Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 348422 times)

Re: The official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2016, 10:35:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So the team most analysts have predicted would be better than us just got destroyed at the end by the worst team in the league. Are we allowed to panick yet or what?

The Pacers aren't actually very good.  They're gonna be around .500 all year.

I'm pretty sure the Celts will be a lot better than that.

The Nets ... are going to be competitive-ish as long as their main guys are healthy.  Their bench is inexperienced and very not-good.  But Lin is a real NBA point guard.  Lopez is a nice NBA center.  Some of those other guys have real NBA skills.  They'll hang around in more games than we'd like.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2016, 10:40:33 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
So the team most analysts have predicted would be better than us just got destroyed at the end by the worst team in the league. Are we allowed to panick yet or what?

The Pacers aren't actually very good.  They're gonna be around .500 all year.

I'm pretty sure the Celts will be a lot better than that.

The Nets ... are going to be competitive-ish as long as their main guys are healthy.  Their bench is inexperienced and very not-good.  But Lin is a real NBA point guard.  Lopez is a nice NBA center.  Some of those other guys have real NBA skills.  They'll hang around in more games than we'd like.

Yea I know. This post was half made in jest, and half in happiness/horror that BRK might not be as bad as predicted, and that IND might not be as good either
#JKJB

« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2016, 10:49:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
I'm kind of glad about this for two reasons: 1) people can calm down about our loss the other night, and 2) it shows that the Pacers are not this near superteam that some are claiming them to be.

« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2016, 10:51:59 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'm kind of glad about this for two reasons: 1) people can calm down about our loss the other night, and 2) it shows that the Pacers are not this near superteam that some are claiming them to be.

Excellent. Completely agree with you. It's definitely calmed me down. I was one of those who was very scared of the Pacers. Of course, they have a much tougher time trying to integrate their new pieces, but it's still made me realize that these kinds of things take time to adjust to. Horford isn't gonna come in and be an All Star immediately. It'll take time. As long as we're ready when it comes to playoff time, I'm good.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2016, 05:23:11 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
You know it's time to panic, because eddie20 finally removed my warning about Brooklyn from his fanboy signature.  Even he's worried.
Lol ... Imo, anyone who thinks this Net team is a top three lottery pick is straight outta their mind.

« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2016, 05:42:23 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
You know it's time to panic, because eddie20 finally removed my warning about Brooklyn from his fanboy signature.  Even he's worried.
Lol ... Imo, anyone who thinks this Net team is a top three lottery pick is straight outta their mind.

It's too early to say that.  An injury to Lin would make them easily the worst team in the league.  It's way too early to say where the Nets are gonna finish
I'm bitter.

« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

It's too early to say that.  An injury to Lin would make them easily the worst team in the league.  It's way too early to say where the Nets are gonna finish

Also, it likes like that they will be without Lopez for at least 14 games this season. This from an SB Nation article:

one league source tells NetsDaily Lopez is unlikely to play in any second game of back-to-back’s this season. That’s 14 games.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2016/10/29/13463736/brooklyn-nets-take-a-trip-to-milwaukee-bucks-mirza-teletovic-trevor-booker#comments

They snuck up on the Pacers, just like they did to us at the end. They got taken lightly. They'll be a bottom 5 team.

« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2016, 06:08:48 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Just read that B Lopez is out tonight to "rest".  Looks like he will be sitting out on the back end of back to back games this year (think that's 14 games). 

Good news for us.

« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
Please Bucks don't let it slip up

« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

Also, it likes like that they will be without Lopez for at least 14 games this season. This from an SB Nation article:

one league source tells NetsDaily Lopez is unlikely to play in any second game of back-to-back’s this season. That’s 14 games.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2016/10/29/13463736/brooklyn-nets-take-a-trip-to-milwaukee-bucks-mirza-teletovic-trevor-booker#comments

They snuck up on the Pacers, just like they did to us at the end. They got taken lightly. They'll be a bottom 5 team.

That's huge if it's true.  Brook had a terrible first game this season against us, but last season the Nets were absolutely horrid without him on the floor.  Without his presence they probably would have won 12-14 games.

Meanwhile the Pacers who lost pitifully against the Nets last night are getting slaughtered by the Bulls.

« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2016, 09:54:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Just read that B Lopez is out tonight to "rest".  Looks like he will be sitting out on the back end of back to back games this year (think that's 14 games). 

Good news for us.
That's not how I read it.  Apparently he has occassionally sat out back end of back-to-back games in the past.  There's been no new injury or anything that I'm aware of so it's probably not going to be anything different this year than in the past.

Tonight was probably more a reaction to 3 games in 4 nights.  He played yesterday (Friday) and also two days before that (Wednesday).   They are also scheduled to play on Monday.   Rest tonight makes some sense.

« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2016, 09:59:17 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
BKN on the 2nd night of a BtB, no Lopez and yet Milwaukee is only up by 4.

Mike

« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2016, 09:59:49 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White

Good news for us.
That's not how I read it.  Apparently he has occassionally sat out back end of back-to-back games in the past.  There's been no new injury or anything that I'm aware of so it's probably not going to be anything different this year than in the past.

Tonight was probably more a reaction to 3 games in 4 nights.  He played yesterday (Friday) and also two days before that (Wednesday).   They are also scheduled to play on Monday.   Rest tonight makes some sense.

Resting a healthy player on the 3rd game of the season is practically unheard of, even if it's a back to back. 

He played in back to backs last season, until he was shut down towards the end.

« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2016, 10:01:56 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Mike
The Bucks look terrible so far this year.

« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2016, 10:03:34 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White

Mike
The Bucks look terrible so far this year.

They look like a complete joke.  In just the last two possessions they left a player completely unguarded.