Author Topic: Celtics Memories of games attended in Person  (Read 13816 times)

Re: Celtics Memories of games attended in Person
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2019, 09:28:30 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I wish I’ve been to more C’s games.

My first game in Boston was against the Lakers (very fun until Ray missed a shot at the buzzer to lose the game).

Also went to Pierce and Garnett’s return to Boston with the Nets, that was an awesome game.

Last season, went to the thriller against the Warriors.

But my favorite was the Paul Pierce jersey retirement. Yeah we got smoked and the game was a dud, but the atmosphere and ceremony after was unbelievable.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
5 that stand out to me:

When I was 10 I saw them play the hawks in 2004 or 5. I don’t remember the game but during the 4th quarter some guy gave my friend and I two passes to meet the hawks after the game amongst their family and friends. Zaza was really intimidating but nice. Childress was cool as hell.

Paul pierce’s Last game at the garden (as a clipper). Nuff said.

Game 7 vs Atlanta in 2008. We stomped em but it was electric to be there in a game 7. It was Sam Cassell’s first decent game for us in the playoffs lol.

2018 Al Horford buzzer beater vs Portland. Best single game moment for me.

I love this team.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2019, 10:29:01 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Two for me

1)First Celts game at old Garden in the 90-91 season vs the Pacers.

2.)Being there live in '08 when they won the title (had a mini-plan that year and got the chance to go to the finals.) Nothing will probably ever top that.

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2019, 10:30:04 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I wish I’ve been to more C’s games.

My first game in Boston was against the Lakers (very fun until Ray missed a shot at the buzzer to lose the game).

Also went to Pierce and Garnett’s return to Boston with the Nets, that was an awesome game.

Last season, went to the thriller against the Warriors.

But my favorite was the Paul Pierce jersey retirement. Yeah we got smoked and the game was a dud, but the atmosphere and ceremony after was unbelievable.

I was at that game too. And then took me forever to find my car in the Garden Garage (lol)

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2019, 10:31:03 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Since I'm from Europe, the only Celtic game I've been to was in Italy back in 2012 when they played against Olimpia Milano. I got the seats at the back of the arena, but throughout the game I slowly moved closer to the court (there were enough empty seats). By the final buzzer I was standing on the court and we made a tunnel with some fans, through which the players passed. After the game I went out back to wait for the players by the bus. I got lucky and got Garnett's and Rivers' autograph!!!

My wife and I are planning on going to USA soon to see a game (I said I only want to see a playoff game). She's pretty bummed that Kyrie left, she thinks he's cute and just got his shirt. She asked me the other day if she has to burn it now haha.