Author Topic: Anyone else just cant wait for the season to start?  (Read 3837 times)

Anyone else just cant wait for the season to start?
« on: August 31, 2018, 11:07:55 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Now that summer is over I just cant wait for the season to start. I might be more excited for the celtics upcoming season than the patriots.

sure I was excited for last year with the addition of Kyrie/Hayward....but there were question marks with how much Brown/Tatum would contribute.

After seeing how those guys have improved and this roster, I cant help but feel this is going to be a special season where if everything goes right, possibly banner 18 is in sight. I dont know if I have been this excited about a season since 2008 after the KG/allen trades.

Re: Anyone else just cant wait for the season to start?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
chomping at tye bit

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:38:11 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
When does training camp open???

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 01:12:22 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The two most memorable seasons that I can remember (in the last 20 years), have to be the 2004 Red Sox and 2008 Celtics. Going into each of those seasons, you had a strong feeling that the teams were on another level type of special. Each game felt like they were must watch, and it went to another level when the playoffs rolled around. Hopefully, I will never forget those feelings I had after seeing them win their respective titles. What made each even better for me, was the fact that my daughter was born in 2003 and my son in 2007. Obviously, they will never remember those seasons, but having them with me and sharing those experiences with them was truly special.

As for this upcoming Celtics season, my expectations are again sky high and I can’t wait for even the preseason to start. I’m really looking forward to watching each game, and hope to be able to talk about the games right here in the forums (although I’m not sure where that stands). This team seems special, however, I’m not sure if my expectations are as high as the two teams already mentioned, because of two reasons. For one, the injury history of Irving and Hayward. I understand Hayward suffered a freak injury, but that was 5 minutes into last season, and I don’t want my hopes to be crushed like that again. The other reason, has to be the juggernaut that are the Golden State Warriors. I do believe this Celtics team can beat the Warriors in the Finals, but these Celtics don’t feel like the clear favorites like those 2004 Red Sox and 2008 Celtics teams seemed to be at the time.

Story book ending: The Celtics end up with the best record in league history, and then beat the Warriors for the title. To make it even sweeter, Durant ask for a meeting with the Celtics as a free agent, and Danny tells him that they don’t need him.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 01:34:16 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
My hand is raised up high!

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 01:36:03 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
This team reminds me of the 1986 Celtics.

So deep.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 01:42:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm eager for the season to start, especially to see Hayward out there, but I'm also being cautious because it seems like there's always another injury just around the corner with the Celtics. Hopefully that doesn't happen this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 01:46:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 01:56:52 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
To get me through August, I have been re-watching the C's playoff games from this spring.  Boy do playoff Rozeir, Brown, Tatum, Big Al and Baynes look really good!

Kyrie has to resist the hero ball antics late in games and trust his mates.

Even if Morris does get traded, there is still plenty of depth to rest guys occasionally.

Brad's defense is built to stop a perimeter shooting team like GSW.  If C's are all healthy, I am not sure Durant will be able to withstand the pressure.  I am not assuming that Cousins is going to be 100% by spring, either way he is such a negative energy guy - not sure he will have a positive impact (obviously this is debatable).

Can't wait for the games to start - I'll settle for preseason games!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I was very excited for last season.  Most teams get excited when they sign a big time free agent, make a trade, or have a really good draft pick.  We had all three, and that was a very exciting prospect...  However, I did not expect the team last year to seriously compete for the championship, and thought LeBron would still take the glory for the year over any other team in the East.

Instead, Kyrie showed he can play within a system, Tatum showed he should've probably been the #1 pick, and Hayward got injured.  There were a lot of question marks last year.  The question marks I get for this year are much more in line with "first world problems" like will all 5 (expected) starters be happy with their shot attempts.  I'm very okay with these problems, and I am setting the expectations very high this year.  I fully expect the team to win at least 60 games, likely be the best record in the league, and have a serious chance at winning it all.  Barring catastrophic injuries, I think anything short of the finals will be a disappointment for this team.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 01:43:53 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
I am not assuming that Cousins is going to be 100% by spring, either way he is such a negative energy guy - not sure he will have a positive impact (obviously this is debatable).

I think that that's wise. Given the nature of the injury, it would be unusual for him to ever be 100% again. He'll get a much-needed lesson in humility, I think.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 01:48:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
We need to win #18 before the Lakers win #17.

That is the ultimate goal this season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I am. Started a thread just to break the bordem

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 05:50:28 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I can't freaking wait!

I personally don't care about the outcome of this season I just want everyone to stay relatively healthy all year. but man it's hard to stay focused on just that, i'd love to see brown, tatum or both take a monster leap this year.

also when does training camp start? I know espn was having LeBron on some show because they said "training camp is right around the corner", but didn't say when.

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 07:32:29 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I can't freaking wait!

I personally don't care about the outcome of this season I just want everyone to stay relatively healthy all year. but man it's hard to stay focused on just that, i'd love to see brown, tatum or both take a monster leap this year.

also when does training camp start? I know espn was hav ing LeBron on some show because they said "training camp is right around the corner", but didn't say when.

Last year they started Sept 26, which was about a week before the first preseason game on Oct 2.

This year the first preseason game is earlier, on the 28th, so I figure camp should be starting around the 21st. I don’t think there’s been an official announcement yet; they waited pretty late last year.