Author Topic: Dario Saric for The Bucks pick, would you do it?  (Read 7515 times)

Re: Dario Saric for The Bucks pick, would you do it?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 05:15:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The other team would never do it, I wish I lived in the fantasy land some folks do here must be nice to live in reality without worry.

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 05:18:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The other team would never do it, I wish I lived in the fantasy land some folks do here must be nice to live in reality without worry.

Someone gave up a 1st for Jeff Green and someone gave a 1st for Jiri Welsch, stranger things have happened...

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Someone gave up a 1st for Jeff Green and someone gave a 1st for Jiri Welsch, stranger things have happened...
Very true, liam, but something that is lacking with your proposal, as well as most trade proposals on CelticsStrong, is why the other team does the trade.

As others have said, the Suns traded for Saric knowing they owned his rights going forward. They are starting him and appear happy with him. There is no report anywhere that the Suns would be willing to just dump him for a seriously late 1st rounder and a stiff.

A reason for the trade being, well they are the Suns and other teams have traded people for late picks just isn't a good enough reason to look at this proposal seriously.

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 10:35:30 PM »

Offline DooVoo

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 32
Saric would be a terrible fit on the Celtics as long as everyone is healthy. He doesn't fit a need and the Cs have infinitely better players ahead of him. He can't play the 5 like Theis. At best he takes Grant Williams 8 minutes a game. Not worth it.

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 11:10:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Very true, liam, but something that is lacking with your proposal, as well as most trade proposals on CelticsStrong, is why the other team does the trade.

As others have said, the Suns traded for Saric knowing they owned his rights going forward. They are starting him and appear happy with him. There is no report anywhere that the Suns would be willing to just dump him for a seriously late 1st rounder and a stiff.

A reason for the trade being, well they are the Suns and other teams have traded people for late picks just isn't a good enough reason to look at this proposal seriously.

Saric had a nice game tonight....

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 11:15:48 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I prefer Bertans over Saric.

If the trade is not going to be for a big man, Bertans will be instant offense off the bench for the Cs.

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 11:44:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

tp

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2019, 11:48:24 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'd do it, but I don't think the Suns would be likely to do it.  Saric has been pretty decent for them.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2019, 11:51:07 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
How about Romeo instead of poirier?

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2019, 12:20:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
How about Romeo instead of poirier?
Don't know how I feel about giving up a lotto pick + a first rounder for Saric, given his contract situation.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2019, 05:49:47 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No deal, I want a more defensive and mobile 4/5. I see a few decent big men available in the draft 20 to 34. Not stars but guys that can be in the Perk level of roles for the team. With that Bucks pick we will be able to get something there (if DA picks the right guy).

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2019, 05:51:36 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Dario isn't worth the 1st and I am a Croat.
He also doesn't fill our needs.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2019, 06:15:45 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I like Saric. I also like Mikal Bridges. He was a 3+D player in college (43.5% from 3 during his junior year in 6 attempts per game). Hasn't lived up to his reputation at the NBA level (33.2% from 3 since he got drafted), but I bet he can figure it out in the future.

Highly doubt that the Suns would do Poirier + the Bucks pick for Saric. Chances are that they wouldn't do it for Bridges either, but stranger things have happened.

The C's could have a use for a backup SG who can play off the ball next to Smart. Bridges fits the bill for me. Not to mention, he can provide cover at the SF position as well. Him and Semi would be a promising 3+D duo coming off the bench. Imagine the defensive potential of the second unit with Smart-Bridges-Semi- G. Williams switching every ball screen. I reckon it would be fun to watch, given that we also have Kanter coming off the bench who can score pretty much at will against backup centers.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:41:29 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2019, 06:18:25 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
No deal, I want a more defensive and mobile 4/5. I see a few decent big men available in the draft 20 to 34. Not stars but guys that can be in the Perk level of roles for the team. With that Bucks pick we will be able to get something there (if DA picks the right guy).
The C's need a guy who is ready to contribute right away at the 5 position, not a young prospect. We already got a promising prospect in R. Williams.

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2019, 08:41:14 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Dario isn't worth the 1st and I am a Croat.
He also doesn't fill our needs.

Isn't worth a general first?  Sure.  Isn't worth the Bucks first -- #30 overall?  Let's look at who got drafted #30 overall recently.

2019 - Kevin Porter
2018 - Omari Spellman
2017 - Josh Hart
2016 - Damian Jones
2015 - Kevon Looney
2014 - Kyle Anderson
2013 - Nemanja Nedovic
2012 - Festus Ezili
2011 - Jimmy Butler
2010 - Lazar Hayward

10% chance at a great player (that's probably generous based on this sample), ~30% chance at a rotational player, ~60% chance of a non-meaningful player

I'd say Dario Saric rental is worth about exactly a #30 overall pick right now
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur