Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 49758 times)

Re: Mock Trade Dealine
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Do we use this thread as a trade block, or just pursue through PM?

You can post who is on your trade block on here.
Awesome.

Listening to offers on everyone, but Gortat, Beal and Scott are on the block

Not starting yet! I'll announce when we are starting. Don't want anyone who hasn't claimed a team to be at a disadvantage.
Oops! Redacted for now
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2018, 07:55:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'll take the Kings. 

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
13 left! Still some interesting teams out there. Look at the OP for the list.

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I got a ton of time on my hands lately and enjoy a good challenge.

Give me Detroit and Woj's cell phone number.
ok fine

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 08:42:18 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
This sounds interesting.....lets try  Denver?

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2018, 08:42:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
QUESTION.

What happens if say, for example, whoever has Golden State offers to trade Nick Young to the Knicks for Kyle O'Quinn, and it's posted here, but then another DIFFERENT trade emerges (either two team trade or three-teamer) with Nick Young involved in the trade as well/again (from Golden State to another team). Then what happens? Is that allowed  ???

(Again that's not an actual proposal, just an example for my question^)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2018, 08:49:12 PM »

• Paul Silas
QUESTION.

What happens if say, for example, whoever has Golden State offers to trade Nick Young to the Knicks for Kyle O'Quinn, and it's posted here, but then another trade emerges (either two team trade or three-teamer) with Nick Young involved in the trade (from Golden State to another team). Then what happens? Is that allowed  ???

I got you. Any TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT is final.

You could, for instance, do a TRADE RUMOR if you were looking for a third team to finish the trade. The problem with trade rumors is, of course, your trade partner may then get better offers than what you were offering, and you may miss out on other deals while you were trying to complete that one.

Also, the only way you can trade a player who you just acquired in a trade is if you were under the cap when you acquired them. Otherwise, it wouldn't be allowed under the CBA (again, saltlover, correct me if I'm wrong).

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »

• Paul Silas
11 teams left!

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2018, 08:51:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
QUESTION.

What happens if say, for example, whoever has Golden State offers to trade Nick Young to the Knicks for Kyle O'Quinn, and it's posted here, but then another trade emerges (either two team trade or three-teamer) with Nick Young involved in the trade (from Golden State to another team). Then what happens? Is that allowed  ???

You could, for instance, do a TRADE RUMOR if you were looking for a third team to finish the trade. The problem with trade rumors is, of course, your trade partner may then get better offers than what you were offering, and you may miss out on other deals while you were trying to complete that one.

Also, the only way you can trade a player who you just acquired in a trade is if you were under the cap when you acquired them. Otherwise, it wouldn't be allowed under the CBA (again, saltlover, correct me if I'm wrong).

Ah okay, I get that. So basically if (in that example) Nick Young was traded, then it's illegal (not allowed) for the Golden State GM to deal Nick Young in another deal?

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2018, 08:54:18 PM »

• Paul Silas
QUESTION.

Ah okay, I get that. So basically if (in that example) Nick Young was traded, then it's illegal (not allowed) for the Golden State GM to deal Nick Young in another deal?

Correct. A trade announced is a done deal and the rosters in your profile signature should be updated accordingly.

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2018, 08:58:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
QUESTION.

Correct. A trade announced is a done deal and the rosters in your profile signature should be updated accordingly.

OH my bad I didn't read your entire OP I guess, I didn't know we had to put our rosters in the profile signature lol. I guess that makes everything easier to track.

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2018, 09:15:17 PM »

• Paul Silas
I'll start entertaining people who want to GM two teams. If you do, you obviously are not allowed to trade players from one team to another.

I will also take the Nets.

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2018, 09:39:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
QUESTION.

The player could be traded again if you’re over the cap.  His salary just can’t be added to other players to take on something bigger.

That said, in the NBA there is a functional waiting period of a couple days between when players are traded due to NBA teams rarely waiving physicals.  So you might want to consider having a day or so period before slowing the degrading of a newly acquired player.

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2018, 09:41:27 PM »

• Paul Silas
QUESTION.

The player could be traded again if you’re over the cap.  His salary just can’t be added to other players to take on something bigger.

That said, in the NBA there is a functional waiting period of a couple days between when players are traded due to NBA teams rarely waiving physicals.  So you might want to consider having a day or so period before slowing the degrading of a newly acquired player.

Thank-you. Let's just make it this:

You cannot trade a player you acquired during this mock trade deadline. If you don't want him, you better work a 3-team deal.

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2018, 09:43:34 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Ill take the TWolves. Thanks for doing this!
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out