Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 463070 times)

President Red, Lioney, Atzar, Celtics2021, kraidstar, Phantom255x, hpantazo, smicker16, CelticsPoetry and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #4635 on: April 10, 2024, 10:55:42 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2960
  • On To Banner 18!
Apparently Trae Young could return soon and likely play in ATL's play-in games. Wonder if that could affect some things. ATL did upset MIA last April as well and took us to 6 games.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4636 on: April 10, 2024, 11:25:48 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
If the sixers get the bucks in round one, they win that series in 6 games.

Heat are really going to be pushed in the play in by the bulls or hawks. It would not surprise me to see Miami miss the playoffs.

If Bucks go out in the 1st round again, I wonder if there's any fallout.  Back-to-back 1st round exits, does Giannis demand a trade?  Is there a Lillard trade out there?  They can fire Doc, but then they'll be paying 4 coaches next year, which is a lot of money for a small market team.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #4637 on: April 10, 2024, 11:56:40 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Heat are really going to be pushed in the play in by the bulls or hawks. It would not surprise me to see Miami miss the playoffs.

If Bucks go out in the 1st round again, I wonder if there's any fallout.  Back-to-back 1st round exits, does Giannis demand a trade?  Is there a Lillard trade out there?  They can fire Doc, but then they'll be paying 4 coaches next year, which is a lot of money for a small market team.
On the other hand, they're already paying three coaches, so what's one more?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #4638 on: April 10, 2024, 12:16:30 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2960
  • On To Banner 18!
Root hard for Denver tonight. Winner of Wolves-Nuggets is almost guaranteed the 1 seed in the West. If so, then even if LAL advances through the play-in they will play DEN first round probably. If Wolves win though, Lakers likely draw MIN. Some depends on if LAL stays in the 9-10 bracket but with their loss last night, pretty sure GSW can finish ahead of LAL as long as they win out due to tiebreakers. Sacramento has been shaky too, but it may be a moot point if GSW wins out. LAL is likely staying around 9
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4639 on: April 10, 2024, 01:37:58 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Root hard for Denver tonight. Winner of Wolves-Nuggets is almost guaranteed the 1 seed in the West. If so, then even if LAL advances through the play-in they will play DEN first round probably. If Wolves win though, Lakers likely draw MIN. Some depends on if LAL stays in the 9-10 bracket but with their loss last night, pretty sure GSW can finish ahead of LAL as long as they win out due to tiebreakers. Sacramento has been shaky too, but it may be a moot point if GSW wins out. LAL is likely staying around 9

I wonder how a 5-way tie for 6-10 shakes out, with everyone at 47-35.  It’s not impossible, since New Orleans is at 6 and plays three teams in the 7-10 range, meaning an 0-3 stretch for them gives everyone else a win who needs one.

« Reply #4640 on: April 10, 2024, 01:51:27 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

On the other hand, they're already paying three coaches, so what's one more?

They could bring back Bud since they’re still paying him.

« Reply #4641 on: April 10, 2024, 01:53:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Buf is going to have options. They were talking about him on local Cleveland radio yesterday, as an example.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4642 on: April 10, 2024, 04:07:39 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
After looking through the schedules this is how I predict the seedlings will shake out.

1.BOS
2.NY
3.CLE
4.ORL
5.MIL
6.IND
7.PHI
8.MIA

You win 60 games yet get to toughest path possible lol

« Reply #4643 on: April 10, 2024, 04:34:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
After looking through the schedules this is how I predict the seedlings will shake out.

1.BOS
2.NY
3.CLE
4.ORL
5.MIL
6.IND
7.PHI
8.MIA

At this rate, I think we should hope the Knicks or Cavs can take down the 76ers as they're more tougher than the Bucks.

Bucks probably won't last against the Magic, but I like the Celtics' chances on this timid Bucks team who've lost 4 in a row and a gimpy Giannis. But ofc, we gotta get past the first rounds first and that may involve exorcising some demons with Miami.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4644 on: April 10, 2024, 04:46:21 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!

1.BOS
2.NY
3.CLE
4.ORL
5.MIL
6.IND
7.PHI
8.MIA

At this rate, I think we should hope the Knicks or Cavs can take down the 76ers as they're more tougher than the Bucks.

Bucks probably won't last against the Magic, but I like the Celtics' chances on this timid Bucks team who've lost 4 in a row and a gimpy Giannis. But ofc, we gotta get past the first rounds first and that may involve exorcising some demons with Miami.

Bucks fans are more worried about other teams than the C’s. It’s the weirdest thing, they are looking too much into those two games where the C’s no showed. If Orlando can beat them twice this week why not in a series where Giannis probably won’t even play in?

« Reply #4645 on: April 10, 2024, 05:34:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

1.BOS
2.NY
3.CLE
4.ORL
5.MIL
6.IND
7.PHI
8.MIA

Bucks fans are more worried about other teams than the C’s. It’s the weirdest thing, they are looking too much into those two games where the C’s no showed. If Orlando can beat them twice this week why not in a series where Giannis probably won’t even play in?

If a bucks fan is worrying about anything beyond Gianni’s right now they are kind of an idiot.

« Reply #4646 on: April 10, 2024, 05:41:22 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't know who's the most delusional right now; Bucks fans, Heat fans, or Laker fans.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4647 on: April 10, 2024, 05:50:28 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
I don't know who's the most delusional right now; Bucks fans, Heat fans, or Laker fans.

As long as you don’t think it’s Celtics fans, I don’t mind.

« Reply #4648 on: April 10, 2024, 08:26:25 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Heat fans. Lakers and Bucks still have 2 top 15 players on them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4649 on: April 10, 2024, 08:30:47 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Heat fans still think they are flipping the switch and going on a magical run like last year.  All I have heard is the regular season doesn’t matter to them because they will show up for the playoffs. Still living off the same lazy narrative if they play the Celtics.