8 (14.3%)
100-150K
4 (7.1%)
150-200K
2 (3.6%)
More than 200K
7 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: How much money do you make a year?  (Read 15748 times)

How much money do you make a year?
« on: April 01, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I thought this could be an interesting thread
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: How much money do you make a year?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:24:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This is always one of those questions I never answer, and never ask. It's almost more taboo than bedroom questions or politics.

EDIT: Not to say others should or shouldn't answer it or indulge the thread's premise, just my thoughts.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
This is always one of those questions I never answer, and never ask. It's almost more taboo than bedroom questions or politics.

Don't be shy about your billionaire status IP
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 11:39:45 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
The internet is a scary place.

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 11:44:04 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

EDIT: Not to say others should or shouldn't answer it or indulge the thread's premise, just my thoughts.

C'mon...put us all to shame.  To be honest, if I have to guess I'd say you probably make the most money around here. 

This is one thing I have never been able to figure out...why this is so taboo?  What is the big deal about stating how much one makes when asked?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 01:12:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

C'mon...put us all to shame.  To be honest, if I have to guess I'd say you probably make the most money around here. 

This is one thing I have never been able to figure out...why this is so taboo?  What is the big deal about stating how much one makes when asked?
I don't see the big deal about a poll.

Stating isn't the big deal. Asking is. The issue isn't that person X makes Y. The issue is getting a bunch of people in a room and then comparing them to one another based on income. That is awkward and a bit douchy.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 01:28:08 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
In absolutes, I think I earn more than most of you, but only because I earn in a different currency. If I convert it to USD, then I'm sure I earn less than pretty much all of you.  :P
- LilRip

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Edgar is the mogul on the CelticsBlog staff. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Not enough!!!  :(
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
You answer first
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not enough!!!  :(

Stole my answer!

I also dislike how the first option has (student) next to it. I haven't been a student for 5 years and have been teaching since then and still fall into that category. Seeing student there deflates my self esteem more-so than it already is.

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 09:01:29 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I think its important to be able to ask it professionally to make sure you're not getting hosed by your employer compared to others in your pay grade.

On the internet however, yeah I'm with you.

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 09:06:54 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
As a firm believer in Worthington's Law, I don't want to know who here is too good for my criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8wLg5Asgo

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
As a firm believer in Worthington's Law, I don't want to know who here is too good for my criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8wLg5Asgo

Beat me to it.

We're all making enough money to have access to CelticsBlog. That's the important takeaway
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think its important to be able to ask it professionally to make sure you're not getting hosed by your employer compared to others in your pay grade.

I've been lucky to have never been put in this position.  For the vast majority of my career, I've either worked for the government (where salaries are public record) or worked for myself. 

I think I'd have a tough time asking a co-worker how much they earned, even if I was suspicious.  I think I'd be more inclined to go to my boss or HR and ask for a justifiable raise if I felt underpaid.  It's just too uncomfortable / awkward a situation for both the asker and the askee if you're inquiring of your peers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes