Author Topic: Jarrett Allen  (Read 4779 times)

Jarrett Allen
« on: January 14, 2021, 09:43:41 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Hard to believe Danny couldn’t offer something better than a pick in the 25-30 range. Cleveland basically stole him for taking back Tauren Princes contract and the 1st.

Jarrett Allen is exactly what this team needed and he’s only 22.

Really discouraging. Drummond could be had for nothing now, if only he wasn’t just outside of the TPE.

Re: Jarrett Allen
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 09:48:27 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I wouldn't have minded the Celtics getting him but maybe they didn't want to have to pay his next contract.   (it is coming up soon right)

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 09:50:22 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We have Theis, Thompson and Williams at center.  Danny probably decided that he’d rather use our draft capital and TPE on more of a position of need.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 09:56:01 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
We have Theis, Thompson and Williams at center.  Danny probably decided that he’d rather use our draft capital and TPE on more of a position of need.
Rather have Allen then any of those 3
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 09:56:46 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
We have more pressing needs than yet another center.

I'd much prefer Danny go after a wing and a scorer off of the bench.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 10:00:42 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

I agree. Even prince would have been a nice addition off the bench. As far as the contract goes for Allen, yes he is due to get paid but he’s not getting max and for his potential, 15-20 million a year would be a great value in the current nba marketplace

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 10:07:11 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
We have more pressing needs than yet another center.

I'd much prefer Danny go after a wing and a scorer off of the bench.

Exactly.  Allen would have been a marginal upgrade at best, and arguably not an upgrade at all.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 10:09:36 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
It's possible the Nets didn't want to include Boston in the deal and help them improve. Let's face it, Boston is one of the Nets main competitors to get out of the East. I don't think the Nets are concerned about Indiana and Cleveland.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 10:09:51 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I agree. Even prince would have been a nice addition off the bench. As far as the contract goes for Allen, yes he is due to get paid but he’s not getting max and for his potential, 15-20 million a year would be a great value in the current nba marketplace

What’s his potential do you think?  He’s basically been an 11 / 11 guy the past three seasons.  On a possession by possession basis, he’s essentially matched by both Timelord and Thompson.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 10:11:25 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Maybe the Nets didn't want to help the Celtics and would rather send a good player to the CAVS versus their rival.  Sometimes people knock danny for not doing something when maybe it wasn't even an option.  If I were Danny and I were making a deal I'd rather send a player to the Cavs versus my competitor if that was an option.  Plus the NETS have to watch the J's for the next 10 years and know that their franchise was directly responsible for that gift.  I'm sure the Fans would not be happy if their team traded Allen to the C's and the C's beat them and won a title. 

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 11:01:09 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
1. Why would the Nets help the Cs (again)?

2. Cs have 3 good big men on the roster already whom they are struggling to give adequate plying time to now.

3. Allen is due for a ginormous pay raise which the Cs will not want.

4. Cleveland was after Allen on the offseason and will likely pay to extend him making McGee/Drummond expendable.

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 11:03:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
1. Why would the Nets help the Cs (again)?

2. Cs have 3 good big men on the roster already whom they are struggling to give adequate plying time to now.

3. Allen is due for a ginormous pay raise which the Cs will not want.

4. Cleveland was after Allen on the offseason and will likely pay to extend him making McGee/Drummond expendable.

exactly

Nets are probably not going to deal with the Celts for a long time. Or unless they can do the fleecing

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 11:18:35 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I really like Allen, but he would only be a minor upgrade, is on the last year of his deal, would've cost us some other asset, and with his new deal, he'd put us way over the luxury tax threshold next year. Is that the type of guy you're going into the luxury tax over?

I doubt the Nets care at all about a trade that happened 8 years ago. But we're one of a few teams standing between them and the finals, they aren't making a deal that would strengthen us.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 11:23:03 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

dont forget Tacko!!!
:)

but he did look fine in his last game

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 11:30:07 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
If we didn’t just sign TT, I’d want us to try get Allen. But as it stands, I’d rather the team fill a wing position instead.

- LilRip