Author Topic: big baby gametime decision tonight  (Read 13339 times)

big baby gametime decision tonight
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:01:25 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
from celtics.com via twitter:

Boston Celtics Big Baby (gametime decision) missed shootaround with a stomach bug. Leon Powe practiced and is likely to suit up tonight.

good news about powe

Re: big baby gametime decision tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:02:27 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
from celtics.com via twitter:

Boston Celtics Big Baby (gametime decision) missed shootaround with a stomach bug. Leon Powe practiced and is likely to suit up tonight.

good news about powe

that flu bug has been following us around for weeks.

come on powe pimping, show me that really was a mild injury...
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
open tryouts for the starting forward spot?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:06:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
at this point the only thing boston gains by going all out is getting philly in round one...i would like to see the main guys rested...about 25 minutes each tonight

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 01:07:03 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
More BILL WALKER!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:09:20 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
latest on KG:

from Doc via the globe:

"He can get better treatment back home than he can here, so we said get back home and get proper treatment," Rivers said after a morning shootaround.

Factors involved in the decision to send Garnett home included "our performance in Cleveland, our focus, and not a lot to play for," Rivers said. "I'm thinking if he's going to be healthy let's go through the two practices (Thursday and Friday) and put him on the floor."

Asked if Garnett's situation would have changed, were the Celtics still competing for a playoff position, Rivers replied: "It may have (changed). But we're not, so we don't have to worry about it. I do think he needs more time -- where Leon (Powe) is ready now, Kevin does need more time to get ready. If this was a big game could Kevin play tonight? He probably could, but we're not sure -- the fact that we're not sure, I think we should wait."

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 01:10:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
latest on KG:

from Doc via the globe:

"He can get better treatment back home than he can here, so we said get back home and get proper treatment," Rivers said after a morning shootaround.

Factors involved in the decision to send Garnett home included "our performance in Cleveland, our focus, and not a lot to play for," Rivers said. "I'm thinking if he's going to be healthy let's go through the two practices (Thursday and Friday) and put him on the floor."

Asked if Garnett's situation would have changed, were the Celtics still competing for a playoff position, Rivers replied: "It may have (changed). But we're not, so we don't have to worry about it. I do think he needs more time -- where Leon (Powe) is ready now, Kevin does need more time to get ready. If this was a big game could Kevin play tonight? He probably could, but we're not sure -- the fact that we're not sure, I think we should wait."

I have zero trust level with the celtics and KG's status at the moment.

I've decided to just ignore it and hope he's on the court for the opening tip rather than drive myself crazy following the waffling.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
latest on KG:

from Doc via the globe:

OK, that one makes me nervous.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i still think the thing they are going to do is have him go in the back-to-back practices thursday and friday and see where he is....if he hasnt improved or still has pain I expect him to be shutdown...if he feels good he will play...IN MY OPINION...the C's already know....

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
i still think the thing they are going to do is have him go in the back-to-back practices thursday and friday and see where he is....if he hasnt improved or still has pain I expect him to be shutdown...if he feels good he will play...IN MY OPINION...the C's already know....

if thier not lying about it being an injury they know won't get worse by playing, pain won't be the issue. cortizone shots get you through.

effectivness will be however.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
at this point....who knows...i wont be surprised to see him out there and i wont be surprised if the push things back again...it is obviously not a strain or sprain because leon got hurt later and is expected to play tonight after a sprain...i guess the worst case scenerio is he goes through the 2 practices and still can't go...doc keeps saying he will be there for game one...but we all know things in this situation are VERY fluid

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
at this point....who knows...i wont be surprised to see him out there and i wont be surprised if the push things back again...it is obviously not a strain or sprain because leon got hurt later and is expected to play tonight after a sprain...i guess the worst case scenerio is he goes through the 2 practices and still can't go...doc keeps saying he will be there for game one...but we all know things in this situation are VERY fluid

agree, though how long one player takes to come back from a "sprain" has no bearing on someone else.

just like ankles, its depends on the severity of the sprain.

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 01:27:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
latest on KG:

from Doc via the globe:

This is exactly what I expected.  After seeing the way the C's regulars didn't show up for the Cleveland game, I am guessing they felt that more harm than good can come from playing Garnett on Wednesday in a game that is likely going to be mostly scrubs running around like chicken's with their heads cut off.

I wouldn't be surprised if some combination of Pierce, Allen, and Rondo don't play tomorrow night as well, and Doc targets Thursday and Friday as days for big practices to get ready for the playoffs.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
More BILL WALKER!

Walker really should be getting 30 minutes tonight. Pierce should be only playing 10-15 minutes if he even plays.

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i hope we dont see pierce, allen rondo, baby or perk vs washington tomorrow:

start:
PG Steph
SG Eddie
C moore
PF POWE
SF Tony

play gabe, walker off the bench...or play the starters one half and cut them off...