Author Topic: Stevens and Tatum are Awards "Finalists"  (Read 641 times)

Stevens and Tatum are Awards "Finalists"
« on: May 17, 2018, 01:41:18 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
Jayson Tatum is one of 3 "finalists" for Rookie of the Year (with Ben Simmons and Donovan Mitchel) and Brad Stevens is one of 3 "finalists" for Coach of the Year (along with Quinn Snyder and Dwane Casey).

Tatum is obviously 3rd in RoY voting but Stevens has a chance to win CoY. Think he'll show up for the award show? I kind of doubt it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Stevens and Tatum are Awards "Finalists"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 01:55:09 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think it is Brad's award. The irony would be that Casey takes it. It would tarnish the award. Makeing it more of a media thing, going away from the profession.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 01:59:24 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I think it is Brad's award. The irony would be that Casey takes it. It would tarnish the award. Makeing it more of a media thing, going away from the profession.

Why would Casey winning tarnish the award? The coaches themselves voted him COTY
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 02:30:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Why would Casey winning tarnish the award? The coaches themselves voted him COTY
because if the coach of the year is fired, it means he's actually garbage and in reality  just won a meaningless popularity contest, making the award a joke

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

because if the coach of the year is fired, it means he's actually garbage and in reality  just won a meaningless popularity contest, making the award a joke

And maybe they shouldn't have given it to Casey in the first place. I honestly feel that quite a few coaches voted for Casey despite knowing in their heart that he was not the best coach this season—more specifically, they didn't want to give it to Stevens (for one reason or another).

But on the subject of finalists, I think it's silly and unnecessary, sort of a way to make the second- and third-place guys feel better—"Hey, don't be so glum; you were a FINALIST!" Dumb.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Jayson Tatum is one of 3 "finalists" for Rookie of the Year (with Ben Simmons and Donovan Mitchel) and Brad Stevens is one of 3 "finalists" for Coach of the Year (along with Quinn Snyder and Dwane Casey).

Tatum is obviously 3rd in RoY voting but Stevens has a chance to win CoY. Think he'll show up for the award show? I kind of doubt it.

I didn't watch Mitchell much this season—is he a better player (at this point) than Tatum? Or is he basically just a scorer?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis