Author Topic: Is Gordon hearing footsteps and gettin ready for contact?-I would be.  (Read 1493 times)

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Gordon smoked some bunnies and LA was playing physical and had a  very tall, strong inside presence.
Those bunnies could have been a result of preparing for contact from behind.
Also a switch from very physical defence and then facing length seems to have bothered Gordon more than once before.
This is not a criticism but I believe and that applies to Marcus also. Defence can be an adrenaline fuelled bruising effort against the Lakers Lebron,Davis ,Howard and McGee .
Did you see Kanter get thrown around.

Daniel Theis with his wall offs is partially the reason Jayson is getting to the rim so easily.He has used his lack of height and bulk to develop a BBIQ skill in tune with Jayson and Jalen aggressively driving to hoop. There is so much involved with timing by both players it seems instinctual.
IT IS A DEADLY COMBINATION WITH EITHER JASON OR JALEN.
And it is no coincidence that Theis's scoring has picked up. Did you see the speed he got up to before his dunk he went like a shot into the basket support system

Re: Is Gordon hearing footsteps and gettin ready for contact?-I would be.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 06:20:48 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Gordon smoked some bunnies and LA was playing physical and had a  very tall, strong inside presence.
Also a switch from very physical defence and then facing length seems to have bothered Gordon more than once before.
This is not a criticism but I believe and that applies to Marcus also. Defence can be an adrenaline fuelled bruising effort against the Lakers Lebron,Davis ,Howard and McGee .

Daniel Theis with his wall offs is partially the reason Jayson is getting to the rim so easily.He has used his lack of height and bulk to develop a BBIQ skill in tune with Jayson and Jalen aggressively driving to hoop. There is so much involved with timing by both players it seems instinctual.

And it is no coincidence that Theis's scoring has picked up. Did you see the speed he got up to before his dunk he went like a shot into the basket support system

I actually saw that with Gordon and Daniel last year, double screen with Theis walling off the paint defender for an easy layup. That was one of Gordon's few money shots last year. Now all 3 of them are doing it.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Is Gordon hearing footsteps and gettin ready for contact?-I would be.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 07:53:04 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

I actually saw that with Gordon and Daniel last year, double screen with Theis walling off the paint defender for an easy layup. That was one of Gordon's few money shots last year. Now all 3 of them are doing it.

Theis has been a huge part of the success the C's are having this year.  Grant Williams has learned this trick as well and I've seen him do this on numerous occasions.  This is a great clear out trick that the C's have been learning to help the undersized guys create room for JB, JT and Hayward.  It has also allowed them to score some easy points on lobs and put backs.