Author Topic: We may shock the world if we get the #8 Seed  (Read 6396 times)

We may shock the world if we get the #8 Seed
« on: March 12, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
Keeping it brief:

We match up REALLY well with ATL. I know they have a better record, but we play them tough, because we play the same style, and they do not have that 1 go to scorer that puts the fear into us.

I do not like out chances against CLE, just too much talent.

But calling it now, IF we make the playoffs, and face ATL in the 1st round, calling the UPSET right now!

Teague vs Smart
Korver vs Bradley
Carroll vs Crowder/ET
Millsap vs Bass
Horford vs. Zeller

#bleedgreen

Re: We may shock the world if we get the #8 Seed
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Teague is vastly better then Smart

Korver is a better shooter then Bradley

Millsap is better then Bass

Horford is better then Zeller

I dont see it when you lay it out like that.  Maybe our guys playing together as a team can beat them combined with our bench out playing theirs.

But honestly, its kind of a jinx to even be talking about this.  We have a LONG ways to go and a lot of hard work to do, plus get a lot of luck in order to reach that 8th seed.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 01:32:15 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I dont see it when you lay it out like that.  Maybe our guys playing together as a team can beat them combined with our bench out playing theirs.

But honestly, its kind of a jinx to even be talking about this.  We have a LONG ways to go and a lot of hard work to do, plus get a lot of luck in order to reach that 8th seed.

I'm not sure the OP was doing a straight-up player-by-player talent comparison like you did; I think the OP is saying that Boston's defensive abilities could put it in a position to do well against ATL.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
In the bag. Need to start prepping for 2nd round, imo  ;)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I'm not sure the OP was doing a straight-up player-by-player talent comparison like you did; I think the OP is saying that Boston's defensive abilities could put it in a position to do well against ATL.
We haven't played them particularly well in our matchups though.

Plus our offense doesn't match up well against their D either.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
They usually keep it close against Atlanta.

Last night Denver ran them over. Ya better hope ATL has one downer game at home!

Imagine we sweep the Hawks?  ;D ;D ;D Atlanta is usually a first-round fodder; they've never made it past the second round in the last 7 or 8 years.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 02:19:49 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Not sure if they'd be able to knock of Atlanta but what I will say is this is now a team that no one wants to face.  Any team that defends, hustles for 48 minutes and has an excellent coach is going to be a pain in the neck to play against.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Keeping it brief:

We match up REALLY well with ATL. I know they have a better record, but we play them tough, because we play the same style, and they do not have that 1 go to scorer that puts the fear into us.

But calling it now, IF we make the playoffs, and face ATL in the 1st round, calling the UPSET right now!

Teague vs Smart
Korver vs Bradley
Carroll vs Crowder/ET
Millsap vs Bass
Horford vs. Zeller

#bleedgreen
So Atlanta is vastly superior in pretty much every position. I guess that makes it an upset if it happens.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 02:24:28 PM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
Point is guys, we have a new team from even 1 month ago.

The way the team plays with effort, energy, passion for each other, AB's new offensive approach and IT doing work off the bench, it will be a tough out.

We are not going to win the title this year, BUT, i think we make headlines with what we do with ATL.

We just have the right type of team to make noise. Worst case we go 7 games, best case we win in 5 ;)

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 02:31:42 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
If the Celtics make the playoffs, we will have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  No expectations, only the opportunity to get very valuable playoff experience for all of our guys.

I ain't fraid of no Hawks!

;)

Rak

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Point is guys, we have a new team from even 1 month ago.
You mean we have Isiah Thomas and a bunch of guys playing for their new contracts? Yes, sounds about right...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 02:35:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Keeping it brief:

Teague vs Smart
Korver vs Bradley
Carroll vs Crowder/ET
Millsap vs Bass
Horford vs. Zeller

#bleedgreen
So Atlanta is vastly superior in pretty much every position. I guess that makes it an upset if it happens.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Not sure if they'd be able to knock of Atlanta but what I will say is this is now a team that no one wants to face.  Any team that defends, hustles for 48 minutes and has an excellent coach is going to be a pain in the neck to play against.

I believe this is more realistic. I don't think the Celtics are going to win the series against anyone. They may very well be swept in 4. Ultimately, talent wins out when there's such a wide gulf in it. Atlanta is more talented in every single starting position.

But you're right in that no one will want to face the Celtics. They play with passion, disrupt offenses with their high-energy defense, have no one monopolizing the ball but yet still have that "go to" 4th quarter scorer. The opposing team is going to know they're in for a fight and to win that team is going to have to play well and play hard. There won't be any gimmies by the Celtics.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Thomas has a 33% usage rate with the C's. That's just below Kobe-level ball hoggery.  The only reason he's not monopolizing the ball is because he only plays 28 minutes per game.

And I love Thomas.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
But you're right in that no one will want to face the Celtics. They play with passion, disrupt offenses with their high-energy defense, have no one monopolizing the ball but yet still have that "go to" 4th quarter scorer. The opposing team is going to know they're in for a fight and to win that team is going to have to play well and play hard. There won't be any gimmies by the Celtics.

The flip side of this is that while we have shown some great effort, the core of the team has little to no playoff experience and has been playing together as a unit for just a few weeks, and the alternative for top teams is probably playing the Pacers, who made the ECF last year and may have George back, or Milwaukee, who are also inexperienced but are ridiculously long and play very good defense.  So I'm guessing most teams would much rather play us.