Author Topic: Celtics (34-19) at Jazz (34-20) Game #54 2/11/17  (Read 40649 times)

Re: Celtics (34-19) at Jazz (34-20) Game #54 2/11/17
« Reply #390 on: February 12, 2017, 03:44:39 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Nice win tonight.  Really like that Gerald and Young contributed.  Horford was outstanding.

Horford's performance will be overlooked, because his statline is just fine, but he absolutely was outstanding.

Disagree

Horford was a ghost tonight... Outside of decent stats

KO was the outstanding big player tonight

You're so biased it's funny.  A blind man can see you have issues with Al. Get over yourself bruh, it's not that serious lol.  Al was extremely efficient, especially on the defensive end of the court. You can bash Al all season but not $1 of his paycheck will be deducted because YOU think he doesn't deserve it!

How am I biased??

KO was outstanding tonight...not Horford

Horford has had better games. Why is this hard to accept?

Horford had a statline of 66.7% FG, 16 PPG, 9 RPG, 3 APG, 1 BPG, and 3 TO, 1 being unforced due to the players inability to catch his pass.

Now...

Triboy we already know... If Jordan Mickey had even half of the stat line, your face would be like this.

Just kidding by the way, I really love Jordan Mickey as much as you do. I even homered myself into believing he could become like a Draymond Green type of player. Glue guy with better chance of being a shot blocker.

I still think he could be. If he ever improves his shot, from mid range, or 3pt to keep defenses honest, and at least knowing how to pass. He's a terrible passer, but I'm convinced by the meteoric rise of the Celtics, any coach can develop a player; its Brad Stevens.

___

My binkies from this years draft was oddly Mickey, Young, and Smart. I wanted all of these players to succeed, and I'm definitely feeling that way too with Brown.

I don't know what our future holds. But I always imagined the thought of a healthy and more improved shooting back court in Young and Smart. A slogan that I made oddly enough with a co-worker who shared my strange passion for the Celtics.

__

Who was the five best players tonight, if anyone can tell me. I didn't get to watch the game.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:20:11 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #391 on: February 12, 2017, 05:03:00 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
If Utah give Hayward 210 million dollars in the offseason they will have plenty more of these sorts of games to look forward to. Getting outplayed by other franchises who are smarter with their money.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #392 on: February 12, 2017, 08:58:22 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If Utah give Hayward 210 million dollars in the offseason they will have plenty more of these sorts of games to look forward to. Getting outplayed by other franchises who are smarter with their money.

This actually is the biggest flaw in the salary system.  It's created an expectation every team should have one or two max salary guys and that the best player at a position or your team should be paid like he's one of the best guys at that position in the league.  Ainge is going to have some very tough decisions with IT, Avery, Smart and KO all wanting new deals soon.

It's also going to be a challenge for any team like Philly, LA or soon Boston who has mulitple high lottery picks over several years, though I think the new CBA might help a little with that.

Mike

« Reply #393 on: February 12, 2017, 09:24:27 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

This actually is the biggest flaw in the salary system.  It's created an expectation every team should have one or two max salary guys and that the best player at a position or your team should be paid like he's one of the best guys at that position in the league.  Ainge is going to have some very tough decisions with IT, Avery, Smart and KO all wanting new deals soon.

It's also going to be a challenge for any team like Philly, LA or soon Boston who has mulitple high lottery picks over several years, though I think the new CBA might help a little with that.

Mike
Beg to differ somewhat.  IMO, it's created an expectation on the part of players and their agents that if you put up the stats, you will get paid comparably to other players with those stats.  GM's have agreed to this approach in salary negotiations/offers/FA signings.  It's not perfect, but "pay-for-play" is not the worst system possible.