Author Topic: Fultz trainer: "he is an all-star this season if fully healthy"  (Read 5691 times)

Re: Fultz trainer: "he is an all-star this season if fully healthy"
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 11:21:04 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Like fultz, 6ers can get these hands though. Kid looked legit coming out, I hope he finds his way. I want to beat any and every Team, 6ers aren't special.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 11:37:34 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
hahaha hype train whooop whooop!

if Fultz is an all-star this year I will eat my hat.

Sorry couldn't resist.

While I don't agree with the All-Star assessment I believe if he's healthy he will be a very good player next season - one who has bad games against the stifling defense of BOS.

I can live with that.

that looks like some fine eating!!!
:)

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 11:38:22 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
Like fultz, 6ers can get these hands though. Kid looked legit coming out, I hope he finds his way. I want to beat any and every Team, 6ers aren't special.

I agree, I want him to be good.  Then we can beat him.  I just don't think he will be an all star this season.

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 12:13:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If Fultz ends up being as good as I thought he would be coming out then the Atlantic becomes the best division in the NBA.

We could conceivably get Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Embiid, Simmons, Fultz, Kawhi and Lowry as all-stars in the east. That would be more than half the east's all-star roster from 3 teams.

I think Fultz could score enough to get an all-star spot, but his lack of defense will make him less valuable than his box score stats indicate.
How do you know he will have a lack of defense?  He looks like he will be a steal and block machine.

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 12:16:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
This guy is really doing Fultz a disservice. For all intensive purposes Fultz is a rookie this year. Has any Rookie made the allstar game since Blake in 2011? Why set up that kind of expectations on the poor kid when he already has mental issues....

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 12:26:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
This guy is really doing Fultz a disservice. For all intensive purposes Fultz is a rookie this year. Has any Rookie made the allstar game since Blake in 2011? Why set up that kind of expectations on the poor kid when he already has mental issues....
Maybe building up Fultz’s self esteem is actually a good thing since the yips is just a lack of confidence.

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 12:59:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Maybe building up Fultz’s self esteem is actually a good thing since the yips is just a lack of confidence.

I think there is a difference between confidence and hyperbole/unrealistic. Him just coming out and being a starter this year would be a tremendous outcome for Fultz.

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 01:16:44 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I think there is a difference between confidence and hyperbole/unrealistic. Him just coming out and being a starter this year would be a tremendous outcome for Fultz.

Even him coming off the bench and hitting an  out side shot decently would be a great out come for him at this point.

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2018, 01:17:44 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Why *wouldn't* you want the Sixers and their players to fail is a better question. I mean I want every other team to fail and all of their players to fail, but I want the Sixers to fail the most. Every time I hear someone say "trust the process," that implies that you openly rooted for your team to lose. I can't get on board with that type of thinking. The day I tune into a Celtics game and hope that they lose is the day that I stop watching basketball. The Sixers strategy and the large portion of their fanbase that subscribed to this belief is the reason why they catapulted to #1 on my list. So, yeah: if you tell me that we got Tatum + a pick for a complete bust, I'm super happy.

This is a little disingenuous. When the Celtics were one of the worst teams in the league, the fans weren't openly rooting for them to lose. But we understood the result that losing may bring an impact player with a top pick in the draft. Each year before Duncan and Durant came out, I was rooting for the Celtics to win every night, but I wasn't mad if they lost because I understood the chances of getting a top pick increased with each loss. I don't remember where the term "trust the process" came from, but I doubt the many 76ers fans were rooting for their team to lose.

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2018, 02:12:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
When the Celtics were one of the worst teams in the league, the fans weren't openly rooting for them to lose.
I was absolutely rooting for them to lose and secure a high pick to get either Oden or Durant. I had a celebratory call when they clinched the second most ping pong balls with my brother. It was pretty wide spread acceptance of tanking that season.

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
When the Celtics were one of the worst teams in the league, the fans weren't openly rooting for them to lose.
I was absolutely rooting for them to lose and secure a high pick to get either Oden or Durant. I had a celebratory call when they clinched the second most ping pong balls with my brother. It was pretty wide spread acceptance of tanking that season.

I wasn't upset when they lost. Probably was also getting p---ed when we passed other teams with wins. I think a few very vocal posters that have made it their life mission to hype up philly are where a lot of the backlash comes from on this forum. I can't really imagine many people had to deal with people talking about how great Allan Ray, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Telfair etc were going to be on other forums.

I'll never forget the threads talking about how hollis Thompson would get minutes on the warriors or how Henry Sims was as good as Jae Crowder.

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2018, 05:02:26 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I wasn't upset when they lost. Probably was also getting p---ed when we passed other teams with wins. I think a few very vocal posters that have made it their life mission to hype up philly are where a lot of the backlash comes from on this forum. I can't really imagine many people had to deal with people talking about how great Allan Ray, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Telfair etc were going to be on other forums.

I'll never forget the threads talking about how hollis Thompson would get minutes on the warriors or how Henry Sims was as good as Jae Crowder.

Hey I thought Orien Greene and Brandon Hunter were gonna be players in this league!
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Not sure why so many Cs fans want this guy to fail. The C's got a stud in Tatum already and liekly another lottery pick. You should be happy regardless of what happens to Fultz.

Philly may be our chief rival, and they’ve been enormously hyped for years. I think the dislike is natural.

I don’t wish for Fultz to fail in particular, but I do want Philly to fail in general.  I think their blatant tanking was bad not just for the NBA but for sports in general (look at what’s going on in baseball right now).  When people talk about the Hinkie experiment, I want the moral of the story to be “They blatantly tanked for five years, had 4 consecutive top 3 picks and 7 top 10 picks in six years, and never even made it to the Finals.”
they didn't blatantly tank for 5 years so I'm not sure why anyone would be saying that.

I'm not sure if this is serious. Are you being nitpicky because it was more like 4 years, where they were obviously tanking?
It was actually only 3 years of obvious tanking which is how long Hinkie was GM.  They didn't tank the season before Hinkie was hired which led into the draft where they traded Holiday for Noel and picked up MCW at #11 with their own pick.  They also didn't tank Colangelo's 1st season until after Embiid's injury in January.  They went on a good winning streak in December and January and were only 4 games out of a playoff spot even though they were below .500. 
So 3 seasons of obvious tanking and 1 season of typical late season tanking. 

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Bahahahahaha All-star? Try getting some PT first.

After I fail running for mayor I'm going to run for president!!  ;)

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 06:10:52 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I've definitely noticed that Hanlan hypes the players he works out. Whether he's just trying to get more clients, or he just is a bad evaluator of talent is the question.

It's one of the reasons that I have been less hyped about his Tatum quotes.

"If fully healthy" sounds like making room for "muscular imbalance" if he performs poorly.
Where is your basis for saying Hanlan is a bad talent evaluator?  Of course he hypes the players he trains but he does so pretty selectively.  He trains players like Jordan Clarkson but he doesn't really hype them.  Hanlan has trained Tatum since he was 13 so he's had plenty of time to see Tatum's work ethic, learning aptitude, physical and mental growth, skills development.  His assessment of Tatum makes me quite optimistic.