Author Topic: Lakers (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Game 3 6/8  (Read 87810 times)

Re: Lakers (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Game 3 6/8
« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2010, 12:11:29 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
To me, the two biggest areas for concern heading into Game 3 were KG and Sheed.  KG was his old self - at least on offense.  Sheed played a good amount of minutes.  They lost because Pierce, Ray and to a lesser extent Rondo never got going.  

The fact that Sheed and KG both played well, to me was a very positive sign for a long series -- even though they lost tonight.

I'm pretty confident the Celtics are winning Game 4.

« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2010, 12:12:32 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
C'mon now, People.

Tough Loss, but far from over. On Thursday, I promise you we won't shoot this bad.

We've already proven that we can win in LA, so that's a wash.

Biggest thing(s) to take from this game? Our bench played well again, and we got Our KG back.

This Isn't Over - by any stretch. And LA knows it.

Now let me go on over to Silver Screen and Roll and tell them to put away the champaigne.

« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2010, 12:13:10 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
This loss leaves me feel the most disgusted I've felt after a game in a while.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted  :(  feels like punch in the stomach over and over

« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2010, 12:14:20 AM »

Offline BigBaby

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
we got owned. fisher wouldn't miss in the 4th. we had momentum going our way but couldn't figure it out.

i'll say one thing though, i'm eating my words about KG playing bad. the only bright spot it seemed. except his dirty screens were costing us at the end.

« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2010, 12:15:51 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Sigh we just love taking the long road don't we? Now that we've gotten the 2 tough losses out of the way, hopefully we can focus and put together our usual 3 game winning streak and get this done in 6 like we've done the past 2 times.

TP, it really reminded me the game 3 from the Cleveland series. all they need to do i win three more. The Magic down 1-3 were in the verge of trashing the C's, and now the Celtics can't win this series?

gimme a break... they can still win it all, believe in our team. Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #500 on: June 09, 2010, 12:15:59 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Gutted. Absolutely gutted  :(  feels like punch in the stomach over and over

I feel sick to my stomach.

It was awful in too many ways to go into. Refs were a major, major factor. Stupid, arbitrary, or flat out wrong calls all game, last 18 minutes of the game the refs played all the defense for the lakers, got all the boards. Allowed the laker bigs to shove and trip, then every big possession to tie the game some ridiculous call against us, or a non-call that was equally absurd.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #501 on: June 09, 2010, 12:16:51 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Happy @ Doc saying "maybe I should start complaining about fouls before games..."
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #502 on: June 09, 2010, 12:18:19 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Lakers fans shouldn't be proud of their team.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #503 on: June 09, 2010, 12:19:14 AM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
This game was lost in the first quarter. We didnīt execute after the first 5 minutes, and the Lakers had their way with us. It was an uphill battle from there for the rest of the game.

Yep---and even though Ray and Pierce sucked---I blame RONDO for this loss.....he only attacked the basket TWICE the entire game----playing Quarterback instead of Point Guard----Terrible---we almost always Lose when Rondo is passive...my God--I was yelling for the whole game to ATTACK the rim---but he kept pulling up at the top of the key-!!

« Reply #504 on: June 09, 2010, 12:24:41 AM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Its a bummer, sure, would have been nice to have the leg up.  Consider, however.  LA couldnt hold a 17 point lead. The C's were getting stops in the 2nd half. Garnett figured how to go off on the Pau-boy long way from home. need to make some palsy tho, and Rondo needs to stick his jumper every bit as much as Ray.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #505 on: June 09, 2010, 12:25:29 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Happy @ Doc saying "maybe I should start complaining about fouls before games..."

Ha.Me too. Almost wish he would call them out more, 25,000 bucks be [dang]ed. We didn't lose this game cause of the ref's, we lost it because of sloppy D in the first half and shots not falling, but, dang, they sure didn't help our cause. A lot of dubious whistles. That early 4th possession that had PP's fifth and the call Gasol got bailed out was ugly. But what can you do...just couldn't make that shot when we needed it, hanging around by 4 or 3 and could never even it up.

Not too happy right now but there is a long way to go.

I can't go on, you must go on, I'll go on.

Miles to go before I sleep...

« Reply #506 on: June 09, 2010, 12:26:06 AM »

Offline Bynum4MVP

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
Surprising gutsy win by the Lakers forcing a Paul Pierce return to LA.

Didn't think they'd win this one in Boston but I'm happily surprised.  Thank god Ray Allen came back to earth.

Good game, cya on Thursday.
Anything is POSSSIBBBLLEEE!!!!!
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
REPEAT!

« Reply #507 on: June 09, 2010, 12:27:31 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
NBA or WWE?

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #508 on: June 09, 2010, 12:28:06 AM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves
Every time we got within 1 or 2, those refs would call a ticky tack foul against us. I really wish that we would get an officiating crew that can call it evenly on both sides.  Bynum spent a lot of time camped in the paint.  But on the bright side (if there is one), there is no way that Ray has two atrocious games in a row.  He will come out Thursday like he did on Sunday.
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #509 on: June 09, 2010, 12:29:56 AM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
This game was lost in the first quarter. We didnīt execute after the first 5 minutes, and the Lakers had their way with us. It was an uphill battle from there for the rest of the game.

It's the same problem we've had all year: complacency.
We won the big one in LA, came home fired up, came out tonight and jumped in front 12-5, then relaxed a bit.  That gave LA an opening and they took advantage of it, outscoring us 21-5 for the rest of the period.  They're a tough team, they don't quit, they're not Cleveland.

PS.  I love Ray Allen, but he didn't deserve to play 42 minutes tonight.  You can't wait forever for a guy to get it going.  Even a hall of famer.

Time to bounce back one more time!