Author Topic: Who wants to see a Celtics Vs. Rockets Finals?  (Read 3288 times)

Who wants to see a Celtics Vs. Rockets Finals?
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:57:23 AM »

Offline 2008CELTICS17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
This would be a ideal finals this year. Two big 3's going at it.The Celtics would win. K.G down low against Yao,and Ray Allen up against T-MAC,and the bigger battle The truth vs. Ron Artest. 3 years in a row this decade the C's played Ron's old team the Pacers with great battles.

Re: Who wants to see a Celtics Vs. Rockets Finals?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:17:14 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'd love it because it would put us back in the Finals, and I don't think Houston can beat us in a 7 game series.  Green 18.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:18:39 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'd like to see us against the Hornets.
That way we'll be able to see how much
James Posey really meant to this team.
Of course, the Celtics will win  ::)

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 04:17:39 AM »

Offline MaxwellSmart

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
We've had success against Houston in the Finals twice ('81 & '86)....so,Bring em on.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 05:52:18 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'd love it. If only for T-Mac to finally play in a relevant game in his career. Plus, I think we'd win this series barring injuries fairly comfortably.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
We've had success against Houston in the Finals twice ('81 & '86)....so,Bring em on.

hmmmm...but we'd have to lose to the Lakers twice in the Finals too now to make the 80's Finals record matchup. 

I guess I could live with 5 trips to the finals, but the agony of losing twice to the Lakers would be rough to live through again.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think you could be right about the Celtics making it but I doubt seriously the Celtics would ever meet Houston in the Finals. That team lacks character and heart and leadership. It always has since they made Tracey McGrady their centerpiece to work around.

So who do they bring in as their big off season pick up? I guy who might have the least amount of character of any player in the league. Artest will not be a great hel to this team come playoff time. They are doomed by their make up and for all of the talent there, there is very little heart and leadership.

Houston goes down in the first round, maybe the second if they get lucky but certainly no further.

C's vs Hornets 2009 NBA Finals.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 10:21:12 AM »

Offline GregKite

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
Every year people get all excited about the Rockets and every year they are marginal. At this point I think it's fair to just assume that TMac is good for about 60 games and Yao for about 50.

Neither one of them is capable of policing the locker room so Artest is probably going to have things pretty well screwed up by the All Star break.

If you are going to take on a nutcase, you better have a locker room cop. Luckily we have Garnett so we can afford to gamble.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Do we really care who the Celtics beat to win the championship in 2009? :)

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 11:24:13 AM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'd love it. If only for T-Mac to finally play in a relevant game in his career. Plus, I think we'd win this series barring injuries fairly comfortably.

As lovable as T-Mac might be for some people, he has never earned or deserved the right to play in the Finals. I don't feel sorry for him personally. Maybe I should.

I don't want to see Houston in the Finals at all. What a snoozer that would be. I'd be just as excited to see the Grizzlies in the Finals. In other words, I'd be REALLY excited. [REMOVE TONGUE FROM CHEEK]