Author Topic: Ryan Anderson is going to be a free agent?  (Read 2127 times)

Ryan Anderson is going to be a free agent?
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Then the celtics should grab him...

hmm lets see he's young (23). He's shown himself to be a very capable pf, something we could use to replace kg. I just checked his stats, he's averaging 16.8 pts and 6.9 rebounds starting for the magic (though he put up nothing against us surprisingly). Start him at the 4, bass off the bench or vice versa, keep jajuan johnson and we're set at pf to rebuild.

If the magic are dumb enough to not extend a contract offer to a guy thats this promising then with the freed up cap space we need to jump at him.

Re: Ryan Anderson is going to be a free agent?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
A little too Raef Lafrentz for me.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

hmm lets see he's young (23). He's shown himself to be a very capable pf, something we could use to replace kg. I just checked his stats, he's averaging 16.8 pts and 6.9 rebounds starting for the magic (though he put up nothing against us surprisingly). Start him at the 4, bass off the bench or vice versa, keep jajuan johnson and we're set at pf to rebuild.

If the magic are dumb enough to not extend a contract offer to a guy thats this promising then with the freed up cap space we need to jump at him.

However, he's not a good defender, shoots 43% from the field, and has no back to the basket game. Also, until further evidence, the jury is out on whether he is simply the product of an offense that allows him open shots because of the double & triple teaming Howard receives.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:09:41 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
He's a role player, though a very good one.  He's putting up great numbers because he's a perfect fit in the Magic's system next to Dwight Howard.

Not the type of player you want for a rebuilding team.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
He's a role player, though a very good one.  He's putting up great numbers because he's a perfect fit in the Magic's system next to Dwight Howard.

Agreed

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 02:28:50 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Yea no thanks, we could do better than that
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

However, he's not a good defender, shoots 43% from the field, and has no back to the basket game. Also, until further evidence, the jury is out on whether he is simply the product of an offense that allows him open shots because of the double & triple teaming Howard receives.

All true, although it's probably not fair to knock him for the 43% shooting.  He has an eFG% of .560 and a TS% of .598, and is averaging 3.2 three pointers made per game.  His shooting efficiency is actually very good.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Agreed

Pretty much, I don't think he starts anywhere else in the league.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Agreed

Pretty much, I don't think he starts anywhere else in the league.
This, although I'd add this provision-->he wouldn't start for a winning team unless that team has a couple of all-stars on it with him

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If we sign Dwight Howard in the offseason he'd be a good pickup with our remaining cap space.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If we sign Dwight Howard in the offseason he'd be a good pickup with our remaining cap space.

Yeah, Anderson is going to be a good fit wherever Howard is.  Or, if the Lakers ever traded Gasol or Bynum, he'd be a good fit next to whatever big man remained.

Basically, he needs to play next to a big man who can score down low and who is a defensive presence.  Under those circumstances, Anderson is a very good player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Anderson is a restricted FA.  Basically the only way to get him is to overpay for him; otherwise ORL will just match any offer.  He's been a bench player his entire career up until this year.  I think the jury is still out on how effective and consistent he can be as a starter.