Author Topic: 2013-2014 NBA Fantasy Basketball Discussion  (Read 3286 times)

2013-2014 NBA Fantasy Basketball Discussion
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:29:58 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I was wondering what people thought about this Laker team and who their producers will be.

Nash - Will put up typical numbers, but he's another year older without much to pass to.

Gasol - Has to be going into the season as the highest producer right?

The 3rd person (Usually 3 solid producers per team), I think Kaman get you some blocks, Bounds and points but will he score efficiently?

Post thoughts and definitely feel free to bring up another team.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: 2013-2014 NBA Fantasy Basketball Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:32:49 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
The Hawks interest me too:

Millsap and Horford should be a good combo. Teague got a payday and is slated as the starter. Korver could be a nice pickup in the 10th or so round. I'm not sure who else will produce on that team.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 06:36:13 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
8 category keeper roto league

I was just offered Evan Turner for Trey Burke.  My team is not a contender for this year.

Knee jerk reaction is to accept the deal, but Burkes  upside may well exceed Turner's.

Advice?
Yup

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
I know Turner is dealing with a little injury issue, but to me this is a slam dunk trade for you. Turner fills more cats and is having a great year.

What's the angle of the guy offering you this? I don't get it. Is free agency dry? How many players per team? Is he dying for assists?

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 07:08:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I know Turner is dealing with a little injury issue, but to me this is a slam dunk trade for you. Turner fills more cats and is having a great year.

What's the angle of the guy offering you this? I don't get it. Is free agency dry? How many players per team? Is he dying for assists?

He's in last place and loves rookies. 
Yup

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 07:18:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm doing a points league. I had to make a tough trade this week.

I sent away:

PG - Rondo (injured/21 last year)
SG/SF - Kobe (injured/24 last year)
PG/SG - Avery Bradley (11.5 this season)
SF - Al-Farouq Aminu (12.6)

I received:

PG/SG - Goran Dragic (18.1)
PF/C - Serge Ibaka (19)
PF/C - Larry Sanders (10 so far, but coming on strong)

Really Bradley/Aminu were waiver wire garbage.  It mainly amounted to me dumping Kobe and Rondo for Dragic, Ibaka and Sanders.  It's one of those classic "name for no name" deals.  On paper that looks like I gave away stars for role players.  In reality, I think that trade is a heist.  Kobe and Rondo probably aren't returning this month... and even when they do return they will probably be rusty.  I couldn't sit around waiting anymore.  Dragic, Ibaka and Sanders should give me some nice consistent production right now.   

I started the season with Rose, Rondo and Kobe.  I was 0/3 on the injury gambles. 

Also, by making that trade... I'm now fully committed to the Celtics shutting down Rondo for the entire season and going for a good lotto pick. :)

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'd also go with Turner, he is finally putting it together this year and is still young, whereas Burke is getting PT without really earning it and I have some doubts about his long term ability to produce.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I'm doing a points league. I had to make a tough trade this week.

I sent away:

PG - Rondo (injured/21 last year)
SG/SF - Kobe (injured/24 last year)
PG/SG - Avery Bradley (11.5 this season)
SF - Al-Farouq Aminu (12.6)

I received:

PG/SG - Goran Dragic (18.1)
PF/C - Serge Ibaka (19)
PF/C - Larry Sanders (10 so far, but coming on strong)

Really Bradley/Aminu were waiver wire garbage.  It mainly amounted to me dumping Kobe and Rondo for Dragic, Ibaka and Sanders.  It's one of those classic "name for no name" deals.  On paper that looks like I gave away stars for role players.  In reality, I think that trade is a heist.  Kobe and Rondo probably aren't returning this month... and even when they do return they will probably be rusty.  I couldn't sit around waiting anymore.  Dragic, Ibaka and Sanders should give me some nice consistent production right now.   

I started the season with Rose, Rondo and Kobe.  I was 0/3 on the injury gambles. 

Also, by making that trade... I'm now fully committed to the Celtics shutting down Rondo for the entire season and going for a good lotto pick. :)

That seems solid for you
Yup

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

He's in last place and loves rookies.

Hmmm...that Sixers/Pacers trade hurts now (though Burke seems to have hit the proverbial rookie wall)
Yup