Author Topic: Props to John Wall's interview  (Read 1800 times)

Props to John Wall's interview
« on: May 05, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
They were playing audio of Wall's presser immediately after game 3 on XM radio. A couple of the reporters tried to lead him down the path of calling Olynyk dirty and he wasn't having any of it.

The point that he tried to drive home was that the Celtics are a physical team. That we are a physical team who gets away with playing with our hands because we have developed such a reputation of physicality. I honestly think that is a fair point.

I found two aspects of his dialogue compelling. First, he tried to stress that since we play so physical, that the Wizards need to man up and overcome our physical defense. The other aspect was that he went out of his way to stress that just because the Celtics play physical, doesn't mean we are playing dirty. He mentioned it multiple times that just because a screen may be illegal, or if we use our hands, doesn't make us dirty as the intent isn't there.

If we are looking for a villain in this series to rally against, there is no way it's Wall. The guy is a class act.

Edit: Sorry I wrote this before class, so I don't have time to go looking for an audio of him after the game.
#JKJB

Re: Props to John Wall's interview
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
It's hard to dislike John Wall. He's the best PG in the East, does a LOT off the court for those who are less fortunate than others, and he can keep his calm like this during a series where both teams clearly hate each other. He's grown as a leader since Pierce left

That being said, not a fan of the rest of the team.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
It's hard to dislike John Wall. He's the best PG in the East, does a LOT off the court for those who are less fortunate than others, and he can keep his calm like this during a series where both teams clearly hate each other. He's grown as a leader since Pierce left

That being said, not a fan of the rest of the team.

Not a fan of Beal?  He's turning into a very good 2 way player.  Always liked Gortat, and wished we had him years ago.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
I don't dislike Wall, but I am tired of seeing the bewildered "I couldn't possibly have committed a foul" face he makes every single time a whistle is blown.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 01:56:23 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I am completely sick of Wall and Beal at the moment. Both are arrogant guys who think they are on top of the world... Looks like Scott Brooks is copying that behaviour.

Oh nevertheless Wall is amazing as a player, just really looking forward to the moment he fails.