Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 219722 times)

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
“Miami now has four playoff games in the past two seasons with 50% shooting from three...against Boston. No other team has more than one...against anyone”

It’s not an outlier, it’s a trend. Kill it.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Stephen A Smith just said if Ime Udoka was coach last season, Celtics would went to finals

That sounds right to me.

No, he said they would’ve WON the finals and there’s really no evidence to support that.  It took Ime 7 games to get past an inferior Heat team and then lost 3 straight to an inferior Warriors team.  Nothing from that run would lead me to believe we would’ve beaten the Nuggets with him or anyone else as the coach.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Stephen A Smith just said if Ime Udoka was coach last season, Celtics would went to finals

That sounds right to me.

No, he said they would’ve WON the finals and there’s really no evidence to support that.  It took Ime 7 games to get past an inferior Heat team and then lost 3 straight to an inferior Warriors team.  Nothing from that run would lead me to believe we would’ve beaten the Nuggets with him or anyone else as the coach.

The inferior Heat team that was the #1 seed? Or the inferior Warriors team that had a better record than us and a healthy Curry, Thompson and Green?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 596

That sounds right to me.

The inferior Heat team that was the #1 seed? Or the inferior Warriors team that had a better record than us and a healthy Curry, Thompson and Green?

People forget the age of the Jay's that year too.
The difference between 22 and these last 2 years is when they lost we could easily see it was due to the players being stupid with the ball and arrogant. Under Joe we can point out to multiple coaching mistakes.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 738
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvwVc1JArjM

Joe Mazula offense in microscope

That rant is EXACTLY how I also feel watching this team.
The two superstars are dumb enough as it is. Add in a literally brain-dead coach and you have a huge cluster.
It's incomprehensible to me that players and coaches at this level are playing such bad basketball and seem oblivious to that fact.
If Brad is watching this and is not alarmed, then something is very wrong with our franchise.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

The two superstars are dumb enough as it is. Add in a literally brain-dead coach and you have a huge cluster.
It's incomprehensible to me that players and coaches at this level are playing such bad basketball and seem oblivious to that fact.
If Brad is watching this and is not alarmed, then something is very wrong with our franchise.

Have to remember, this was college-ball Brad that Danny Ainge brought in back in the day. No prior NBA experience. A proponent of 3-ball and small-ball philosophy. It's unfortunate that his beliefs have influenced Joe.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

That sounds right to me.

The seedings meant nothing.  The Celtics were a much better team than their record.  They started out slow being .500 through about half the season.  It was clear that their struggles against both the Heat and Warriors were due to scheme and execution.  Also, Klay was far from healthy in that series and Draymond was trash for most of it.  It’s not a coincidence that the Warriors haven’t sniffed any success since 2022.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745

The Celtics had the best offense in the NBA this year. Game 2 was terrible but can we please take a deep breath and have a memory that lasts longer than 2 days?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

The Celtics had the best offense in the NBA this year. Game 2 was terrible but can we please take a deep breath and have a memory that lasts longer than 2 days?

No because we've seen the same garbage year in and year out with this team esp in the postseason. "Best offense in NBA? Highly ranked defense in the NBA? Best team in NBA? Home court advantage? Ok let's just give this game away because we want to play 7 games with this clearly inferior and depleted Heat team!"

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

A long memory is the problem.  We all watched last year and are having flashbacks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I wish this team hired Nick Nurse a champion and real coach with experience. Somebody that is known to have a little Spo in him on the defensive end where he mucks things up and keeps offenses guessing.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2420
I wish this team hired Nick Nurse a champion and real coach with experience. Somebody that is known to have a little Spo in him on the defensive end where he mucks things up and keeps offenses guessing.

Me too. We should have sacked Mazzula and hired Nurse last summer like Joe Dumars did with the Pistons when he sacked Rick Carlisle to get Larry Brown. Brown led them to a title and close to a 2nd one in his two years there. Dumars had a chance to get a better coach so he took it. He liked Carlisle, he just liked Larry Brown more.

Same situation with Mazzula and Nurse. It was an opportunity to upgrade. It should have been taken.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2538

Me too. We should have sacked Mazzula and hired Nurse last summer like Joe Dumars did with the Pistons when he sacked Rick Carlisle to get Larry Brown. Brown led them to a title and close to a 2nd one in his two years there. Dumars had a chance to get a better coach so he took it. He liked Carlisle, he just liked Larry Brown more.

Same situation with Mazzula and Nurse. It was an opportunity to upgrade. It should have been taken.

All sorts of evidence suggests you and others are right about Joe.

However, thinking on it makes me ill - so I’d rather be hopeful that he/they prove themselves in the upcoming games/series, and if they don’t, then hopefully Brad makes a belated move.  But for now I’ll stay hopeful.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
I'm not so sure Nurse isn't more like Doc Rivers than someone like Spo.  I haven't been overly impressed by Nurse this year and he got progressively worse in Toronto
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574
I'm not so sure Nurse isn't more like Doc Rivers than someone like Spo.  I haven't been overly impressed by Nurse this year and he got progressively worse in Toronto

nurse would kill it here in boston with this talent
LET'S GO CELTICS!