Author Topic: Who're the best/worst players/people in Celtics history?  (Read 11493 times)

Re: Who're the best/worst players/people in Celtics history?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Fab mello

Worthless

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 11:34:32 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
No one has mentioned Marc Blount?

I mentioned Tribble earlier.

Blount 2nd

Wicks/Rowe inseparable, tied for 3rd

Pitino 4th

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 11:36:26 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Brian Shaw anyone?

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 12:09:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Someone mentioned Sherm Douglass but he was one of my favorites.

Mikkie Moore was horrible.  I'd put Rasheed on that list also.

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 03:41:15 PM »

Online Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Just went through this thread and I can't believe that nobody mentioned John Y Brown.

My memory is that his wife (the equally loathsome Phyllis George) told him to trade 3 first round draft picks for Bob McAdoo.

And he did it.

Under Red's watch.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 04:44:19 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Pitino's top of my list.

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2016, 04:49:24 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Worst players I hated Vitaly and he was bad, Michael Smith was bad, Montross was bad,  Marbury was bad, AC Earl was bad,  Bimbo Coles was bad, Jerome Moiso was bad, Gerald Green was bad, Joe Forte was bad, Curtis Rowe was bad, Chris Herren was bad, Sherman Douglas was bad, Syndey Wicks was bad but to me Fab Melo was the worst and guys loved him when he was a crappy college player.

Pitino was worst GM ever and set us back for years.

I know this thread is a year and a half old at this point, but Sherman Douglas?

For his career in Boston he put up  11 and 7 with a 14.7 PER while starting half the time over parts of 5 seasons.  Not bad for a #28 pick who was acquired for a player who had sued the team, skipped out on the team to play overseas once, and then threatened to do it again.

Sherman Douglas single handedly led the Celtics to the playoffs in '95 averaging 20 and 9 over 28 games in March and April.  We don't get knocked out in the first round without him!

Sherman Douglas was the man, and I will fight to the death any man who says otherwise!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:54:41 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 04:58:58 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Still don't get Fab Melo. It was generally known that his upside was essentially being a backup center, and even that was a long shot. Can't believe we at least didn't try rolling the dice on something more even if we also struck out.

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 05:22:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Worst players I hated Vitaly and he was bad, Michael Smith was bad, Montross was bad,  Marbury was bad, AC Earl was bad,  Bimbo Coles was bad, Jerome Moiso was bad, Gerald Green was bad, Joe Forte was bad, Curtis Rowe was bad, Chris Herren was bad, Sherman Douglas was bad, Syndey Wicks was bad but to me Fab Melo was the worst and guys loved him when he was a crappy college player.

Pitino was worst GM ever and set us back for years.

I know this thread is a year and a half old at this point, but Sherman Douglas?

For his career in Boston he put up  11 and 7 with a 14.7 PER while starting half the time over parts of 5 seasons.  Not bad for a #28 pick who was acquired for a player who had sued the team, skipped out on the team to play overseas once, and then threatened to do it again.

Sherman Douglas single handedly led the Celtics to the playoffs in '95 averaging 20 and 9 over 28 games in March and April.  We don't get knocked out in the first round without him!

Sherman Douglas was the man, and I will fight to the death any man who says otherwise!

TP, Sherm was a small bright spot in a bleak stretch for the C's and had a very memorable stretch of play that season.

Google doesn't find anything, so does anyone remember who recently said Sherm was one of his favorite guys to play with?  It may not have been in Boston.  Can't quite place it.