Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 294190 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #870 on: December 06, 2022, 08:39:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
AD only 8 minutes at the half tonight? What happened, he got hurt again?

Looks like he left early due to flu-like symptoms. Wonder if it's covid or just a bad stomach?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #871 on: December 06, 2022, 09:38:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706

Looks like he left early due to flu-like symptoms. Wonder if it's covid or just a bad stomach?

Could also be the flu itself. Tough time of the year.

« Reply #872 on: December 06, 2022, 09:50:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

Could also be the flu itself. Tough time of the year.

Ditto. I myself caught covid during Thanksgiving weekend...had almost the full package. Been out since then. Today finally tested negative and feel a lot healthier so I'll be making my own December debut in my office shortly

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #873 on: December 06, 2022, 09:51:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Mavs vs Nuggets on TNT in a few mins..Should be an interesting game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:04:00 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #874 on: December 08, 2022, 02:46:46 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
The Warriors lost to Utah in a wild and crazy ending. That hurts.

https://youtu.be/XBOVdfFlRB8

« Reply #875 on: December 08, 2022, 08:32:47 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Are New Orleans for real? First in West right now..got great nucleus in Zion, Ingram, McCollum, Big V, Murphy, Nance, Alvarado..can they keep it up?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #876 on: December 08, 2022, 01:36:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Are New Orleans for real? First in West right now..got great nucleus in Zion, Ingram, McCollum, Big V, Murphy, Nance, Alvarado..can they keep it up?

If they stay healthy.

« Reply #877 on: December 08, 2022, 02:05:17 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I think so.  I placed a bet on them to win at least 49 games this year.

« Reply #878 on: December 08, 2022, 02:08:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Two thoughts:

(1) They are #1 not because they are playing so well but because the rest of the top teams in the West have stunk up the joint. GSW need to act together. DEN still struggling after the comebacks from long term injuries to MPJ and Murray. LAC have been a no-show because Kawhi hasn't been able to comeback. CP3 got old which has taken PHO out of the mix.

The good news here is that if this continues the West could be wide open. The bad news is that some of these underperforming contenders (particularly GSW & DEN) could get their act together and then wipe the floor with the rest of the West.

(2) I made the same point / question about NOP when we faced them a few weeks ago. They have the talent to be a title contender. The top tier talent of Zion, Ingram and McCollum combined with the supporting cast of Herbert Jones, Jonas, Nance, Alvarado, Trey Murphy. That is a title contender talent wise.

That part said, I felt they lacked the urgency & maturity necessary to take advantage of the situation. I do not feel those guys understand how lucky they are / rare it is to have such a talented group of teammates and how special of an opportunity they have in front of them. That lack of urgency / understanding will be their undoing.

Secondly, the lack of maturity from their young stars Zion and Ingram appears to be a problem as well. Neither are real leaders yet. Both are more concerned with their own numbers than team wins. They don't look ready for high pressure playoff games to my eyes. They are not mature enough.

If NOP wakes up and sees what is in front of them, they have a very special opportunity to win the West. They have the talent. They have the supporting cast. They conference is wide open. It is all right in front of them for them to take. They just need need to understand the gravity of the situation, the urgency required to fulfill the task, and the maturity to put the team ahead of self. However, I do not see that happening for them though.

I feel like this is more of a false start. A season needed to realize how close they are and what they could be capable of if they just grew up already and took things more seriously. Next year looks a better bet for them.

« Reply #879 on: December 08, 2022, 02:17:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

[dang]. I got the over at 44.5.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #880 on: December 08, 2022, 02:36:13 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I chose to take the over of 48.5 at +210, because I believed in the Pels as the team to pop this year.

« Reply #881 on: December 08, 2022, 02:51:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

I chose to take the over of 48.5 at +210, because I believed in the Pels as the team to pop this year.

Well done if that holds.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #882 on: December 08, 2022, 02:54:40 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Well done if that holds.

It was aggressive but I'm still feeling good about it.

« Reply #883 on: December 08, 2022, 08:06:25 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Two thoughts:

(1) They are #1 not because they are playing so well but because the rest of the top teams in the West have stunk up the joint. GSW need to act together. DEN still struggling after the comebacks from long term injuries to MPJ and Murray. LAC have been a no-show because Kawhi hasn't been able to comeback. CP3 got old which has taken PHO out of the mix.

The good news here is that if this continues the West could be wide open. The bad news is that some of these underperforming contenders (particularly GSW & DEN) could get their act together and then wipe the floor with the rest of the West.

(2) I made the same point / question about NOP when we faced them a few weeks ago. They have the talent to be a title contender. The top tier talent of Zion, Ingram and McCollum combined with the supporting cast of Herbert Jones, Jonas, Nance, Alvarado, Trey Murphy. That is a title contender talent wise.

That part said, I felt they lacked the urgency & maturity necessary to take advantage of the situation. I do not feel those guys understand how lucky they are / rare it is to have such a talented group of teammates and how special of an opportunity they have in front of them. That lack of urgency / understanding will be their undoing.

Secondly, the lack of maturity from their young stars Zion and Ingram appears to be a problem as well. Neither are real leaders yet. Both are more concerned with their own numbers than team wins. They don't look ready for high pressure playoff games to my eyes. They are not mature enough.

If NOP wakes up and sees what is in front of them, they have a very special opportunity to win the West. They have the talent. They have the supporting cast. They conference is wide open. It is all right in front of them for them to take. They just need need to understand the gravity of the situation, the urgency required to fulfill the task, and the maturity to put the team ahead of self. However, I do not see that happening for them though.

I feel like this is more of a false start. A season needed to realize how close they are and what they could be capable of if they just grew up already and took things more seriously. Next year looks a better bet for them.
I'm confused by this.  Ingram is averaging the fewest points of any season in New Orleans and Zion is way down from his last season.  They are taking less shots and sharing the ball, not just with McCollum, but Murphy, Jonas, and Jones and they are winning.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #884 on: December 08, 2022, 08:48:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Two thoughts:

I'm confused by this.  Ingram is averaging the fewest points of any season in New Orleans and Zion is way down from his last season.  They are taking less shots and sharing the ball, not just with McCollum, but Murphy, Jonas, and Jones and they are winning.
Yeah, I don't find those criticisms accurate. They play good team-oriented ball
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)