Author Topic: The Rozier hate is misguided  (Read 9623 times)

Re: The Rozier hate is misguided
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
And that's the thing too...I HATE WATCHING THIS TEAM WITH KYRIE ON IT.

It was much more fun watching them...bottom line.

I've been posting about this team from only watching highlights because I can't stand to watch Kyrie taking circus shots with 2 and 3 guys on him while everyone stands around disinterested with no motivation to play D...

And people wonder what the hell is wrong with this team.

This guy is only giving us 22 points a game and a few ghost rebounds for all the trouble

Talk about a classic abusive relationship.

Please stay baby...uugh

I know you have an agenda against kyrie at all odds...but...you do realize that all superstar players do that a few times a game right? I mram draw defense om drives?

And you do realize that in that instance the smartest play is to go up strong and try ti draw a foul once the defense collapses?

And that everyone else standing around and not moving is no fault of kyries right?

I wanted Kyrie to work out, but in 2 years i've seen enough.  That's just what you're gonna get with that guy, and Lebron was actually the point in Cleveland, so Kyrie wasn't in control there.

And the fact they seemed to be worse than their actual parts probably points to Kyrie too.

Plus I played ball all my life, man.  I know what i'm watching.

Playing ball and understanding the game are 2 different things

Last year there was no issues at all. Kyrie played 60 games team was number 1. Best defense in the league.

Now this tear he played 67 games. But all kyries fault.

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2019, 07:07:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I've been posting about this team from only watching highlights because I can't stand to watch Kyrie taking circus shots with 2 and 3 guys on him while everyone stands around disinterested with no motivation to play D...

This guy is only giving us 22 points a game and a few ghost rebounds for all the trouble

Please stay baby...uugh

I know you have an agenda against kyrie at all odds...but...you do realize that all superstar players do that a few times a game right? I mram draw defense om drives?

And you do realize that in that instance the smartest play is to go up strong and try ti draw a foul once the defense collapses?

And that everyone else standing around and not moving is no fault of kyries right?

I wanted Kyrie to work out, but in 2 years i've seen enough.  That's just what you're gonna get with that guy, and Lebron was actually the point in Cleveland, so Kyrie wasn't in control there.

And the fact they seemed to be worse than their actual parts probably points to Kyrie too.

Last year there was no issues at all. Kyrie played 60 games team was number 1. Best defense in the league.

Its not all his fault but he wasnt willing to adapt and share.... again go listen to what Shaq stated multiple times as to how he could help propel the Celts

When you adapt and share you get GSW or Bucks or Raptors

When you dont, you get the Rockets

Which type of team is harder to predict and play against?

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2019, 08:33:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Actually there's another wrinkle to this that I just thought about.

Seeing how Danny is still full speed ahead for Kyrie...it's starting to look more and more like he's the one pushing the issue and backed Brad into a corner with a player that destroys his system, and he has no choice but to follow orders.  And see, it's like I said...Danny only see's talent...he doesn't see intangibles, chemistry and fit, and has never been able to do that.

This is the only year this team hasn't played like a Brad team.

I'm think i'm gonna back off blaming Brad for all this, because it's actually becoming quite clear.

You know Kyrie played for the team last season too, right? And we were the #1 seed for a big chunk before the he went down in March.
Yeah, but how gritty was that team?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2019, 09:27:07 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Seeing how Danny is still full speed ahead for Kyrie...it's starting to look more and more like he's the one pushing the issue and backed Brad into a corner with a player that destroys his system, and he has no choice but to follow orders.  And see, it's like I said...Danny only see's talent...he doesn't see intangibles, chemistry and fit, and has never been able to do that.

I'm think i'm gonna back off blaming Brad for all this, because it's actually becoming quite clear.

You know Kyrie played for the team last season too, right? And we were the #1 seed for a big chunk before the he went down in March.

Yeah, but I was watching Kyrie very closely because I always saw him as a point that was reluctant to pass.  That's why I brought up on another thread about the first time I ever saw him on that Olympics team...with Davis...and they struggled big time against European teams, with the best talent the nba had at the time.  I watched and came to the same conclusion...but I thought he would eventually become the right floor general because of his talent level.

So, last year I was watching this guy like a hawk, and I saw at the beginning of the saeson that he was trying hard to fit in with Brad's system.  But as the season went on and he became comfortable, and guys were probably respecting his talent...I noticed so many times that Jayson was playing at that level despite Kyrie...because he rarely passed to him, even when he was hot...and what was Jayson's 3 pt numbers half way through the season?  I thought then that a Tiger is not gonna change his stripes, and also I don't think the rest of the team gave up at that point...that's why it still worked to an extent.

But the most important thing I wrote got lost as usual.

How many times last year did we see Jayson bring the ball down court with that Jordan-Kobe gallop, probing the defense and finding a hole, then taking it strong to the rim?

How many times did we see that this year? I didn't see that one time, I don't know about yall.

But if you guys think a 22pt scoring point guard that doesn't wanna pass is worth throwing even that one superstar trait in the garbage bin simply because you like the guy, well...there's nothing else for me to say.

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Please stay baby...uugh

Its not all his fault but he wasnt willing to adapt and share.... again go listen to what Shaq stated multiple times as to how he could help propel the Celts

Irvings roll on this team is top scorer. So looking at him passing is not correct. Compare him to thise teams top scorers and irving passes more amd has more assists per game than

Curry
Durant
Giannis
Leonard.

So try again

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2019, 09:39:09 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Yeah, but I was watching Kyrie very closely because I always saw him as a point that was reluctant to pass.  That's why I brought up on another thread about the first time I ever saw him on that Olympics team...with Davis...and they struggled big time against European teams, with the best talent the nba had at the time.  I watched and came to the same conclusion...but I thought he would eventually become the right floor general because of his talent level.

So, last year I was watching this guy like a hawk, and I saw at the beginning of the saeson that he was trying hard to fit in with Brad's system.  But as the season went on and he became comfortable, and guys were probably respecting his talent...I noticed so many times that Jayson was playing at that level despite Kyrie...because he rarely passed to him, even when he was hot...and what was Jayson's 3 pt numbers half way through the season?  I thought then that a Tiger is not gonna change his stripes, and also I don't think the rest of the team gave up at that point...that's why it still worked to an extent.

How many times last year did we see Jayson bring the ball down court with that Jordan-Kobe gallop, probing the defense and finding a hole, then taking it strong to the rim?

How many times did we see that this year? I didn't see that one time, I don't know about yall.

But if you guys think a 22pt scoring point guard that doesn't wanna pass is worth throwing even that one superstar trait in the garbage bin simply because you like the guy, well...there's nothing else for me to say.

So tatum not grabbing the rebound and going coast to coast and to the rim is Kyries fault too?

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2019, 09:44:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCGD9dT12C0
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2019, 09:59:59 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
I was expecting highlights of his passes or something.

I don't know bout you, man  :)

I already know and stated he can pass at an elite level...but the keyword being "can"...which turns into "won't"...especially on a championship run and loses embarrassingly on the national stage.

For me, this is the thing...we have a talented free-flowing roster of young guys with confidence who can hurt a defense 1 through 6...

Kyrie takes all that away for himself and then there's only 1 talented free-flowing guy that defending teams have to worry about.

So if I was in the position of Wyc, and willing to go over the tax, sign him and trade him, but if not willing to go over, just let him walk.

And then I would atleast make Danny hire a director of basketball operations or player personnel.

But honestly I think there's way more former Celtics out there that could do a better overall job than that guy.

If that sounds bad because of his heart condition, there's always the IT situation to make me not care even a little bit.

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2019, 10:26:26 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Please stay baby...uugh

Irvings roll on this team is top scorer. So looking at him passing is not correct. Compare him to thise teams top scorers and irving passes more amd has more assists per game than

Curry
Durant
Giannis
Leonard.

So try again

Kyrie has the ball in his hands 85% of the time, so he HAS to be a playmaker.  No excuses.

When Smart is at the point it's only marginally better because once Smart gives him the ball it's the same ol story...he doesn't see himself as a 2 guard...he see's himself as a point.

And obviously he can't change.  He is not the point guard for this team no matter how talented he is.

Plus having a strong defender like Smart as the point, who see's the floor and finds everyone, while being excellent with the pick and roll, is even a better fit than Terry, and balances the roster ALOT.

Smart is everything a team needs at the point, and i'll bet that's where Brad wants him now, but he has to use the Boss's guy who's an allstar.

Assists are fine...but he has to be willing to swing the ball to get the defense out of position in Brad's system, and Brad likes playing high-post with bigs, so Kyrie hogging the ball makes Brads system come crashing to a halt.

That's the reality of it man.  And the fact Danny doesn't see this really makes me angry.
This is the difference between him and IT basically.  While Kyrie probably has better assist numbers, IT had no such issue swinging the ball...which made them overachieve.  And he didn't dance around with the ball confusing everyone about what he wanted to do...he saw a hole to the rim and he took it, while most of his outside shots came from a pass from teammates...he played much better off ball.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:24:14 AM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2019, 11:29:24 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Please stay baby...uugh

Curry
Durant
Giannis
Leonard.

So try again

Kyrie has the ball in his hands 85% of the time, so he HAS to be a playmaker.  No excuses.

When Smart is at the point it's only marginally better because once Smart gives him the ball it's the same ol story...he doesn't see himself as a 2 guard...he see's himself as a point.

And obviously he can't change.  He is not the point guard for this team no matter how talented he is.

Plus having a strong defender like Smart as the point, who see's the floor and finds everyone, while being excellent with the pick and roll, is even a better fit than Terry, and balances the roster ALOT.

Smart is everything a team needs at the point, and i'll bet that's where Brad wants him now, but he has to use the Boss's guy who's an allstar.

Assists are fine...but he has to be willing to swing the ball to get the defense out of position in Brad's system, and Brad likes playing high-post with bigs, so Kyrie hogging the ball makes Brads system come crashing to a halt.

That's the reality of it man.  And the fact Danny doesn't see this really makes me angry.

You are making things up again. Kyrie did not have the ball in his hands 85% of the time. Not even close to that. Not even HALF of that.

Average time per touche was 4.27 seconds, average touches per games was 76.6...so that is 327.082 seconds,  or 5.45 minutes or 22.7% of game (assuming Boston had the ball for 1/2 of the game, or 24 minutes)

Average time per touch
4.27 Kyrie
4.25 Wannamaker
4.22 Rozier

touch per minute
Kyrie 76.3/33mins = 2.31
Rozier 51.9/22.7mins = 2.29

Also just to add

Kyrie's points per touch is .310
Terry's is .173

Kyrie's assists per touch is .0898
Terry's is .0559

I wont include smart, because he spent most of the season playing WITH Kyrie as the Shooting guard and secondary playmaker. Which he excelled at. Any data pulled looking at him as a comparison will be skewed but as a whole last season he assisted more per touch, scored much worse per touch, didnt keep the ball as long per touch.

Edit to add.

Kyrie's per touch numbers are all an improvement over last seasons in relation to scoring/touch up, assists per touch up, time per touch down.

So he did adapt last season, and Shaq has never been one to have great insight into statistical evidence and just says stuff.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:34:39 AM by Silky »

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2019, 11:38:37 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
This is why we need some kind of an ignore button.....

People here actually think they are better than Danny Ainge.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:12:03 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2019, 12:26:35 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
None of those numbers got them past the team they beat last year.

No need to ignore, i'm all done.

Think i'm all done with this organization too.

My cousin hates the Celts to the bottom of his heart and always tells me i'm wasting my time because they always do the same bs.  I might have to tell him he's right after all these years.  lol

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2019, 12:31:47 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610

My cousin hates the Celts to the bottom of his heart and always tells me i'm wasting my time because they always do the same bs.  I might have to tell him he's right after all these years.  lol

I think it is pretty well established that last year's bucks team and this years bucks team are markedly different. Waaaay better coaching, added two very good 3 pt shooting bigs, veteren pg leadership and skill, improved play from Giannis and Middleton. etc.

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2019, 12:36:28 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Ok. By your logic then the only thing different between this years team and last years team is Hayward

So why no hate on Hayward?

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2019, 12:38:41 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Ok. By your logic then the only thing different between this years team and last years team is Hayward

So why no hate on Hayward?

I know this isn't what this thread is about but I do think Hayward has gotten largely excused from being the only major change from last years' team that had great chemistry throughout the regular season and this years' team that was a trainwreck.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008