Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Lakers (1-0) Game 2 6/6  (Read 116262 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Lakers (1-0) Game 2 6/6
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
still early in this series, but this one feels a little like the 1984, game 4 scenario.

we pretty much have to have this game to win the series - not an absolute, because this team has the ability to get on a roll when they come home for games 3,4,5.

i'd love to watch one of those classic Celtic playoff wins tonite - the kind that you look back on years later with that great feeling of satisfaction for the players.

i really want a second banner for this group so they can join the other Celtic championship eras who all have had multi-titles.

for this team, it begins and ends with defense - really want to see us get back to that smothering, textbook man-to-man team defense that sets this bunch apart from the rest of the league.

5 hours & counting ........... might be time to mix that first Crown, i'm just not emotionally strong enough to fight thru this game sober !!
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 02:13:02 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
yeah...tonight seems like a big chance to really grab the series mo back. they need to come out like they did in game 3 vs the magic

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 02:13:50 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
time to find out if we're mice or men here

the Lakers sure looked like the better team in Game 1...Celts really need to step up the hustle to overcome the physical advantages the Lakers showed in Game 1.
Yup

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i understand kobe getting in the paint and to the rim every so often....but farmar, shannon brown and fisher shouldn't be blowing by our guards and parading down the lane like they are superstars

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 03:00:44 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
i understand kobe getting in the paint and to the rim every so often....but farmar, shannon brown and fisher shouldn't be blowing by our guards and parading down the lane like they are superstars

THANK YOU! I was almost sick watching that happen. Defense has to get going.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

made me sick also...esp when farmar did it....obvious finley cannot handle any of the laker guards...better off playing nate more in that situation...but at least foul them hard

i need to see this tonight:

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
I completely agree on all accounts. Foul hard, and Nate should get minutes, he's been effective recently and he can actually keep up with the Laker guards. Maybe Finely at spot minutes to cover Walton if we really need to.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2010, 03:27:48 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
still early in this series, but this one feels a little like the 1984, game 4 scenario.

we pretty much have to have this game to win the series - not an absolute, because this team has the ability to get on a roll when they come home for games 3,4,5.

I think that our dominant march through the playoffs spoiled us C's fans a bit.  We gotta trust our team to absorb a hit and bring it.  It ain't about 1-1 or 2-0, it's about focus and concentrating on winning THIS game.

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

made me sick also...esp when farmar did it....obvious finley cannot handle any of the laker guards...better off playing nate more in that situation...but at least foul them hard

In today's game that would be a certain ejection so I wouldn't mind Scal doing it to Gasol.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:58:49 PM by misha »
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2010, 04:50:46 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

In today's game that would be a certain injection so I wouldn't mind Scal doing it to Gasol.

an injection? Sure, why not ;D

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Man, I hope we just win. Dominating win. Pretty win. Ugly win. I don't care, I just want a Celtics win.

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
time to find out if we're mice or men here

the Lakers sure looked like the better team in Game 1...Celts really need to step up the hustle to overcome the physical advantages the Lakers showed in Game 1.

yup also if we drop this one and are dominated again, itd be a huge hit to our confidence regardless wether were a veteran team or not.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Spanish phrases for KG to learn ..

1)"Dude, you're in my spot"
2)"Tall for an Amish guy, aren't you"
3)"Does Kobe wear that white outfit in the locker room?"

Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2010, 05:40:59 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
They've only played one game in the last 1.5 weeks. So they're fresh.

They're motivated after 72 hours of post-game one talk.

They're good, as we've seen in almost every game this postseason.

And several individual guys want and need to avenge their performances in game one.

Simple recipe - contain penetration, turn the Lakers over, rebound, run, and move the ball on offense.

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
They just need to play collectively not individually.  As game 4 and 5 showed in the last series you can't play hero ball it has to be team ball.  If we have good ball movement tonight and get at least 50% of the boards we will have a very good shot of winning.  Also stay out of foul trouble.