Author Topic: Marcus Smart A highlight defines him  (Read 1965 times)

Marcus Smart A highlight defines him
« on: November 13, 2023, 04:01:06 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
https://streamable.com/pa07su?src=player-page-share

If they're ever was one play that summarized a player it's this one. Trying to do too much in crunch time,  screws up badly, but makes up for it with hustle and determination.  Nice job smart, I'm glad your causing Heartburn for another team though lol.

Re: Marcus Smart A highlight defines him
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 05:47:47 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1398

If they're ever was one play that summarized a player it's this one. Trying to do too much in crunch time,  screws up badly, but makes up for it with hustle and determination.  Nice job smart, I'm glad your causing Heartburn for another team though lol.

That sums him up exactly, TP for that KG. And the fans go from NOOOO to OOOOOHHH to OOOOMMMMMGGGG. But it could easily have been OOOOMMMMGGGG to OOOOHHHH to NOOOO  ;D

He just doesn't know his limits, so he always tries to exceed them with high risk all game changing plays that for the 20% chance they come off he wins the game for you, the 50% chance it doesn't but he gets away without doing too much damage, then the remaining 30% it turns into a game losing backbreaker play  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 06:56:43 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

I saw it live and thought to myself thank Gawd he's someone elses heartburn lol
ok fine

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 09:19:15 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203
Just so Smart.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 09:21:09 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1841
Just so Smart.

I don't miss him one bit.  We are so better off with White and Holiday running the show.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 09:30:01 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Lol! I miss watching Smart! I only have a team pass and can only watch the C’s tho. I like the team better without him but he did make for some entertaining basketball lol
- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 10:21:28 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1467
Incredible play. Glad to see they won the game, too. Especially against Harden and the Clippers!
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 02:45:51 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just so Smart.

I don't miss him one bit.  We are so better off with White and Holiday running the show.

Same.  Give me steady fundamentals instead of out of control with occasional big plays.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2023, 04:40:49 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Smart is being forced into way to big of an offensive role with Memphis being so depleted of talent.  Still love watching him play but the C's are definitively better as constituted.  Was watching the game yesterday and that play epitomizes who he is as a player.  Chalk another one up to only a play Smart would make.

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 05:40:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Just so Smart.

Even though he was a fav of mine since he arrived , I’m way more confident and less stressed out of the ball handling and shooting now he’s gone . Anxiety level has dropped considerably for me.  And the constant dread for Brogdon and TL being injured was too much pressure on me as fan much less the team and coach   

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2023, 06:28:14 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
Lol! I miss watching Smart! I only have a team pass and can only watch the C’s tho. I like the team better without him but he did make for some entertaining basketball lol

I don't think the team is "better without him" per se. I think it's better with Holiday instead of him, but if the backcourt was White/Brogdon/Pritchard I think most of us would miss Smart. Jrue is just way better, though.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 07:26:14 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 175
How is a spin and a dribble towards the paint him "trying to do too much?" He's an NBA player, you think he should never dribble the ball? I've seen Jason Tatum lose the ball in the same way, except he didn't save it. The criticism of Smart on this board rarely makes sense to me. People like to hate and don't even think about what they're really saying.
If this is Marcus trying to "do too much," than how did he ever get the assist on Tatum's game winner in game 1 against Brooklyn? If he shouldn't even spin and dribble, how was he the starting point guard for a team that went to the Finals? Ridiculous!

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2023, 07:34:04 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203
How is a spin and a dribble towards the paint him "trying to do too much?" He's an NBA player, you think he should never dribble the ball? I've seen Jason Tatum lose the ball in the same way, except he didn't save it. The criticism of Smart on this board rarely makes sense to me. People like to hate and don't even think about what they're really saying.
If this is Marcus trying to "do too much," than how did he ever get the assist on Tatum's game winner in game 1 against Brooklyn? If he shouldn't even spin and dribble, how was he the starting point guard for a team that went to the Finals? Ridiculous!

Comparing Smart with Tatum is a nonstarter...

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2023, 10:02:52 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 175

Comparing Smart with Tatum is a nonstarter...
I didn't compare them. I compared the play in the video. I've seen everyone from Carson Edwards to Jason Tatum do the same thing and lose the ball, but somehow Marcus Smart is different and should not even attempt a basic NBA move? The Smart hate here has never made sense.