Author Topic: Grant Williams(merged threads)  (Read 37209 times)

Re: When are we going to start talking about Grant Williams’ shooting?
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2020, 04:37:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's weird to say that Grant needs to slim down or become more agile.  The biggest thing that stands out to me about Grant is his nearly supernatural ability to stay in front of almost any guy he has to defend.  He's not always tall or long enough to majorly contest a guy's shot or prevent him from getting inside, but he's darned effective at staying between his man and the basket.  You have to have very good lateral agility to do that.

For an example of the polar opposite, see Kanter, Enes.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2020, 04:46:35 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
It's weird to say that Grant needs to slim down or become more agile.  The biggest thing that stands out to me about Grant is his nearly supernatural ability to stay in front of almost any guy he has to defend.  He's not always tall or long enough to majorly contest a guy's shot or prevent him from getting inside, but he's darned effective at staying between his man and the basket.  You have to have very good lateral agility to do that.

For an example of the polar opposite, see Kanter, Enes.

Yep. On-ball he struggles to contest shots, but he is really good at coming weakside to get vertical and contest shots.

« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2020, 04:50:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm sorry, if this has already been mentioned.

Grant was recruited by Harvard and Yale. His Mom is an engineer for NASA and I think he was captain of the chess team at UT. (I haven't confirmed that yet)

He's got "head coach" written all over him. In the meantime, hitting some shots would be great and he's been doing just that of late.

He reads the floor really well and is often unnoticeable as he is usually in correct position.

When he has the ball, his team mates all break for his excellent passes.  I guess he's stuck with being a "small center" when he seems more like a 'biggish two."
I think he has "PhD or CEO or Tech pioneer" written all over him. Kid is ridiculously intelligent and has been taught the importance of education from his parents. It would not surprise me that once basketball playing is over that he moves onto big and better things in the world. He seems like the type of kid that could end up being more well known for what he does out of basketball than in it. 

« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2020, 05:54:06 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Since hitting his first three (after missing 25 in a row!) Grant has been lighting it up from three. Shooting 44% from deep on 1.5 attempts per game in 15MPG. He's also shooting a dead even 50% from the field. His free throw shooting has been off, but that was really two games (where he shot 0-2 then 2-5 from the line) that did the damage to his FT%. As he was such an elite free throw shooter in college I fully expect a bounce back to 75-80%.

Overall, he looks like quite the good pickup. Sets a mean screen, solid rebounder, good passer, good low-post scorer, can make plays on defence and can hit shots. Look forward to what he can do with us. And despite having such a long college career he only turned 21 on November 30th!

I share your optimism about him, and almost your entire scouting report.

But.

Grant has not been a solid rebounder. The recent uptick in offensive boards is certainly welcome, but production on the defensive board, which this team so badly needs, has stayed stubbornly low.  He’s currently at a paltry 11.4%, just behind Tremont Waters.
Dang, I didn’t realise how poor his defensive rebounding had been. I expect it to improve, but you’re totally right. His per 36 rebounding since he hit his last 3 is quite weak.

I have faith!

I do, too. Also have faith that he’ll get the turnovers under control.

I think Grant Williams is a Celtic. I love the ferocious, physical defense - already plays it like a veteran. He’s a born leader, mature at 21.  More than just a good passer, he moves the ball where it needs to go. He’s all about the team. He’s a connector, keeps it light in the locker room.

I predict a big step up in year two.

People are underestimating the Boston Celtics’ 2019 draft.
Yeah, 100% agree. He’s one of those guys that I just want to be around forever. He seems to be strong of body and mind.

If one of Romeo or Carsen can prove to be a serviceable guy I think 2019 will be quite a hit. I think Tremont will be a really solid guy too, might only be a career backup but I like what he does.

Romeo is a bust... I will not be posting on Celticsblog anymore if he is still with the team after his rookie contract.

He will take the Terry Rozier route.. That if ever he does make a good account of himself, it will be with another team... So Danny better trade him for Bertans or something.

I see a better future for Tacko tbh.

The only rookie that will stay with these draftees will be Grant but that's because he is a role player.

I’m surprised that you are already calling Romeo a bust. I’d say he’s got star upside. He’s got an excellent first step and burst off the floor, good touch on the jump shot and feel for the game. Good length, has real promise as a defender. Needs a year working on his body, but the elements are in place.

Terry Rozier is not a bust, and I would remind you that Rozier was part of getting Kemba Walker. You’re right to suggest that if Romeo’s game comes together it might not be with the Celtics - not a problem, is it?

Just how young Langford is going to break into the rotation is not at all clear. But a lot can happen over the course of a rookie contract (Hayward is up this off-season, for instance), so in my opinion Boston could do a lot worse than hanging onto him and developing his game.
Few things:

1. Don't be surprised by bopna's "Langford is a bust" hot take. He has been riding that since preseason, I think.

Well, someone has to do it.  ;D  Personally, I don't mind people posting contrary opinions, even provocative ones.

2. I don't think Ainge had to trade Rozier to obtain Kemba. I think the story was Ainge was trying to work a three way sign and trade but the 3rd team(Nets?Sixers?) backed out and Ainge went through with the double sign and trade anyway even though he could have just signed Kemba. Ainge did Rozier and the Hornets a very large favor.

He also cleared out Rozier's potential salary by avoiding paying for it. And if the rumors about Terry complaining about minutes are true, Danny made the locker room a happier place. And, let's face it, Terry getting shots for himself was a strength, but he wasn't doing it very efficiently last year.

3. I think Romeo could get regular rotational minutes as soon as next year if Hayward or Smart are no longer on the team. If Hayward and Smart are on the team, Romeo could still hoover up all of Wanamaker's and Green's minutes, as both may have moved on to other teams next year. That's kinda like inconsistent rotational minutes, which is still a lot of minutes. Romeo should have ample opportunity to grow, develop and play next year and beyond. Ainge has already said he sees Romeo as a future 20 PPG scorer.

No player is untouchable, but losing Marcus Smart would be grievous. I suspect that it would also be unwise trading him. This isn't a Marcus Smart thread (though why not, since we seem to be going everywhere else), but it's worth taking note of at least one big deal improvement in his game this season: a career-low 10.1% turnover rate.

I have no prediction about Gordon Hayward's future with Boston. As players always are reminding one another, "It's a business."  Having said that, if the money can be made to work, Boston is better with him. Actually I think that any team would be; his special talent is providing whatever the team needs when he's on the floor, so he's complementary to anybody - the idea that we've heard floated around is that he's redundant, which is hard to argue; I'm not persuaded at all. In fact, his greatest strength is not his impressive skills, or even the completeness of his game, it's that he adapts to what the team needs.

He's effective off or on the ball, just seems to be in the right place all the time - has a nose for the ball - shoots super-efficiently, can spot up or create a good shot off the dribble, great handles so he's not just a good passer - he moves the ball with the dribble to create a pass. Totally unselfish - to a fault, if you have that rigid system where you have an Alpha, a second banana, and a third guy who's got to sacrifice more and give up touches (Garnett was an exception, an Alpha who gave up touches). Is Hayward a #1? a #3 or even #4? In a way, all of the above.

Good regular-season teams sometimes underperform or founder when the playoffs come. To win in the playoffs, you've got to deal with cranked-up defenses - especially in today's game, guys who can get you a good shot are essential if you're going to advance.

The flurry of "trade Hayward for a Center" posts seems to have died down for the moment, but the nature of his game is that it's a lot of things, and scoring might not be what he's doing a lot of on any one night.

I don't know about Romeo "hoovering up" all of Wanamaker's and Green's minutes - at least not Wanamaker's, since their roles are a little different. But if Langford really does get rotation minutes next season, those two would be affected.

Romeo has had to deal with lots of circumstances in his rookie season, but that may be all to the good. One of Brad Stevens' unrecognized strengths as a coach is getting court time for the whole roster. Langford looks like he belongs on an NBA court to me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:07:35 PM by Hoopvortex »
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2020, 06:06:22 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
It's weird to say that Grant needs to slim down or become more agile. 

I'm looking at what's possible for HIS body, not some abstract idea of what a player of his type and size ought to be able to do.

He does need to lose fat - surely anyone can see that?

And better hip joint mobility would help him with a lot of different movements, not least his first step.

At this point he's able to guard up better than guard down; it would be great for him to get more mobility.

The biggest thing that stands out to me about Grant is his nearly supernatural ability to stay in front of almost any guy he has to defend.  He's not always tall or long enough to majorly contest a guy's shot or prevent him from getting inside, but he's darned effective at staying between his man and the basket.  You have to have very good lateral agility to do that.

The more the better, I'd say.

As important is anticipation; and reading the scouting reports, both of which are strengths for him.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2020, 07:04:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Since hitting his first three (after missing 25 in a row!) Grant has been lighting it up from three. Shooting 44% from deep on 1.5 attempts per game in 15MPG. He's also shooting a dead even 50% from the field. His free throw shooting has been off, but that was really two games (where he shot 0-2 then 2-5 from the line) that did the damage to his FT%. As he was such an elite free throw shooter in college I fully expect a bounce back to 75-80%.

Overall, he looks like quite the good pickup. Sets a mean screen, solid rebounder, good passer, good low-post scorer, can make plays on defence and can hit shots. Look forward to what he can do with us. And despite having such a long college career he only turned 21 on November 30th!

I share your optimism about him, and almost your entire scouting report.

But.

Grant has not been a solid rebounder. The recent uptick in offensive boards is certainly welcome, but production on the defensive board, which this team so badly needs, has stayed stubbornly low.  He’s currently at a paltry 11.4%, just behind Tremont Waters.
Dang, I didn’t realise how poor his defensive rebounding had been. I expect it to improve, but you’re totally right. His per 36 rebounding since he hit his last 3 is quite weak.

I have faith!

I do, too. Also have faith that he’ll get the turnovers under control.

I think Grant Williams is a Celtic. I love the ferocious, physical defense - already plays it like a veteran. He’s a born leader, mature at 21.  More than just a good passer, he moves the ball where it needs to go. He’s all about the team. He’s a connector, keeps it light in the locker room.

I predict a big step up in year two.

People are underestimating the Boston Celtics’ 2019 draft.
Yeah, 100% agree. He’s one of those guys that I just want to be around forever. He seems to be strong of body and mind.

If one of Romeo or Carsen can prove to be a serviceable guy I think 2019 will be quite a hit. I think Tremont will be a really solid guy too, might only be a career backup but I like what he does.

Romeo is a bust... I will not be posting on Celticsblog anymore if he is still with the team after his rookie contract.

He will take the Terry Rozier route.. That if ever he does make a good account of himself, it will be with another team... So Danny better trade him for Bertans or something.

I see a better future for Tacko tbh.

The only rookie that will stay with these draftees will be Grant but that's because he is a role player.

I’m surprised that you are already calling Romeo a bust. I’d say he’s got star upside. He’s got an excellent first step and burst off the floor, good touch on the jump shot and feel for the game. Good length, has real promise as a defender. Needs a year working on his body, but the elements are in place.

Terry Rozier is not a bust, and I would remind you that Rozier was part of getting Kemba Walker. You’re right to suggest that if Romeo’s game comes together it might not be with the Celtics - not a problem, is it?

Just how young Langford is going to break into the rotation is not at all clear. But a lot can happen over the course of a rookie contract (Hayward is up this off-season, for instance), so in my opinion Boston could do a lot worse than hanging onto him and developing his game.
Few things:

1. Don't be surprised by bopna's "Langford is a bust" hot take. He has been riding that since preseason, I think.

Well, someone has to do it.  ;D  Personally, I don't mind people posting contrary opinions, even provocative ones.

2. I don't think Ainge had to trade Rozier to obtain Kemba. I think the story was Ainge was trying to work a three way sign and trade but the 3rd team(Nets?Sixers?) backed out and Ainge went through with the double sign and trade anyway even though he could have just signed Kemba. Ainge did Rozier and the Hornets a very large favor.

He also cleared out Rozier's potential salary by avoiding paying for it. And if the rumors about Terry complaining about minutes are true, Danny made the locker room a happier place. And, let's face it, Terry getting shots for himself was a strength, but he wasn't doing it very efficiently last year.

3. I think Romeo could get regular rotational minutes as soon as next year if Hayward or Smart are no longer on the team. If Hayward and Smart are on the team, Romeo could still hoover up all of Wanamaker's and Green's minutes, as both may have moved on to other teams next year. That's kinda like inconsistent rotational minutes, which is still a lot of minutes. Romeo should have ample opportunity to grow, develop and play next year and beyond. Ainge has already said he sees Romeo as a future 20 PPG scorer.

No player is untouchable, but losing Marcus Smart would be grievous. I suspect that it would also be unwise trading him. This isn't a Marcus Smart thread (though why not, since we seem to be going everywhere else), but it's worth taking note of at least one big deal improvement in his game this season: a career-low 10.1% turnover rate.

I have no prediction about Gordon Hayward's future with Boston. As players always are reminding one another, "It's a business."  Having said that, if the money can be made to work, Boston is better with him. Actually I think that any team would be; his special talent is providing whatever the team needs when he's on the floor, so he's complementary to anybody - the idea that we've heard floated around is that he's redundant, which is hard to argue; I'm not persuaded at all. In fact, his greatest strength is not his impressive skills, or even the completeness of his game, it's that he adapts to what the team needs.

He's effective off or on the ball, just seems to be in the right place all the time - has a nose for the ball - shoots super-efficiently, can spot up or create a good shot off the dribble, great handles so he's not just a good passer - he moves the ball with the dribble to create a pass. Totally unselfish - to a fault, if you have that rigid system where you have an Alpha, a second banana, and a third guy who's got to sacrifice more and give up touches (Garnett was an exception, an Alpha who gave up touches). Is Hayward a #1? a #3 or even #4? In a way, all of the above.

Good regular-season teams sometimes underperform or founder when the playoffs come. To win in the playoffs, you've got to deal with cranked-up defenses - especially in today's game, guys who can get you a good shot are essential if you're going to advance.

The flurry of "trade Hayward for a Center" posts seems to have died down for the moment, but the nature of his game is that it's a lot of things, and scoring might not be what he's doing a lot of on any one night.

I don't know about Romeo "hoovering up" all of Wanamaker's and Green's minutes - at least not Wanamaker's, since their roles are a little different. But if Langford really does get rotation minutes next season, those two would be affected.

Romeo has had to deal with lots of circumstances in his rookie season, but that may be all to the good. One of Brad Stevens' unrecognized strengths as a coach is getting court time for the whole roster. Langford looks like he belongs on an NBA court to me.
Regarding a few things from #3:

I mentioned if Smart or Hayward wouldn't be here next year but don't think either not being here is a good things. But.....you never know what will happen. Hayward or Smart could be traded. I would want to see the return but if either us gone Romeo will have a lot of wing rotational minutes to grab.

Who knows, maybe Hayward pulls a Horford, opts out and signs long term elsewhere. Again, Romeo should then get minutes.

I do think Wanamaker and Green are gone next year. Waters will be taking Wanamaker's 3rd string PG spot and Green's spot will most likely be taken by a 1st round pick. With both gone there will be a lot of irregular minutes in the rotation that open up. Yes Wanamaker is a PG but he plays a lot with Smart. Romeo can take those minutes and play off ball with Smart or Green's minutes alongside Waters. Either way with Wanamaker and Green gone guard minutes open up for Romeo.

Romeo should become the 2nd guard off the bench after Smart next year at the very least. And that will be lots of minutes for him to develop. The idea that because this team has Smart, The Jay's and Hayward, that another wing or non-PG guard won't get minutes to develop, to me is just not accurate. Langford will have lots of time available if he shows he has earned the minutes.

« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2020, 07:35:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
(Ignore)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2020, 07:35:33 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
let's edit the thread title to:  we've been talking about Grant Williams' shooting for 11 pages..  8)

We are just getting started...
Do I get any credit for starting an 11 page and counting thread?  Toss a guy a TP or something?  ;)
Look at his trend for 3 point shooting:

Oct - 0%
Nov - 0%
Dec - 28.8%
Jan - 47.4%

At this pace, he'll be shooting 150% in April.  Then, we HAVE to be talking about his shooting.  ;)

Threads for TPs? Is that a quid pro quo?

:laugh:
Gave you both TP's....

« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2020, 07:35:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
So after about 12 pages of ongoing discussion, I've got one question for everyone.

When are we going to start talking about Grant Williams’ shooting?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

He does need to lose fat - surely anyone can see that?

Well, you of course know the answer:  People see different things with their different eyes.  I'm personally pretty skeptical of fans being able to "see" whether a player like Grant "needs" to lose fat.   He's visibly stout, yes.  But his reported body fat percentage is low and he's to my eye rock-solid.  He's measured as ridiculously strong and to my eye he seems pretty mobile already.  To my eye, he's built more like Unseld than any other NBA player that I've seen.  Unseld certainly wasn't fat.  He was a rock.
And better hip joint mobility would help him with a lot of different movements, not least his first step.

At this point he's able to guard up better than guard down; it would be great for him to get more mobility.

Sure, but technically you could ask for this (better hip/whatever joint mobility) for every player (and me too, please!).   Whether there is much to be actually gained by making it a point of emphasis or not is not something we can easily know.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:54:19 AM by mmmmm »
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2020, 11:49:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Grant is smart and strong but he is horrible run and jump athlete.   I am not sure he can improve much in that regard as he looks reasonably  fit to me.  But he makes up for some of this with good timing on blocks and smarts.

I think some folks are irrational exuberant on his play though.   Sometimes he plays well and other games he disappears and is swallowed up which is what you would expect of a rookie where he is drafted.   He is a small 6-6 almost Barkley 6-6 which means he is closer to 6-4.   He plays hard, knows his role and I think he will figure it out.   

His shooting for the season and not some doctored since this date is still 23.7% but he is definitely shooting better as late, he was just so bad in the beginning that shooting 46% the last 10 games is having trouble in making a dent.  In 15 mpg he is averaging 3.3 PPG 2,5 RPG and 1 APG and 6.94 PER so he has nowhere to go but up and dare I say underperforming in some regards.

« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Williams body type always gives some people the idea he is pudgy or has baby fat. The guy has a ridiculously low 5.4% body fat. Anything lower could be problematic and unhealthy.

Williams is in the best shape he probably can get in. His agility and shuttle times at the combine were excellent for a man his size.

He will never have great bounce, verticality or burst. But he does have incredible hand-eye coordination, lateral quickness, footwork, sprint speed and brute strength.

I don't see his athleticism being able to get any better. But what will get better is Grant's ability to learn how best to use that athleticism to become the best player he can be. It's his intelligence that will separate Grant from regular bench defensive role players.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:09:23 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2020, 12:04:12 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Grant is smart and strong but he is horrible run and jump athlete.   I am not sure he can improve much in that regard as he looks reasonably  fit to me.  But he makes up for some of this with good timing on blocks and smarts.

I think some folks are irrational exuberant on his play though.   Sometimes he plays well and other games he disappears and is swallowed up which is what you would expect of a rookie where he is drafted.   He is a small 6-6 almost Barkley 6-6 which means he is closer to 6-4.   He plays hard, knows his role and I think he will figure it out.   

His shooting for the season and not some doctored since this date is still 23.7% but he is definitely shooting better as late, he was just so bad in the beginning that shooting 46% the last 10 games is having trouble in making a dent.  In 15 mpg he is averaging 3.3 PPG 2,5 RPG and 1 APG and 6.94 PER so he has nowhere to go but up and dare I say underperforming in some regards.

Just for the record, Grant's official NBA height without shoes is 6' 6".  He was measured at the NBA Pre-Draft Combine as 6' 5.75" w/o shoes and 6' 7.5" with shoes.

I'm confused by the point of your last paragraph.  You dismisses measurements of his recent shooting as "doctored" yet acknowledge he has been "better of late".   That's what more recent measurements confirm.   You then pile back on with season averages (which are loaded down by the weight of his early season start) to imply he is "underperforming" (in the present tense).
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2020, 12:09:08 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton

Sure, but technically you could ask for this (better hip/whatever joint mobility) for every player (and me too, please!).   Whether there is much to be actually gained by making it a point of emphasis or not is not something we can easily know.

Yes, we can know it.

I won’t get too deep in the weeds with this and keep it as simple as I can.

Grant has a distinct forward tilt in his pelvis. This can be reduced in general by stretching/lengthening the hip flexor muscles in the front (it’s more involved than that, but good enough for this conversation). If that sounds like a good afternoon’s work, it’s not.

A good way to see this is to watch his low back just before he goes into action. Notice how the curve increases as he is about to take off running - meaning that he increases his forward tilt. Forward tilt usually correlates with lumbar lordosis, as it does in his case.

Why does this matter? A bias in one direction limits movement in the opposite direction - in this case, hip extension; in particular the big gluteus maximus engages late in the cycle, constraining explosiveness and jumping.

There are bigger issues down the road. Biased joints lead to injuries (consider Kevin Durant, for example, whose knees have a home position that is very extended; the Jones fracture, the hyperextension injury - and the Achilles rupture, as well - are all consistent with that).

In Grant’s case we could anticipate the risk of quad overuse and knee tendinitis, and low-back issues like spasms and SI joint pain.

Williams body type always gives some people the idea he is pudgy or has baby fat. The guy has a ridiculously low 5.4% body fat. Anything lower could be problematic and unhealthy.

The extra fat is in his belly, and wasn’t likely being measured by that. In any case it wouldn’t be solved by not ordering extra fries.

Deep to the abdominal wall in front we have an additional connective tissue layer (again, simplifying for this discussion), which tends to take on extra fat when it is habitually long. Grant’s is long because in tilting the pelvis forward the distance between the pubes and the sternum is habitually lengthened. As he gets more length in the front of the hip joints, his pubes can come up to a more functional position, and his belly fat should normalize on its own.

He will never have great bounce, verticality or burst.

Never? Maybe not. But they can be improved, and he plays in a sport where split-seconds and half-inches make a difference. I’ll just point to one other thing: low pubes mean there’s a drag on the ribcage from below, which limits range of motion for breathing.

But he does have incredible hand-eyel coordination, lateral quickness, footwork, sprint speed and brute strength.

I agree. Actually it’s very interesting kinesiologically how he achieves his side-shuffle - unusual combination.... but that’s a discussion for a different day.

I don't see his athleticism being able to get any better.

I don’t know Grant Williams, but I can assure you that he does not share your gloomy opinion.

I have had the privilege, over some years now, of working with many people, including professional athletes, to improve their bodies. This week I’m working with a MLB pitcher as he prepares for training camp. His team’s trainer referred him to me because he thought that I could help improve his performance.

I mention this not because I claim to know all the answers in this area - I don’t; and I don’t wish to end the discussion. You two have certainly made good points, and I’m in general agreement with you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 12:38:05 PM by Hoopvortex »

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2020, 04:48:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Baby fat? Fat around stomach?

I am not seeing it.