Poll

Do you like the 14 second shot clock reset after an offensive rebound?

Yes
9 (69.2%)
No
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Do you like the new 14 second shot clock reset after an offensive rebound?  (Read 807 times)

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I liked the idea in theory, but after watching a few games I'm not a fan of it.  Often times when a player secures a rebound under the hoop and then has to dribble away from traffic and passes the ball back out, there's less than 10 seconds to run a play.  This is especially true when the rebounder is surrounded by taller players.  There isn't enough time to run a play which leads to a forced shot.  What are people's thoughts on this?

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I like it for what it does to the end of the game, the 24-second shot clock reset after an offensive rebound has iced hundreds of games over the years.

If this new rule was in place back then plenty of those games would have given a chance to the team that didn't rebound because the team that did would still have to worry about a shot-clock violation.

Like you said teams are actually pressured to run whatever offense they can muster as opposed to the old way where they could just pass it to the top of the key for a fresh set.

There are very few ways to effectively make the end of games more exciting and I think that this one was well conceived.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I like it but things do seem rushed if you get an offensive rebound. Players will adjust.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It looks rough right now, but eventually it will become second nature for players. It will make the pace a bit more frantic, which I like.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes