Author Topic: I Used to Hate and Now I Like Him  (Read 6881 times)

Re: I Used to Hate and Now I Like Him
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Piston Baynes to Celtic Baynes.

What did Piston Baynes do to even be on your radar?  I usually save my hate for the stars.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2019, 12:08:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Antonio Brown

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2019, 01:34:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Antonio Brown

I think soon enough Antonio Brown is going to hate himself.

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Antonio Brown

You are probably joking but I seriously agree with this.  I think I am the only one seriously in AB's corner but I think he got screwed by the Patriots.  The Raiders he brought on himself, maybe on purpose.  I guess as a black man in the NFL you are innocent until accused in civil court.  AB doesn't have a mugshot in Florida but Kraft does.  What happened to Kraft? Nothing.   AB has NO criminal complaints against him.  If this lady thinks AB's texts are threatening, you know what she can do?  Go to the police, not talk to the NFL.  I also found out she can do this new thing called, blocking a number.  I know, crazy.  She said she isn't looking for money yet has a lawyer?  Please.  SI is reporting about all these people who say AB owes him money, yet Kraft is saying even if the NFLPA gets a ruling against him, he won't pay AB his guaranteed money.  Pot meet kettle. 

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Antonio Brown

You are probably joking but I seriously agree with this.  I think I am the only one seriously in AB's corner but I think he got screwed by the Patriots.  The Raiders he brought on himself, maybe on purpose.  I guess as a black man in the NFL you are innocent until accused in civil court.  AB doesn't have a mugshot in Florida but Kraft does.  What happened to Kraft? Nothing.   AB has NO criminal complaints against him.  If this lady thinks AB's texts are threatening, you know what she can do?  Go to the police, not talk to the NFL.  I also found out she can do this new thing called, blocking a number.  I know, crazy.  She said she isn't looking for money yet has a lawyer?  Please.  SI is reporting about all these people who say AB owes him money, yet Kraft is saying even if the NFLPA gets a ruling against him, he won't pay AB his guaranteed money.  Pot meet kettle.

After the Raiders debacle, Brown needed to take the season off to get his sh-- together. There was so much bad press coming all at once and then the aftermath to follow was insane - probably even worse because his signing was with the Pats.

He basically only had a couple of hours as a FA before agreeing to a market rate contract with the Pats. People in his position are usually lucky to get a prove it league minimum type of salary. Look at Josh Gordon - he is only getting $2M this year.

I wish the best for Brown and hope he can get things worked out the way that he needs to. A sudden retirement tweet doesn't necessarily mean the end for him, but he has to prove himself as a better person if he does actually want to play again. It's a shame it went down the way it did.

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2019, 05:08:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This is past tense but the Duncan-era Spurs. 

Nowadays it's hard because I don't really hate many players, unless they're dirty in which case redemption is a very uphill climb. I don't like LeBron but I got over loathing him after 2012. I appreciate him now.