Author Topic: Who's available that we can get at C  (Read 49423 times)

Re: Who's available that we can get at C
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 03:41:03 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I believe Tacko could give Embiid some trouble by May. Robert Williams is growing too.
Alex Len  has some beef.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 03:47:31 PM by spikelovetheCelts »
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 03:44:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It's amazing that people trapped in the 1970s have access to the world wide web.

THIS^

I don't quite get GCB's comment here...

Can someone "enlighten" this 1969 Baby?
Pretty sure he means that a lot of people's thinking here appears to harken back to a time when center was the most important position in the game, when it no longer is. Apparently he thinks these people are older and so probably  haven't a clue what the internet is, you know, a place where they would learn the center position is not as important to winning a title.

I think that's the gist of that apparent put down/insult.

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2019, 03:50:15 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
GSW had good center play in Green. Cleveland had Tristan Thompson Rebounding hard when they won as well as Love. Kanter and Theis played well enough for us to win. Tatum just had a bad game. Smart would will us in the end of both of those games.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
It's amazing that people trapped in the 1970s have access to the world wide web.

THIS^

Pretty sure he means that a lot of people's thinking here appears to harken back to a time when center was the most important position in the game, when it no longer is. Apparently he thinks these people are older and so probably  haven't a clue what the internet is, you know, a place where they would learn the center position is not as important to winning a title.

That's cool thanks Nick.

I'll have plenty of popcorn and Coke handy for the playoffs next year - as I believe Embiid will run roughshod over our team once again.

I can only hope that he has conditioning issues again this year - OR that Al Horford isn't quite as effective against us.

I love Green Koolaid like the next guy / gal here but BOS - as we stand now - need to run close to perfect games to beat PHI in a series.

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

THIS^

That's cool thanks Nick.

I'll have plenty of popcorn and Coke handy for the playoffs next year - as I believe Embiid will run roughshod over our team once again.

I can only hope that he has conditioning issues again this year - OR that Al Horford isn't quite as effective against us.

I love Green Koolaid like the next guy / gal here but BOS - as we stand now - need to run close to perfect games to beat PHI in a series.
I'm not as pessimistic.  I think if both teams are healthy, the C's can win that series.  The C's will need to defend better - particularly their wings like Harris, Smith and Richardson.  can't afford for them to have great shooting nights like last night again.

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2019, 04:29:09 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Here are some guys that might be available at the deadline this season.

Myles Turner: they already got Sabonis and Bitadze at the 5
Willie Cauley-Stein
Tristan Thompson (buyout candidate as well)
Derrick Favors (buyout candidate as well)
Mo Bamba: according to Brian Windhorst, he was available on the market prior to the trade deadline last season (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818669-windhorst-mo-bamba-is-available-in-trades-mavericks-attempted-to-land-rookie)

I'd be happy with any of them. Wouldn't trade for Thompson or Favors though cause we 'd have to gut our team in the process. I'd only go after them via the buyout market.

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

THIS^

That's cool thanks Nick.

I'm not as pessimistic.  I think if both teams are healthy, the C's can win that series.  The C's will need to defend better - particularly their wings like Harris, Smith and Richardson.  can't afford for them to have great shooting nights like last night again.

I wouldn't call it "pessimistic"...I call it "Stark Reality".

Been a fan since 81' and I've been through too many "would've could've should'ves with this team....."if we do this, then that happens....if we shoot better then this happens....if we defend this guy better then we can do this........."

The rubber is waiting to meet the road with this team.

The NBA is INDEED - Changing...back to the Old School method - see The Los Angeles Lakers.

LAL employs a rejuvenated Dwight Howard on their BENCH...they sport a fresh LBJ, AD and Javale McGee on their tall frontline...

The GSW formula is broken up, now...Small Ball is going to the wayside more....

PHI's length, talent and defense is going to be a tall order to fill for BOS - plain and simple. When you HAVE TO rely on our team to be completely healthy and STILL play perfectly then that is asking a bit much.

I'll continue to wave the Ol' towel like ML Carr did but right now this team could be looking at some tough choices in the future.

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2019, 06:17:24 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

THIS^

That's cool thanks Nick.

Been a fan since 81' and I've been through too many "would've could've should'ves with this team....."if we do this, then that happens....if we shoot better then this happens....if we defend this guy better then we can do this........."

The NBA is INDEED - Changing...back to the Old School method - see The Los Angeles Lakers.

LAL employs a rejuvenated Dwight Howard on their BENCH...they sport a fresh LBJ, AD and Javale McGee on their tall frontline...

PHI's length, talent and defense is going to be a tall order to fill for BOS - plain and simple. When you HAVE TO rely on our team to be completely healthy and STILL play perfectly then that is asking a bit much.

I'll continue to wave the Ol' towel like ML Carr did but right now this team could be looking at some tough choices in the future.

When the 76ers win the championship, we can talk, until then they aren't anything proven other than almost making it to the Finals.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2019, 06:23:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
When the 76ers win the championship, we can talk, until then they aren't anything proven other than almost making it to the Finals.
They didn't even make the ECF!!! Its weird people just erase the Bucks, but Philly was no lock to beat them. (Bucks won the season series 2-1)

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2019, 06:25:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

THIS^

That's cool thanks Nick.

No problem - we can do that.

Right now, though - even with all their flaws - they look like a certain contender. BOS? We need to be completely healthy...need Tatum and Brown to play well...

IMO too many NEEDS with BOS right now....this is just me though.

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2019, 06:37:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Cant wait for all the"we got one in Robert Williams"...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2019, 06:47:55 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Okay fine, I won't say it... *cough* we still have Robert Williams *cough*.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2019, 06:48:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Maybe someday he'll legitimately be starting caliber but I'm not holding my breath.

What I do know is if people actually think this team can win a title or even get to the finals with the collection of bigs we currently have I'd like to sell them some property on the moon.  I've got the deeds right here in my briefcase.

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2019, 07:23:48 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
They got one in Theis but keep panicking guys.

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2019, 07:52:07 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
They got one in Theis but keep panicking guys.
Did you watch the Sixers game? Embiid had a season high 38 points against our bigs. Theis couldn't even slow him down. CBS said it himself during the game that Embiid is a tough matchup for Theis. Chances are that we're gonna face either Embiid or Giannis come playoff time (if not both). Good luck trying to slow them down with Theis as our starting Center.

Not to mention, last night the Sixers were playing without Horford.