Author Topic: Memphis Grizzlies 2018-2019 Season Watch Thread  (Read 62818 times)

Re: Memphis Grizzlies 2018-2019 Season Watch Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2019, 11:06:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Either this pick conveys in the 9-10 range or it’s a valuable pick in 2020 still. As long as they don’t land stars in FA then it’s a win win either way  :)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2019, 10:19:23 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Either this pick conveys in the 9-10 range or it’s a valuable pick in 2020 still. As long as they don’t land stars in FA then it’s a win win either way  :)

That won't happen because of the contract of Chandler Parsons.

Nice to see that Parsons still has a valuable role in the NBA.

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2019, 11:38:43 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Parsons says he's medically cleared and ready to play but the Grizz won't let him. 

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Oh yeah, good point! They have about 100M in payroll for next year it seems (assuming Gasol opts in which he will), but I reckon they'll look to re-sign some guys and such so it looks unlikely they can add another star in FA. Maybe trade? But idk what their trade chips look like (their best ones are the ones who make way too much $$$ - similar to the Wall situation before he got hurt).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2019, 12:38:38 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Grizzlies (18-21) lost to the Spurs 88-108 and have now lost 12 of their last 15

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2019, 12:46:27 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
It’s been a great night between the Kings and the Griz losing

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2019, 01:24:31 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Oh yeah, good point! They have about 100M in payroll for next year it seems (assuming Gasol opts in which he will), but I reckon they'll look to re-sign some guys and such so it looks unlikely they can add another star in FA. Maybe trade? But idk what their trade chips look like (their best ones are the ones who make way too much $$$ - similar to the Wall situation before he got hurt).

Despite them starting hot this season, I've said since the beginning that the Grizz pick is the biggest wild card. We got it as a throw in (as opposed to the Kings pick which was the tatum/fultz trade) so the risk reward is huge.

Love to see that they can't add much if it does end up conveying in 2020. Might be a good spacing for picks/players as we take Kings/Clips/Our own 1st this year.

Thank you Danny  ;D
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2019, 04:30:24 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I really don’t think they can fall back to those brutal EC teams (Wall-less WAS, CHI, NYK, ATL, CLE) and PHX out west.

So they will be in that 7-10 range even if the wheels come off.

Not sure about this draft beyond the top 5 or so, so don’t know if it’s better it doesn’t convey and hope MEM begins the rebuild and in a couple years if may be a top-4 pick, or just take the ~10th pick now (for impact player or trade piece).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2019, 12:19:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Both nbaDraft.net and Tankathon Show us in position to take Bol Bol at the 10th pick

https://www.nbadraft.net/
http://Https://www.tankathon.com

Other players available could be jontay porter, Nassir little, garland, hunter

We are in a good position to upgrade our team next year if these picks convey in this 9-12 range. If Memphis doesn’t convey we still have a nice trade chip or potentially better pick next year

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Chandler Parsons will leave the Grizzles indefinitely as management and his agent James Dunleavy work to structure a resolution on Parsons’ future with franchise. Sides agreed on separation Sunday. Parsons has been medically cleared since Dec. 21.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1082032313163268096?s=21

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Despite them starting hot this season, I've said since the beginning that the Grizz pick is the biggest wild card. We got it as a throw in (as opposed to the Kings pick which was the tatum/fultz trade) so the risk reward is huge.

Love to see that they can't add much if it does end up conveying in 2020. Might be a good spacing for picks/players as we take Kings/Clips/Our own 1st this year.

Thank you Danny  ;D

Disagree that the Memphis pick was a throw in. It was the main asset the Celtics wanted in the Jeff Green deal (yes, a first round pick for Jeff Green. We knew wherever the pick landed it was worth it).

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2019, 07:24:48 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Both nbaDraft.net and Tankathon Show us in position to take Bol Bol at the 10th pick

We are in a good position to upgrade our team next year if these picks convey in this 9-12 range. If Memphis doesn’t convey we still have a nice trade chip or potentially better pick next year

Hunter is old, relatively, but he's a guy I want for the Celtics and their next generation of solid grit...If his shot improves, a great get.

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2019, 08:59:11 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Hunter is old, relatively, but he's a guy I want for the Celtics and their next generation of solid grit...If his shot improves, a great get.
I just went to the UVA Marshall game on New years Eve specifically to watch Hunter and I don't want him with a lottery pick.  He's passive and not anything close to other former UVA players like Brogden or Anderson defensively.  Maybe with our pick but not the Sacramento or Memphis picks.

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2019, 09:05:04 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

I just went to the UVA Marshall game on New years Eve specifically to watch Hunter and I don't want him with a lottery pick.  He's passive and not anything close to other former UVA players like Brogden or Anderson defensively.  Maybe with our pick but not the Sacramento or Memphis picks.

Thanks for insight!  TP.  Not what I would've expected, though his draft range is quite large...anywhere from around 7 to late teens or even lower.  Definitely some mixed opinions on him.  A similar sized guy is Hachimura...but he also has is all over the mocks from quite high to 20 ish...

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2019, 09:55:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This pick won't convey this year.