Author Topic: Celtics (57-15) at Hawks (33-39) Game #73 3/28/24  (Read 3661 times)

Celtics2021 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics (57-15) at Hawks (33-39) Game #73 3/28/24
« Reply #375 on: Yesterday at 11:01:04 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I’m just at a loss with this:

Mazzulla says the Celtics purposefully allowed Porzingis to defend Dejounte Murray on switches bc it was good practice reps for 1-through-5 switching, of which the Celtics haven't done much.

Boston has positioned itself to be able to use games as practices for certain scenarios.

It's just laughable at this point. Maybe you do it for a few possessions, but once it *clearly* was not working with a very fast, athletic guard with a good pull-up midrange jumper, you move away from it. All you did was show how futile KP can look in that mismatch against the right guard - like a Maxey or Rozier or Dame or even Murray himself.

Joe is just so far over his head at this point, and he just makes it worse by trying to cover for himself. So much for all the gains he's supposedly made in his media training. Never accepts responsibility or holds him or his team accountable.

A first round loss and getting rid of Joe may be worth it in the long run to get rid of his Meerkat-looking self.

« Reply #376 on: Yesterday at 11:05:38 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Mazzulla says the Celtics purposefully allowed Porzingis to defend Dejounte Murray on switches bc it was good practice reps for 1-through-5 switching, of which the Celtics haven't done much.

Boston has positioned itself to be able to use games as practices for certain scenarios.

It's just laughable at this point. Maybe you do it for a few possessions, but once it *clearly* was not working with a very fast, athletic guard with a good pull-up midrange jumper, you move away from it. All you did was show how futile KP can look in that mismatch against the right guard - like a Maxey or Rozier or Dame or even Murray himself.

Joe is just so far over his head at this point, and he just makes it worse by trying to cover for himself. So much for all the gains he's supposedly made in his media training. Never accepts responsibility or holds him or his team accountable.

A first round loss and getting rid of Joe may be worth it in the long run to get rid of his Meerkat-looking self.

All of them are in the East. Not good lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #377 on: Yesterday at 11:12:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I mean when your coach says you were practicing stuff in game that tells me that no one was taking this game seriously. That’s disappointing.

« Reply #378 on: Yesterday at 11:13:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
These games are meaningless.  Yeah we want better game plans, better performance, etc.  But when the playoff start this game won't matter one iota.  Not sure why everyone is losing their marbles.

Tell me, if these games are meaningless then why did Joe bother playing their core guys? Makes no sense. Would have been better to start our G-leaguers and I wouldn't even be mad if they lost.

Your logic is flawed.  What would you have us do, rest all of our starters every game until the playoffs start?  You play your core guys to keep them game ready, which is important.  The actual result, now that we've locked up the top seed, is not.

Exactly. The idea that we would not play our veterans for over a month cause we have clinched the one seed is one of the more ridiculous concepts I have read on this board (and I’ve been on here a long time). The goal is to keep our guys in shape, stay healthy and try out some new things. Nobody likes us losing, but gotta keep things a little in perspective. Oh btw the bucks have lost two in a row and there still isn’t a timetable for embids return.

« Reply #379 on: Yesterday at 11:22:52 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Incredible.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #380 on: Yesterday at 11:28:18 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Mazzulla said the #Celtics purposely went to switching where Porzingis guarded Murray in OT. He yielded three consecutive Murray jumpers.

"It was good reps for us. We went to that on purpose.  It was an opportunity to practice stuff that we're gonna need to get to. I thought it was a good opportunity to get reps on that and get it on film. " #Hawks

« Reply #381 on: Yesterday at 11:34:50 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
I mean when your coach says you were practicing stuff in game that tells me that no one was taking this game seriously. That’s disappointing.

and they’re clearly not taking practice seriously, either. isn’t this why you practice, so you don’t have to use games to work on this kind of stuff? and for that matter, do they shoot free throws in practice? how about defensive rebounding or defense end-of-game scenarios?

these guys (joe included) are drunk on media hype and reveling in their regular season championship; they’re in for a rude awaking come playoff time. teams have learned to play physical defense on the J’s at the perimeter, knowing a poor 3pt shooting night tends to cool the C’s offense and forces the J’s into really poor iso/hero ball. the J’s have proven to the entire NBA that they’re not disciplined enough to consistently go to the rim when the defense takes away the three ball.

« Reply #382 on: Yesterday at 11:40:06 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
blame joe all you want (and he certainly deserves plenty of it) but what are we seeing that’s so different from the J’s during Ime’s tenure or late in brad’s tenure? where’s the pride after being humiliated by the lowly hawks last game?

i know everyone is angry, and i’m not attempting to add fuel to the fire, but i’ve consistently said for years that the C’s won’t win a chip with the J’s. no heart, no killer instinct, selfish, low bbiq, entitled brats that love to fill the box score. if they think they can coast the remainder of the regular season and turn it on for the playoffs. which is what we seem to be witnessing, they’ll get booted (read: embarrassed) in round one.

You are exactly right.
Just compare Tatum to the past Celtic "Generals" as I call them ........... Russell, Cowens, Bird & Garnett.
Now think about the competitive heart these four men had compared to Tatum.
Brown has a little more fight in him, but he's too stupid to play the right way.

spot on, tenn; i think about this, too. the J’s just don’t measure up to the “generals” in heart, fight, or bbiq. hard to see them changing at this point; we have so much consistent film on them over the past years, and youth/inexperience are no longer adequate excuses.

« Reply #383 on: Today at 12:38:57 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Coach is a clown. Murray took like 12 shots in a row and he refuses to send another guy at him. And dont get me started on those 2 garbage plays he drew up for end of regulation LOL
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #384 on: Today at 12:54:40 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Yeah keep practicing on stuff. Now teams have game film and know how to exploit KP, JB, and Tatum's weaknesses.

Put fast guards on KP. Play physical and aggressive with the Jays (or anyone on the team for that matter).

They ought to work on their free-throws, boxing out, grabbing boards more. And learn to take more 2's.

« Reply #385 on: Today at 01:06:20 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
These games are meaningless.  Yeah we want better game plans, better performance, etc.  But when the playoff start this game won't matter one iota.  Not sure why everyone is losing their marbles.

Tell me, if these games are meaningless then why did Joe bother playing their core guys? Makes no sense. Would have been better to start our G-leaguers and I wouldn't even be mad if they lost.

Your logic is flawed.  What would you have us do, rest all of our starters every game until the playoffs start?  You play your core guys to keep them game ready, which is important.  The actual result, now that we've locked up the top seed, is not.

Exactly. The idea that we would not play our veterans for over a month cause we have clinched the one seed is one of the more ridiculous concepts I have read on this board (and I’ve been on here a long time). The goal is to keep our guys in shape, stay healthy and try out some new things. Nobody likes us losing, but gotta keep things a little in perspective. Oh btw the bucks have lost two in a row and there still isn’t a timetable for embids return.

Not saying to rest them every game, but 38-45 minutes with your core with the #1 seed locked is risking injuries. Look at what happened to Jrue when he collided with a Wizards player when the C's were up by like 30 the other day. Play them that many minutes and still lose stings and somewhat sold some of their weaknesses for other teams to exploit.