Author Topic: starting to resemble last yrs team  (Read 4765 times)

starting to resemble last yrs team
« on: January 16, 2020, 08:51:31 PM »

Offline ihatelakers

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
 no defense,lots of hero ball,always blaming refs,brad stevens with crazy lineups on the court and marcus smart not knowing his role.last year all over again the last 3 weeks

Re: starting to resemble last yrs team
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:13:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No fake “leader” blaming everybody but himself, though. That’s refreshing.

When the defense returns, so will the excellent play overall. It seems that teams in general are pretty susceptible to a slide between mid December and February.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:21:48 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
when does the coach start to get some blame? im losing faith in that aspect of it.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:21:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, it does feel a bit like last year inasmuch as the team has me in this cycle of looking at the schedule, anticipating the game, then dreading to look at the score, then feeling bummed about the score, then feeling disappointed that the game won't be worth watching later.

But like Roy says, the way the players are behaving is much different.

I will continue to say that this is just a mid-season slump and that the players just need a bit of  a break and to get back into groove ... until it's clear that it's not just that.

If this slump bleeds into the second half of the season and it seems like maybe the team was never quite as good as they looked in the first half, that will be a bummer. 

Even if that's the case, though, and this culminates in a disappointing finish to the season, I am going to keep telling myself:

We've got Tatum, we've got Brown, we've got Kemba, we've got Brad.

Things are gonna be OK.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 09:28:43 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Yeah, it does feel a bit like last year inasmuch as the team has me in this cycle of looking at the schedule, anticipating the game, then dreading to look at the score, then feeling bummed about the score, then feeling disappointed that the game won't be worth watching later.

I will continue to say that this is just a mid-season slump and that the players just need a bit of  a break and to get back into groove ... until it's clear that it's not just that.

If this slump bleeds into the second half of the season and it seems like maybe the team was never quite as good as they looked in the first half, that will be a bummer. 

Even if that's the case, though, and this culminates in a disappointing finish to the season, I am going to keep telling myself:

Things are gonna be OK.
You should post this in the game thread too, because it's full of wrist slitting and end-of-the-world takes. It seemingly comes from people who were mysteriously absent from earlier this season...
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 09:33:17 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Things are gonna be OK.
You should post this in the game thread too, because it's full of wrist slitting and end-of-the-world takes. It seemingly comes from people who were mysteriously absent from earlier this season...

I don't think the team resembles last year's team.  But I don't think if people are upset with the effort level tonight against the Bucks it means they are wrong. 

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 09:37:58 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Things are gonna be OK.

I don't think the team resembles last year's team.  But I don't think if people are upset with the effort level tonight against the Bucks it means they are wrong.
Except it's wasn't just being mad at the game. It's far worse.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 09:44:46 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Things are gonna be OK.

So what is your point?  Seriously.  You are surprised that C's fans are hot that their team looked like garbage?   I don't get calling people out for being 'mysteriously absent from earlier this season'.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 09:50:15 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
This team is what they were anticipated to be during the offseason, a middling 4-5 seed Eastern Conference team.

They might've overachieved early in the season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 10:10:58 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Things are gonna be OK.

So what is your point?  Seriously.  You are surprised that C's fans are hot that their team looked like garbage?   I don't get calling people out for being 'mysteriously absent from earlier this season'.
Do I need to spell it out? The game thread is incredibly toxic, full of people that post just to be negative and post their hot takes. That's my "point".

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 10:14:53 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Things are gonna be OK.

Do I need to spell it out? The game thread is incredibly toxic, full of people that post just to be negative and post their hot takes. That's my "point".
'

Cmon on, you can say that about any thread on this forum, or any forum. 

Calling people out for 'mysteriously absent from earlier this season' is just as petty as what is in the game thread.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 10:19:45 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Things are gonna be OK.

'

Cmon on, you can say that about any thread on this forum, or any forum. 

Calling people out for 'mysteriously absent from earlier this season' is just as petty as what is in the game thread.
It's 100% worse in the game threads. And it's not petty if it's true.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 10:42:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I know the past few weeks have looked frustrating. However, did you just see Kyrie’s comments last night regarding the Nets? This year’s team is actually accountable and plays together. I have faith they can turn it around again. Not like last year where you just had trouble finding a reason to believe in them (while Kyrie acted like a fake leader)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 10:46:41 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
no defense,lots of hero ball,always blaming refs,brad stevens with crazy lineups on the court and marcus smart not knowing his role.last year all over again the last 3 weeks

What? Doesn't resemble last year's team at all. Just look at tonight, they were down 27 but didn't quit. I'm much happier with this team this year. We're all upset after losing to Milwaukee, the best team in the league, because our team raised our expectations with their performances this year. There's plenty to work on but this team is nothing like last year's team.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 10:48:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
DANNY must TRADE HAYWARD or Brad should BENCH him for his own good.