Author Topic: KG vs DeAndre Jordan  (Read 6395 times)

Re: KG vs DeAndre Jordan
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I believe IF DA had put DOC  "IN THE TV" booth and stuck to his gun ,  if the CLips didn't cave for giving Bledsoe , then  KG would have retired most likely.    Doc was going to be gone and most likey Pierce gets bought out kills KG's enthusiasm.   So KG wouldn't have come back and played in my mind.   So Danny was looking for something for KG instead .

Thanks Doc.

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
if kg is so bad and DAJ is so good...then...why are the clippers drooling...

Mainly because thats the pieces CP3 wanted so he could stay in LA and everybody outthere new this..  DOC and KG.  So the fan are happy about the security of keeping CP3 more than anything.  But Doc and old KG doesn't win them a title alone... KG can't play 35 minutes a night in the Western con against all those young bigs....he be dead in a month.

They still need DH ........to really be holding all the cards

It will not be so easy to take him from the kids down the Hall . 

I bet Stern will have to decide the outscome of DH to LAC ..it  will extremely ugly before its all said and done ,   we were giving up a 37 year old star with bone spurs and a resentful Coach .  LA spend like 3 years drooling over DH and courting him.  Not gonna give him up so easy.  I look for Jackson to return to save the day....the only way Howard would stay above running across the hall to play with CP3 on LAC

DH is "THE" big prize

I'm pulling for Houston to do a sign in trade. and screw up CP3's master plan.

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 12:09:16 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85

Mainly because thats the pieces CP3 wanted to stay  DOC and KG.  So the fan are happy about the security of keeping CP3 more than anything.  But Doc and old KG doesn't win them a title alone... KG can't play 35 minutes a night in the Western con against all those young bigs....he be dead in a month.

They still need DH ........

I bet Stern will have to decide the outscome of DH to LAC ..he will extremely ugly ,   we were giving up a 37 year old star with bone spurs and a resentful Coach .

DH is "THE" big prize

so that tells you right there that CP3 thinks KG is better than DAJ...what else is there to say...

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 12:11:28 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
CP3 thinks he has a better chance to win a championship with KG than DAJ...what does that tell you...it's so obvious...

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 12:14:24 PM »

Offline kingtutts

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
We are about to trade two of the 50 greatest players of all time for DeAndre Jordan and two late first round draft picks.  Chew on that for a second.

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Result of organizational lobotomy.

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I still can't get over those in season trade rumors of Bledsoe and Jordan for KG

Didn't like that then and now irs missig the only attractive part

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
that's a big hypothetical...jordan is overpaid, one-dimensional, has already reached his upside, his offensive game consists solely of dunks, can't shoot free-throws...think mark blount

Mark Blount, the guy who shot 72.3% lifetime on free throws?
And hit foul line jumpers with regularity.

I don't think this got enough attention. The OP just really wanted to use Mark Blount's name to show how horrible Jordan is. Honestly, I can't think of two different centers in pretty much the history of the game. By all accounts, Jordan is a nice guy, works hard, and has an incredible amount of energy.

Blount before he signed the contract was quite decent. Afterwards, as we all know, he was a disaster. Maybe you are comparing their contracts [?], but even then, two years isn't really anything. Jordan will bring everything he has - whether that's worth it for us is another story.

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 12:19:37 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
We are about to trade two of the 50 greatest players of all time for DeAndre Jordan and two late first round draft picks.  Chew on that for a second.

thank you...couldn't have said it better...

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 12:20:50 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

Result of organizational lobotomy.

all-time classic

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 12:21:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Mainly because thats the pieces CP3 wanted to stay  DOC and KG.  So the fan are happy about the security of keeping CP3 more than anything.  But Doc and old KG doesn't win them a title alone... KG can't play 35 minutes a night in the Western con against all those young bigs....he be dead in a month.

I bet Stern will have to decide the outscome of DH to LAC ..he will extremely ugly ,   we were giving up a 37 year old star with bone spurs and a resentful Coach .

DH is "THE" big prize

so that tells you right there that CP3 thinks KG is better than DAJ...what else is there to say...

no argument from me ...I'm with ya bro....   Like to have seen DA put DOC in the TV BOOTH and , nix the CP3  master plan.   

I 'm now beliving it was purely a FAVOR to DOC and KG letting this deal go though.....thats the only thing that makes sense.   They asked Danny for ONE LAST favor ,  and Danny and Owners probally didn't want to refuse KG .   I would have put ungrateful DOC in the TV booth for THREE FULL YEARS .....

So DANNY A.  and Wyc or one of them has a heart and let the scoundrel Rivers of the hook ........

no back bone.

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
DR J is still dunking...i'll take KG at any age...

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
that's a big hypothetical...jordan is overpaid, one-dimensional, has already reached his upside, his offensive game consists solely of dunks, can't shoot free-throws...think mark blount

Mark Blount, the guy who shot 72.3% lifetime on free throws?
And hit foul line jumpers with regularity.

I don't think this got enough attention. The OP just really wanted to use Mark Blount's name to show how horrible Jordan is. Honestly, I can't think of two different centers in pretty much the history of the game. By all accounts, Jordan is a nice guy, works hard, and has an incredible amount of energy.

Blount before he signed the contract was quite decent. Afterwards, as we all know, he was a disaster. Maybe you are comparing their contracts [?], but even then, two years isn't really anything. Jordan will bring everything he has - whether that's worth it for us is another story.

I guess I didn't ever hear much about DJ's temperament, or his work ethic. If he is a hard worker, and not a head case I think that at least makes things a bit better.

One thing I haven't heard discussed before is what DJ thinks of getting traded to the C's.  Maybe he will be miffed at having to leave LA, or maybe he is excited to get a fresh start.  I have heard rumblings that CP3 wasn't the easiest team mate to get along with and that both Blake and DJ were sick of him.

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25

DH is "THE" big prize

Hahaha. Literally laughing at your post. KG IS better than Jordan. Jordan, however, will be in the league for years to come.

Deeerrrrrrppppppppp  ::)

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
KG vs DeAndre Jordan  ? KG is better for sure.