Author Topic: SI: Cavs talk to Wizards about Jamison  (Read 9353 times)

Re: SI: Cavs talk to Wizards about Jamison
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Just a quick update.....did some reading on the Cavs.  Apparently a lot of teams are asking for Delonte which is effectively ending the phone call.  It's amazing how far he has come

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Just a quick update.....did some reading on the Cavs.  Apparently a lot of teams are asking for Delonte which is effectively ending the phone call.  It's amazing how far he has come

I'll have to take your word for it, as I haven't seen much of Delonte the past couple years.  But stats-wise, he doesn't seem to be doing anything he didn't do in Boston.  So what's the difference?  Can he dribble with his right now?

I like Delonte, and he'd be a good addition to any team, but if you're saying that GM's mentioning his name is "effectively ending the phone call", I would have to assume either these GM's aren't offering a whole lot, or Danny Ferry isn't doing his job.

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

I'll have to take your word for it, as I haven't seen much of Delonte the past couple years.  But stats-wise, he doesn't seem to be doing anything he didn't do in Boston.  So what's the difference?  Can he dribble with his right now?

I like Delonte, and he'd be a good addition to any team, but if you're saying that GM's mentioning his name is "effectively ending the phone call", I would have to assume either these GM's aren't offering a whole lot, or Danny Ferry isn't doing his job.

Agreed.  Delonte even has it easier now that he doesn't have to handle the ball so all he has to do now is try to defend the best he can and knock down the open shot.  Looks like the same player to me, that's not a bad thing though.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 05:33:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Agreed.  Delonte even has it easier now that he doesn't have to handle the ball so all he has to do now is try to defend the best he can and knock down the open shot.  Looks like the same player to me, that's not a bad thing though.

Good point.  His three point percentage is over 40% for this season on a more catch and shoot style.  When you have LeBron, who is impossible to stop from slicing to the rim, you only really need a who can handle the ball and a good open jump shooter.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford