Author Topic: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread  (Read 55424 times)

RJ87, Neurotic Guy, jpotter33 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Reply #465 on: Today at 05:34:37 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 267
  • International Superstar
So now that we're officially back in the Finals, how are we feeling about our playoff run so far?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #466 on: Today at 07:31:48 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 378
So now that we're officially back in the Finals, how are we feeling about our playoff run so far?

12-2 the majority without our 3rd scorer. 6-0 on the road. and proving we can win in "clutch time" situations. have to feel pretty good about it. the team just feels different to me than years past. tired of hearing about the "cakewalk" path. yet no one cared when milwaukee, denver, or lebron and the cavs all those years waltzed to the finals.

sure the path was harder in 2022. but I still feel that team just traded blowouts most of the time. and the offense was pretty abysmal that year with it finally catching up to us against golden state.

« Reply #467 on: Today at 07:45:56 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2572

I think v. good not great teams the Celtics can withstand lackluster play - poor 3-point shooting, poor defensive intensity - and still pull out wins. Against better competition, which Dallas appears to be, I doubt the Cs go 3-0 in tight games. Based on what I’ve seen in the Timberwolve series, Dallas has done well to limit easy shots in the lane - and Minny hasn’t made them pay from distance.  I expect the Cs to have more trouble driving the lane v. Dallas than they’ve had the last 4 games, but I think they’ll get good looks outside - and will need to make them.  Hitting threes at high % should soften things. 

Dallas’ run has been really solid and Luka and Kyrie look very good… and clutch.  Cs will have a tough time.  And so will Dallas.

« Reply #468 on: Today at 08:21:14 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1645
  • What a Pub Should Be

I fully expected them to be in the Finals (and been saying they’re winning the title since fall) but there was no way I anticipated them being 12-2 and undefeated on the road while getting there.  This is more dominant than I expected.

The clutch time play has been unreal.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #469 on: Today at 08:32:00 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 889
Dallas still has to win one more but looks like we got DAL in the finals. We get Porzingis back, they get Kleber back.  It is going to be a tough series. Don’t be fooled.  BOS will have to take it up a notch to win. 

« Reply #470 on: Today at 09:00:50 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Right where they should be. I picked them to win it all so we are on schedule.

I also am not buying the recent hype around the Mavs.

I am very encouraged that the late game disaster from playoff series past have been made a strength for this team. No way they win those games last playoffs.

Also I am a tad tired of the narative that the Celtics have not had a tough road injury wise. They lost their 3rd leading scorer and rebounder that protects the rim and changes so much on offense for the Celtics for most of the playoffs.

« Reply #471 on: Today at 11:29:50 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
It’ll be interesting to see Dallas’ D against an all out offense like the C’s with KP back. With KP back and Dallas not being particularly big, I think our rotation will be our normal 8 of White, Jrue, Brown, Tatum, KP, Al, PP, and Hauser, which means every single person is a legit three point threat.

Dallas can get away clogging the paint with Rudy in there, as well as a few other average shooters from deep. There’s no doing that against Boston, which when coupled with some poor perimeter defenders in Luka and Kyrie who can get exploited should lead to easy offense for us.

Defensively, we’re going to have to figure out the PnR that has killed us all playoffs.