Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Cavs (1-0) Preseason Game #4 10/6/18  (Read 18960 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Cavs (1-0) Preseason Game #4 10/6/18
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2018, 11:34:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not worried about the outcome of these preseason games.  We're a highly talented and young team that will need to learn how to keep the gas on the pedal.  But when it matters most, I'd bet all my TPs that we'll punch our ticket to the Finals.

Also a huge fan of Smart's action towards JR Smith.  He was there for all our battles with CLE and witness to JR injuring Crowder.  Every championship team has one or two dirt dogs that will back up their teammates, and Smart "swears on his mama" that he'll back up that gesture intended for JR as he got booted. 

Smart was born for the NBA of the 80s and early 90s.
Agree completely. Particularly about the Smart thing.

I think after this, the Horford push in the Playoffs and what he did to Crowder, Smart (and maybe Mook) will be hunting JR next time we play them. Or at least I hope so. Times like this is where I wish we had James 'Bloodsport' Johnson
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2018, 11:42:27 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Not worried about the outcome of these preseason games.  We're a highly talented and young team that will need to learn how to keep the pedal on the gas.  But when it matters most, I'd bet all my TPs that we'll punch our ticket to the
I wish I could share you’re confidence, not over reacting, but I was expecting much more from the team.

« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2018, 11:51:54 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Not worried about the outcome of these preseason games.  We're a highly talented and young team that will need to learn how to keep the pedal on the gas.  But when it matters most, I'd bet all my TPs that we'll punch our ticket to the
I wish I could share you’re confidence, not over reacting, but I was expecting much more from the team.

Respect your concern, though I have the benefit of not watching these games and assumed we'd take a while to get motivated, reincorporate Hayward, etc..  No need to worry -- if we miss the Finals, you can have all of my and gouki's TPs.  That's now in writing.  :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2018, 12:03:17 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
1 it's preseason
2 the team with irwing hayward must learn to play together... must see wich lineups are suitable and find its ballance..
3 in danny and brad i trust
4 calm down the celtics will reach the finals

« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2018, 12:10:40 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Respect your concern, though I have the benefit of not watching these games and assumed we'd take a while to get motivated, reincorporate Hayward, etc..  No need to worry -- if we miss the Finals, you can have all of my and gouki's TPs.  That's now in writing.  :)

Good to have you back, Tar. Thought you might have locked yourself away and became a recluse after Kyrie’s announcement the other night. 😬

« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2018, 01:17:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

After gambling all my TP’s on game 7 against the Cavs I can’t cosign this offer ;D

« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2018, 01:24:36 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Sucks if Marcus Smart gets suspended in the season opener.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2018, 01:25:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Not worried about the outcome of these preseason games.  We're a highly talented and young team that will need to learn how to keep the gas on the pedal.  But when it matters most, I'd bet all my TPs that we'll punch our ticket to the Finals.

Also a huge fan of Smart's action towards JR Smith.  He was there for all our battles with CLE and witness to JR injuring Crowder.  Every championship team has one or two dirt dogs that will back up their teammates, and Smart "swears on his mama" that he'll back up that gesture intended for JR as he got booted. 

Smart was born for the NBA of the 80s and early 90s.
Agree completely. Particularly about the Smart thing.

I think after this, the Horford push in the Playoffs and what he did to Crowder, Smart (and maybe Mook) will be hunting JR next time we play them. Or at least I hope so. Times like this is where I wish we had James 'Bloodsport' Johnson

Wouldn't mind watching Smart deck or clothesline JR "blindface" Smith. Hate that foo.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2018, 01:44:11 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
What ???

I just watched the replay of Smart & JR Thug - Smith blatantly pushed the official. How is he not ejected, fined and suspended? Thought that was automatic.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2018, 01:47:01 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
What ???

I just watched the replay of Smart & JR Thug - Smith blatantly pushed the official. How is he not ejected, fined and suspended? Thought that was automatic.

Not for JR!

But JRs game one of the finals is what drove LeBron out of town.....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:53:06 AM by liam »

« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2018, 02:52:16 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
What a brutal day for Boston sports

-sox lose to yanks

-celtics lose to cavs

- Connor Mcgregor the Irish warrior loses the big fight. He's Irish so it counts as Boston lol

« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2018, 03:31:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
What a brutal day for Boston sports

-sox lose to yanks

-celtics lose to cavs

- Connor Mcgregor the Irish warrior loses the big fight. He's Irish so it counts as Boston lol
So glad to see McGregor lose, lol. Guys a chump who endangered women with his legitimately criminal antics with the bus incident.

Sad to see Khabib act that way, but oh so happy to see McGregor dominated

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2018, 07:21:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I can see guys dogging it and slacking in the preseason, as they are not real games.   The real concern I have is guys shots vanishing and inability to make shots.   Generally, you can shoot or you cannot.   Right now some of our guys look like they did not pick up a basketball this summer and their shots look off.

I think we will be fine, but the shooting has been horrible.   I know guys are trying to play themselves into shape but when your in contention you need every edge you can get.  I think our talent will pan out and we will be fine.   But I can't help thinking some of our guys went into summer with big heads and thinking we are going cruise through the season.   The reality every team is going to be gunning for us and we have a big target on our back.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:43:10 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
First third of the season is going to be preseason for these guys as they learn to play together.

Don't make any plans for the first week in June. You'll have some games to watch.

Mike

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2018, 05:05:25 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I can see guys dogging it and slacking in the preseason, as they are not real games.   The real concern I have is guys shots vanishing and inability to make shots.   Generally, you can shoot or you cannot.   Right now some of our guys look like they did not pick up a basketball this summer and their shots look off.

I think we will be fine, but the shooting has been horrible.   I know guys are trying to play themselves into shape but when your in contention you need every edge you can get.  I think our talent will pan out and we will be fine.   But I can't help thinking some of our guys went into summer with big heads and thinking we are going cruise through the season.   The reality every team is going to be gunning for us and we have a big target on our back.

To me Tatum really looks off 14 for 44 from the field for all 4 games. Ouch.  Brown just a little better 18 out of 43.  Irving and Rozier when they have played both seem fine, Horford too. 

With Hayward looking rusty and both Tatum and Brown off the wings are kind of dragging the team down, then you add Irving missing the last 2 games.  Our overall 3 point shooting has been horrible.  We will be fine once our wings get back to playing at their normal level, hopefully.