Poll

Now Playing With Boston Under Brad Stevens, Where Do You Think Irving Will Rank Of ALL Starting PG's In NBA After THIS Season?

16 (14%)
12 (10.5%)
38 (33.3%)
13 (11.4%)
24 (21.1%)
2 (1.8%)
4 (3.5%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (0.9%)
#11-12
0 (0%)
#13-14
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
Lower Than Half The League
4 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Poll: Irving's Ranking Of All Starting PG's Now Playing W/Boston?  (Read 14662 times)

Re: Poll: Irving's Ranking Of All Starting PG's Now Playing W/Boston?
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2017, 01:31:31 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
It's Curry, Westbrook, and then Kyrie, IT, and Wall in varied order with Lillard close behind.

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
It's Curry, Westbrook, and then Kyrie, IT, and Wall in varied order with Lillard close behind.

Last year I would've had Lowry and Paul also in the conversation, but are they falling off a cliff?

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2017, 03:21:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we are removing Harden from the conversation (Paul should be back soon enough), then I would place Kyrie in the 2nd tier with John Wall - so 3rd or 4th. Paul is getting older and his stats will certainly take a hit playing with Harden, IT is still an unknown, and Lowry/Conley/Lillard just seem to be in the next tier below.

I realize I am probably biased because Irving is a C, but age, actual production, and quality of team should also matter in these rankings. I think the more Irving gets used to playing under Stevens, the more clear it will become that he is a 'real' star.

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Last year I would've had Lowry and Paul also in the conversation, but are they falling off a cliff?

Chris Paul is. He is 32 and can't stay healthy. He is a nice player still when he can get on the court, but he is probably a lot closer to 15th now than top 5.

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2017, 04:06:14 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I remember reading an interesting take that because of Kyrie's age versus other PG's he is kind of in the middle on his own.  Curry, Westbrook and those guys are a few years older so they're peaking now and Kyrie will be hitting his peak form around the time they are dropping off, and the new younger guys won't be hitting theirs yet so it's easily possible for Kyrie to be top 3 in a year or two when Westbrook and Curry start to regress a little and the younger guys aren't quite hitting their strides yet.

Kyrie is ONLY 25.

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Well, Irving out-dueled Westbrook in the 2nd half.  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I remember reading an interesting take that because of Kyrie's age versus other PG's he is kind of in the middle on his own.  Curry, Westbrook and those guys are a few years older so they're peaking now and Kyrie will be hitting his peak form around the time they are dropping off, and the new younger guys won't be hitting theirs yet so it's easily possible for Kyrie to be top 3 in a year or two when Westbrook and Curry start to regress a little and the younger guys aren't quite hitting their strides yet.

Kyrie is ONLY 25.

It's amazing to think that this guy, just 3 months after turning 24 years old, hit the GAME WINNING shot in a Game 7 of an NBA Finals vs. the supposed best team in NBA History (coming off 73 win-season), giving the city of Cleveland it's first championship in franchise history  :o

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2017, 09:11:01 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Kyrie is ONLY 25.

It's amazing to think that this guy, just 3 months after turning 24 years old, hit the GAME WINNING shot in a Game 7 of an NBA Finals vs. the supposed best team in NBA History (coming off 73 win-season), giving the city of Cleveland it's first championship in franchise history  :o

To be fair, it was a very low percentage shot.  I wouldn't want him taking that if I were a Cavs fan.  Not quite as bad, but reminds me of John Wall's buzzer beater in Game 6(?) last year.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2017, 09:39:15 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Fwiw I think Dame is underrated. He would make consistent all star teams if he was in the east.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Fwiw I think Dame is underrated. He would make consistent all star teams if he was in the east.

Agreed.  Statistically, there's no reason to believe he wouldn't be as successful in Boston as Kyrie presumably will be (and IT was).  He's also got the clutch gene. 

« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Agreed.  Statistically, there's no reason to believe he wouldn't be as successful in Boston as Kyrie presumably will be (and IT was).  He's also got the clutch gene.
I think Kyrie is ahead of Dame because he was mvp in the finals but I think they are in the same tier.

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2017, 10:01:42 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah very true. He's criminally underrated IMO.

Seeing him hit that game winner over Ingram to beat the Lakers was beautiful.   ;D

« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2017, 10:05:32 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I think Kyrie is ahead of Dame because he was mvp in the finals but I think they are in the same tier.

Agreed.  In general, just think he could have had much more career success in a better environment.

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2017, 10:25:37 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Agreed.  In general, just think he could have had much more career success in a better environment.
Yeah I hope Dame gets a better team some day

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2017, 11:49:31 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah I hope Dame gets a better team some day

Or hope his current team actually provides him more help, which they haven't...