Author Topic: Notice the difference?  (Read 3088 times)

Re: Notice the difference?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Another point, you guys made and was part of a YouTube breakdown I watched the other day.

The Raptors are "coming out to the perimeter" early and often. I will offer an extreme example from last night's game...

Medium speed Celtics bringing the ball up. Tatum has possession and ten feet before the 3 point line passes to Walker on the right sideline 7 feet from the 3pt line. Freddie and Lowry trap Walker who was expecting it and bounce pass to Tatum who charges past Siakam-Brown to the rim for the layup.

My point is the action between Tatum and Walker was literally three steps shy of midcourt and this was not the only time and BTW it worked for the Raps a couple of times, but, the Raptors have moved multiple defenders "way" out to mess with Walker/Tatum and it clears out the lane for a "drive" to the rim.

Now Walker, when he isn't feeling it, defers and three or four times times last night he drove hard into the lane gathered the crowd of defenders and kicked out. Smart drove a few times also Tatum and as Brown is our principal driver? He got his share.

We all know the Celtics have three top shooters that the defenders must commit to. Last night the big three was 23/48 from the field with 66 pts.

How do ya like them apples?