Author Topic: An Apology  (Read 5451 times)

An Apology
« on: December 17, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
I would like to appologize for my posts regarding Jeff Green this morning. In particular any reference to Reggie Lewis. It was an infuriating thing to wake up to this news.
I have been a long time fan and supporter of Jeff Green here on this site and in general. I was looking forward to seeing him blossom this year and with that help us compeat for a title.

My frustration at knowing this will not happen and the damage it will do to the Celtics got the best of me and I acted, and posted inapropriately.

I am sorry for any hurt feelings I caused.

Let us hope for Mr. Greens' speedy recovery and for a fine showing by the Celtics this year.

Sincerly,

ctrey.

Re: An Apology
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm sure the apology is appreciated by many; it certainly is by the staff.

This is a frustrating time for many.  Obviously, it's going to be hard to keep emotions in check for some folks.  It's important that everyone try to be respectful, though.  It's hard, balancing between the frustration of losing an important player, and the compassion of wishing Green the best. 

I think your apology is well said.  While there have already been some low points this off-season, let's all hope for an entertaining and successful season as we root on the team we love.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Whatever, man, even if Jeff was healthy, he wouldn't of gotten off the bench. Quis would. Doesn't matter that Jeff is talented, there's no way he is playing better than Quis right now, the guy exploded. Our bench is good. Better than most (all of us except Doc?) thought it would be.

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
apology well appreciated, TP for a great gesture.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Thanks, ctrey. It takes a man (or woman, not sure of your gender), to admit a mistake.

When I saw this news about JG, it was surprising, but after what most Celtics fans have seen over the years (Larry, Chief and McHale getting older...Bias, Lewis passing...DJ, Red passing...Pierce getting stabbed)...I think we can survive this one.

Jeff Green is still here. He'll get through his surgery and be ready for next season.

My attempt to place things in perspective here was solidified after I read this piece about our bitter rivals (LA):

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/24552/countdown-to-christman-worst-case-scenario

Any Celtics Fans think WE got it bad? LA may be in for a long season - potentially one that they haven't experienced in a LONG time.

I can survive Jeff Green being unavailable. But LA? They have a LOT of things to deal with, too.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
TP, for man-ning up.   

Though I am sure that Reggie was in our thoughts with this being heart related, I think it is a perfectly normal human reaction to draw comparisons to situations we reference within our experiences.   

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 04:00:47 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
apology well appreciated, TP for a great gesture.

+1.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 04:19:10 AM »

Kiorrik

Yeh, 'TP' indeed.

There's not a single soul on the planet that should be happy with what happened to Jeff Green, and I guess you recognize that now.

Cheers, ctrey, well said.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 05:46:02 AM »

Offline Dante

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Its my turn yo apologize for my ignorance. Who is Quis?

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 05:56:49 AM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
Its my turn yo apologize for my ignorance. Who is Quis?

Marquis Daniels  ;D
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?