Author Topic: We get picks #16, #28, #33 and #45.  (Read 55443 times)

Re: We get picks #16, #28, #33 and #45.
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Dunn isn't coming out this year. This is a hit to teams looking for a PG in this draft. Now aside from Mudiay and Russell (who might not really be a PG) the first round will have Grant, Payne and Jones. These three should all go between 15-25 based on BPA. The Cs may very well find themselves in a position to draft Grant for another team either in a trade up or down.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2015, 04:43:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Dunn isn't coming out this year. This is a hit to teams looking for a PG in this draft. Now aside from Mudiay and Russell (who might not really be a PG) the first round will have Grant, Payne and Jones. These three should all go between 15-25 based on BPA. The Cs may very well find themselves in a position to draft Grant for another team either in a trade up or down.
I agree. he may go earlier than us tho.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Hoping we take BPA at 16 and we trade our 2nds with #28 to trade up for Harrell. Earlier in the year, I thought we were going to need to take him in the 13-16 range, but he has been falling for no apparent reason.

This way we still get a decent prospect and the guy I have wanted all along in Harrell with only taking on two additional rookies, instead of four.
I don't think Harrell is going to be as good as Cliff Alexander.

IMO
Myles Turner 16 or trade down to get him
Cliff Alexander 28
Robert Upshaw  Using our 76er 2nd rounder

« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2015, 05:53:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if he's smart, he shouldn't come out.  he's not ready yet regardless of being projected for the first round.  next year, if he continues to progress, he'll be a much more solid prospect for whoever gets him.  hopefully he'll be someone that has developed to be worth looking at with one of the C's many picks next year.

« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2015, 06:06:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
if he's smart, he shouldn't come out.  he's not ready yet regardless of being projected for the first round.  next year, if he continues to progress, he'll be a much more solid prospect for whoever gets him.  hopefully he'll be someone that has developed to be worth looking at with one of the C's many picks next year.
You aren't talking about grant right?

He is a senior, who were you talking about
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
From a financial perspective though, how much higher can Dunn's stock get? He's likely costing himself at least $1M.

« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2015, 07:05:22 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I am always wary of giving up the farm (or even large parts of it) to trade up in the draft.  I'm doubly wary when I start jonesing for a player who has climbed in the mock drafts because of his tournament performance.

Should this draft go the way Ford predicts for the first six picks, I've really got a hankerin' for some Winslow.  Can somebody please talk me out of starting a thread suggesting we do whatever it takes to get him?  Much obliged.

Mike

Haven't seen Ford's prediction, and his credibility is shot with me.  But the Celtics should be willing to use a future pick to move up for either Winslow or WCS in my opinion.  Winslow definitely has superstar ceiling.  Still has some growing to do with his game, but you can teach passion, and he has it in spades, to go along with good shooting and great athleticism. Very easily could be the best player in the draft 5 years from now.

So yeah, the only reason I'll tell you not to start a thread about Winslow is because they already exist.  He's ELITE.

I agree.
Winslow's an athlete with brute strength, soft touch and a heart of steel- just plays his heart out every game. Reminds me a lot of Harden at UCLA but with more strength/more versatility.

My second binky is Ponzingris with his length and athleticism at the 4/5.

If we can't get him , moving up to get WCS would be great- his length defending the pick and roll and his offensive upside is very appealing.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I am always wary of giving up the farm (or even large parts of it) to trade up in the draft.  I'm doubly wary when I start jonesing for a player who has climbed in the mock drafts because of his tournament performance.

Should this draft go the way Ford predicts for the first six picks, I've really got a hankerin' for some Winslow.  Can somebody please talk me out of starting a thread suggesting we do whatever it takes to get him?  Much obliged.

Mike

Haven't seen Ford's prediction, and his credibility is shot with me.  But the Celtics should be willing to use a future pick to move up for either Winslow or WCS in my opinion.  Winslow definitely has superstar ceiling.  Still has some growing to do with his game, but you can teach passion, and he has it in spades, to go along with good shooting and great athleticism. Very easily could be the best player in the draft 5 years from now.

So yeah, the only reason I'll tell you not to start a thread about Winslow is because they already exist.  He's ELITE.

I agree.
Winslow's an athlete with brute strength, soft touch and a heart of steel- just plays his heart out every game. Reminds me a lot of Harden at UCLA but with more strength/more versatility.

My second binky is Ponzingris with his length and athleticism at the 4/5.

If we can't get him , moving up to get WCS would be great- his length defending the pick and roll and his offensive upside is very appealing.
If WCS has offensive upside, he keeps it well hidden. 

« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2015, 09:26:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Upshaw has too much Hassan Whiteside potential to fall out of the 1st round or to be taken earlier than pick 20.

Could fall out of the league, or jump around the league for a while, before finding his way into a rotation.

But he may be a really nice center at some point.  Could even happen with the team that drafts him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2015, 09:32:46 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Two words - Tyler Harvey.  That is all. ;D

« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2015, 09:41:22 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

IMO
Cliff Alexander 28

I'd be thrilled to get Alexander with the LAC pick.

« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2015, 09:50:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

poor man Steph Curry?  Very quick release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-f8gnk6oh0

« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2015, 10:01:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2015, 10:10:44 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

He still hasn't signed with an agent so he might stay in.  Where do you see him going? 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2015, 10:53:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hoping we take BPA at 16 and we trade our 2nds with #28 to trade up for Harrell. Earlier in the year, I thought we were going to need to take him in the 13-16 range, but he has been falling for no apparent reason.

This way we still get a decent prospect and the guy I have wanted all along in Harrell with only taking on two additional rookies, instead of four.

IMO
Cliff Alexander 28

It just seems like the identity of this Cs team is going to be defense and hustle. With Bass and Crowder possibly/likely not being here next year, I would be very happy with Harrell taking those minutes. He is all over the floor and provides the athleticism up front that we simply do not have. Getting him with #28 plus our 2nds (while maintaining our BPA at #16) would be best case scenario.

But I can see why you like Alexander.