Author Topic: 2017-18 Lakers Season Watch Thread (27-34, 10th Slot on 3/2)  (Read 221842 times)

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Wiz just sucked against the Lakers . They needed Morris soooooo bad .  Wall looked frustrated to me . I think they over looked the Lakers , thought they could cruise and o a win.  Let off the throttle , and got beat. 

Wiz looked out of sorts.

Then Wiz got robbed on the last play was a 100 % foul , even the Lakers guys said it was obvious foul on them.  Refs gave the game to Lakers , not calling an obvious foul on h last play.

This. Wizards lost the game right from the start with their we-showed-up-give-us-the-win attitude.

« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2017, 10:36:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Come on Raptors. Make this a good Friday night. Help us out here!

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2017, 11:01:04 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Come on Raptors. Make this a good Friday night. Help us out here!

First quarter is almost over and Lowry/Derozan are a combined 0/2.

« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2017, 11:23:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Raptors look like a really bad team tonight. I gotta hand it to The Lakers, they are playing hard tonight...

« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2017, 11:33:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I can't wait to see Tatum's length on DeRozen....

« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Ugly, sloppy game, BUT RAPTORS WIN (LAKERS LOSE)!!!

But man... I know it's only 5 games but the hype for Lonzo looks idiotic now.

Guy has 5 points, 6 assists, 7 rebounds on 29% shooting. Looks to me like he's destined to be a Rondo with slightly better shooting in the long run to be honest.

Kuzma looks more like the one Lakers fans should be more excited about.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2017, 01:40:36 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Guy has 5 points, 6 assists, 7 rebounds on 29% shooting. Looks to me like he's destined to be a Rondo with slightly better shooting in the long run to be honest.

I keep saying that he reminds me a lot of Rondo with a bit better shooting but without the elite defense and ability to get to the rim at will.

I think his ceiling is a complementary star, similar to how Rondo was. He needs to have high-level offensive options around him in order to be at his best. I don't see him being a star that can lift a team all by himself.

« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2017, 04:11:23 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

I keep saying that he reminds me a lot of Rondo with a bit better shooting but without the elite defense and ability to get to the rim at will.

I think his ceiling is a complementary star, similar to how Rondo was. He needs to have high-level offensive options around him in order to be at his best. I don't see him being a star that can lift a team all by himself.

I get what you trying to say but RR had the tools to play the defense, and he did it when he felt it was needed. He was also very athletic compared to Ball kid. Ball doesn't have the athletic abilities. He's tall alright for the position he's playing but he's not fast or anything like that, so I don't see him as being a factor in any case as defense matters. The hype is def not real.

« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2017, 06:16:00 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Lakers played the best they could in these 5 games and are still 2-3...the pick is looking very promising, Danny will have made a smart move if the pick conveys and yields a star (I assume Fultz and Tatum will both be stars, Fultz was actually solid aside from shooting and I think we all know that Tatum is in line with Pierce's rookie season while being a 4th option on offense).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2017, 06:44:47 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Lonzo Ball has been downright awful overall.  He is averaging 5.5 ppg Shooting 21.6% from the floor and 8.5% from 3 in games against teams other than the Suns.  Plus his defense is pretty darn bad as well.

« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2017, 06:50:36 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Its a long season and Ball plays with pace and the slightest bit of injury will disrupt his game.His rebounds on defense board are a reflection of his BBIQ.
He may even get better as season wears on as other teams are tanking and some get sloppy or the opposite as his team slows its pace or loses some key players.

« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
all tue Lakers starters finished the game with Raptors with Minus stat .

Ball provided a -15.   doing his part to help the tank

« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2017, 09:32:55 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

I think Lonzo really needs an elite scorer or 2 next to him to truly thrive. One of those stars needs to be able to create in the half court. Lonzo needs to focus on pushing the pace on transition, playing off the ball in the half court, and keeping the ball hopping in sets. That could allow them to hide his deficiencies at creating off the dribble, and scoring in the mid range.
#JKJB

« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

I think Lonzo really needs an elite scorer or 2 next to him to truly thrive. One of those stars needs to be able to create in the half court. Lonzo needs to focus on pushing the pace on transition, playing off the ball in the half court, and keeping the ball hopping in sets. That could allow them to hide his deficiencies at creating off the dribble, and scoring in the mid range.

I mean that's true of every ball handler in the NBA isn't it? Even Lebron needs shooters.
ok fine

« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2017, 10:51:14 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
These games are too close for comfort. They beat the Wiz and barely lost to the Raptors, it’s not giving me much hope that they’ll be a bottom 5 team. Suns, Bulls, Hawks and Knicks all look worse for sure and even if they finished 5th, those aren’t good odds at a top 5 pick. Lowering expectations...
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07