Author Topic: Was Kyrie Irving Suspended last night?  (Read 4554 times)

Re: Was Kyrie Irving Suspended last night?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 08:52:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kyrie states two nights before that you need to play the full 48

then next game is hurt?

Are you really that thick? He clearly meant the team as a whole needs to play hard for the full 48 minutes. Its obviously not players should play 48 minutes. Its either you are that dumb or intentionally trolling.
I think he's just trying to come up with more nonsense reasons why Kyrie is the bad guy.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 09:25:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nope -- but I would be happy if he was because of his disparaging comments towards his teammates (and not for the first time either).

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Nope -- but I would be happy if he was because of his disparaging comments towards his teammates (and not for the first time either).

You had fun watching last game's 3rd quarter so this kind of comment is to be expected.

His comments weren't bad. He didn't single out anybody. Heck he even included himself in his criticisms. This isn't like what Wade and Butler did. It also looks like the team liked his pep talk after the game, but I guess haters like you will ignore that.

Also it looks like Paul Pierce agree with Kyrie.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 09:42:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 10:06:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I agree
Colour me surprised

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I agree
Colour me surprised

"Disparaging comments" LOL

No wonder this league is charmin soft these days.

Do we think Jaylen had to go call his mommy after big bad Kyrie hurt his feelings?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:15:24 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 10:15:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

then next game is hurt?

Are you really that thick? He clearly meant the team as a whole needs to play hard for the full 48 minutes. Its obviously not players should play 48 minutes. Its either you are that dumb or intentionally trolling.
I think he's just trying to come up with more nonsense reasons why Kyrie is the bad guy.

The Kyrie hate campaign is truly puzzling to me.  It's like Celtic fandom's version of Russian trolls creating dissension.  The idea that he's somehow a net negative is so bizarre to me - and I realize some of my friends here subscribe to that concept... but I really don't get it.  Who is the top Kyrie hater here?  I might need to do a podcast with someone about this.

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 10:42:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

then next game is hurt?

The Kyrie hate campaign is truly puzzling to me.  It's like Celtic fandom's version of Russian trolls creating dissension.  The idea that he's somehow a net negative is so bizarre to me - and I realize some of my friends here subscribe to that concept... but I really don't get it.  Who is the top Kyrie hater here?  I might need to do a podcast with someone about this.
tarheels
tenn_smoothie

They might be the first guys you want to contact.

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 10:53:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

then next game is hurt?

tarheels
tenn_smoothie

Ha, I was going to suggest the very same posters. A 3 person podcast would be interesting

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 10:59:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

then next game is hurt?

tarheels
tenn_smoothie

Ha, I was going to suggest the very same posters. A 3 person podcast would be interesting
I'm definitely gonna have tarheels on at some point.  I PM that dude all the time.  I wanna understand his Kyrie hate.

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 11:17:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

then next game is hurt?

tarheels
tenn_smoothie

I'm definitely gonna have tarheels on at some point.  I PM that dude all the time.  I wanna understand his Kyrie hate.
Really? I always figured it went no farther than "Kyrie is a scumbag, egotistical Dukie!".

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 11:48:43 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

then next game is hurt?

tarheels
tenn_smoothie

Really? I always figured it went no farther than "Kyrie is a scumbag, egotistical Dukie!".
So then how does he feel about Tatum? 

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2019, 02:38:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

then next game is hurt?

tarheels
tenn_smoothie

So then how does he feel about Tatum?
Yeah, especially considering that JT donned the Duke jersey over 3x more than Kyrie did it can’t simply be due to the college team Kyrie played for. Gotta be deeper than that

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 06:54:08 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

You had fun watching last game's 3rd quarter so this kind of comment is to be expected.

His comments weren't bad. He didn't single out anybody. Heck he even included himself in his criticisms. This isn't like what Wade and Butler did. It also looks like the team liked his pep talk after the game, but I guess haters like you will ignore that.

Also it looks like Paul Pierce agree with Kyrie.
"Disparaging comments" LOL

No wonder this league is charmin soft these days.

Do we think Jaylen had to go call his mommy after big bad Kyrie hurt his feelings?

I disagree. I think Kyrie's comments are causing divisions within the team with his blame the "young guys" shtick. I do think his comments are singling out players. It is clear who he is talking about (Rozier, Jaylen, Tatum). Three players. He is a creating an us (Kyrie, Morris, Horford, Smart) vs them (Rozier, Jaylen, Tatum) situation and that is not healthy for the team.

I do think at the very least Ainge or Stevens should have talked to Kyrie about how his comments are troubling for the team. And I would have no problem if they went a step further and suspended him. That would be justified.

Kyrie said he would stop doing it. Hopefully he will.

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:29 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And I would have no problem if they went a step further and suspended him. That would be justified.

For trying to lead?  It’s not Kyrie’s strong suit, but is he wrong that there are agendas on the team?  That there’s coasting, from guys who haven’t earned the right to coast?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes