Author Topic: Jeff Green- if we lose people talk, we just have to win to shut everybody up  (Read 6410 times)

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Jeff Green isn't dumb. He knows if the C's don't win a championship this season, all fingers will be pointing at the trade.

So he has something to prove. It doesn't hurt he has a new contract coming, either (ask TA).

And we need Jeff to be that X-factor. We need a scoring punch off the bench. That's what we lacked that last season. Hopefully this year we have Delonte/Wafer/Green/Baby/JO(Shaq starting), which has a lot of scoring punch and should be very good defensively as well.

With the inconsistency of the starters (specifically Rondo, Ray and *insert starting C here*) combined with other great starting units in the playoffs, the C's bench will need to be better than the opposition's. If they can extend leads and close gaps, this team will be extremely tough to beat.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
I like the mentality, but I haven't seen it translated into his game

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Pierce had been great all season up until February and he started to struggle.

We picked up Green and Paul was able to play a couple more minutes less per game. Pierce finished the last couple months playing much better than he had in all of February.

It's too bad, at the same time, Ray and Rondo's game were not shinning either...which were probably the biggest reasons why we lost a lot of winnable games in March and April.

Big men or not...Perk or no Perk....had Ray and Rondo played their normal games, we would have won a lot of games we gave away in March and April...we'd probably have 63 wins (maybe more) and the #1 seed throughout the playoffs.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
doesn't history point out that Jeff Green has no killer's mentality? i sure do hope he matches his game with his words, but i'm not counting on it.
- LilRip

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
doesn't history point out that Jeff Green has no killer's mentality? i sure do hope he matches his game with his words, but i'm not counting on it.

What history are you talking about?  ???

He's only been to the Playoffs once... as an 8th seed.

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Thanks to Wikipedia:

Jeff Green won the 2005 Big East Rookie of the Year award along with Rudy Gay of the University of Connecticut. In addition, Green was named to the All-Big East Second Team in 2006 along with teammate Roy Hibbert.[1] In 2007, Green and teammate Roy Hibbert were unanimous selections to the All-Big East First Team. After his 30-point performance in the 2007 Big East Tournament semi-final against Notre Dame and his 21-point performance in the championship against the Pittsburgh, Green was also named Most Outstanding Player of the 2007 Big East Tournament as the Hoyas went on to claim their first Big East title since 1989. In addition, Green was named the 2007 Big East Player of the Year. Jeff Green led the Hoyas on an impressive, relentless run to the Final Four in the 2007 NCAA Tournament, beating Belmont and Boston College in the first two rounds. Green would be remembered for beating Vanderbilt off a game-winning shot in the game's closing seconds as well as fearlessly leading the Hoyas to victory against #1 seed UNC, in a stunning second-half comeback victory and bringing the Hoyas back to their first Final Four since Patrick Ewing led them to the 1985 National Championship game. The Hoyas eventually lost to Greg Oden and the Ohio State Buckeyes, bringing the Hoyas' remarkable title run to a close, as well as Jeff Green's collegiate playing career, as he would forgo his senior year and enter the NBA Draft.

Actually no, history doesn't.

His career 13.9 PPG average (all of which he was either a rookie, third option, bench player, playing out of position or all of the above) also disagrees.
CELTICS 2024

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

Cool new feature on nba.com...shows that his TS% and overall on court ratings bump up during crunch time. His attempts, however, went down but i think that is mostly due to playing with other guys that take late shots and dominate the USG in OKC and here. When he does get the ball, he does well with it. Some might remember those super clutch 3's he hit in Boston in a game last year.
http://www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#Jeff-Green|201145

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Green is the perfect guy to play with Rondo and to Rondo's strength once the Big 3 era is over.

Funny thing is, I always though Tony Allen fit the same way with Rondo in an uptempo offense.

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Nice to see Jeff Green taking the challenge. Now let's see if he can put his words into play. I still feel that the C's will be a different, more focused team during the playoffs. Hopefully it translates to 16 more wins...