Other Discussions > Off Topic

Off Topic: People Are Really This Pathetic?

(1/4) > >>

Roy H.:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/influencer-created-ai-version-herself-120110370.html

--- Quote ---Caryn Marjorie, 23, has more than 1.8 million followers on Snapchat. But her virtual copy — an AI-powered, voice-based chatbot called CarynAI — already has more than 1,000 paying boyfriends.

Fortune was the first to report on CarynAI, a chatbot that is described as a "virtual girlfriend," and which charges users $1 per minute to chat with it.

CarynAI launched as a beta test earlier this month, and generated $71,610 in revenue in around a week, almost entirely from men, Fortune reported, citing an income statement provided by the influencer's business manager.
--- End quote ---

angryguy77:
Harden could probably give some advice on how to get more bang for your dollar.....

Redz:
I'm sure there are plenty of creepers signing up for this or paying exorbitant amounts of money for **** "friends", but I'm guessing there are also just a lot of sad and lonely people for whom this is giving some sort of joy and sense of connection.  We've only just begun with stuff...

Roy H.:

--- Quote from: Redz on May 10, 2023, 12:08:45 PM ---I'm sure there are plenty of creepers signing up for this or paying exorbitant amounts of money for **** "friends", but I'm guessing there are also just a lot of sad and lonely people for whom this is giving some sort of joy and sense of connection.  We've only just begun with stuff...

--- End quote ---

It's just wild.  It's not even a real person.  People are paying $60 per hour to talk to a computer. 

What was that movie with Joakim Phoenix where he was dating a computer?  That movie was sort of charming.  I wasn't hoping to see it become reality.

Who:
I was reading about Virtual Influencers. Apperently they have already taken off in Korea.

Why pay a celebrity to advertise your product when you can just create an AI? Unlike celebrities, AI does not age. Unlike celebrities, AI will not cause trouble with the law. Unlike celebrities, AI will not say offensive things. Unlike celebrities, AI will not get involved in politics.

You want that 23 year old female look. Great. You can have it now, 5 years from, 10 years from now, 20 years from now, 50 years from now. AI never ages. You no longer have to worry about moving from one 23 year female actor to the next one to advertise your shampoo or fragrances. We have your 23 year old looking AI and she will be 23 forever.

People know that these are AI. They know they are fake. Yet .... they still follow them on social media. On instagram. They want to hear what they have to say - each day. They want to get advice from them. They want to learn how to better themselves because this AI appears to be the perfect person. Flawless. Beautiful. Intelligent. Friendly. Never any bad press.

People even start thinking of these Virtual Influencers who are not real people & who they have no real life relationship with as their actual friends.

Creepy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version