Author Topic: NFL Fantasy Football 2013 Draft Discussion  (Read 65350 times)

Re: NFL Fantasy Football 2013 Draft Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Martin falling to 6th seems like a pretty big coup.  I was ecstatic he was there for me at 5 in one of my leagues.  In a PPR I would love your team.  In a standard it is pretty solid, but not as good and your flex needs some help regardless.

I think RG3 if he can stay healthy will be a lot better than Kaepernick (of course that is a big if).  That said you need a lot of help at the flex spot so if the WR upgrade is good enough it is probably worth doing.

Martin was not only there, I took him over Rice.  Top 5 went AP-McCoy-Lynch-Rodgers-Foster. 

Thanks for the tips - I'll take that into account when I'm shopping RGIII.
I'm a Ravens fan and took Martin over Rice when I had the 5th pick.  You just can't let team affiliations play into fantasy.  Just a recipe for disaster.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2013, 10:02:05 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
What do people think about Russell Wilson this year?  Is he a top 10 QB?
Yep.  I have him as the 5th rated QB behind brees, rodgers, manning, and brady.  Guy was a monster down the stretch last year as he got more comfortable.

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
All right CBFolk, I need some help.

I've got a pair of leagues going--one of which is the usual friends-from-way-back bragging rights thing, and another one is a (different) forum thing has a bit of a payout at the end.

The friends one is auction--I think I've got a handle on that.

The forum one is a PPR snake draft. 1 point per reception, 6 points for touch downs, 1 point for 100 rushing yards. I can't seem to find any kind of database on how many passes each player caught last year, which seems to be the real key in figuring out who to do after. Anyone got any good links?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Yep.  I have him as the 5th rated QB behind brees, rodgers, manning, and brady.  Guy was a monster down the stretch last year as he got more comfortable.

Hope so!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I prefer Kaepernik, RgIII, Stafford and potentially Luck/Cam Newton.

I think Wilson is one of those situations where he was underrated that a bunch of people became enthralled with him now he is overrated.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I think Wilson is one of those situations where he was underrated that a bunch of people became enthralled with him now he is overrated.

I totally Agree, I waited on a QB and drafted him in the 9th round pick 87.  I just hope he is good enough to keep me competitive
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I totally Agree, I waited on a QB and drafted him in the 9th round pick 87.  I just hope he is good enough to keep me competitive
I think he will be and drafting him that late is good value for him. Some people are drafting him in the fifth round and those people have lost their marbles.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Wow, 9th round is pretty phenomenal for Wilson.

I diasagree a bit about taking him over RG3/Cam/Luck though.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Here's my team.

Auction League, 14 teams, $200 total,  ppr, all tds the same.

Starters:
Qb- Freeman
Rb-foster
Rb- L. Miller
Rb/wr- J. Jones
Wr-Roddy White
Wr- Andre Johnson
TE- Vernon Davis
D- Broncos
K- Bullock

Bench:
Wr- A. Boldin
Wr- A. Roberts
Wr- B. Hartline
Rb- D. Thomas
Te- J. Cameron
Rb- m. Reece

What you think? I got Freeman with like no money left cost me like $5.

Thinking about trading one of my stud Wr for stud RB.

Let freeman roll for now. He was good second half of last season (good enough)

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I'm just looking at the numbers.  After like week 5 last year, Wilson was the 2nd best fantasy QB.  He was a dominate force in fantasy football.  He needs to increase his passing attempts a bit, but his running is phenomenal and he takes care of the ball very well. 

I forgot about Newton and do have him ahead of Wilson as well.  Bigger stronger runner, more pass attempts, and more proven, but I do have Wilson 6th ahead of the rest of those guys who I think all have real issues (like Romo's line is awful, Luck I think was a bit flukey, Stafford and RG3 have major injury concerns, Kaepernick is less proven and on a team equally prone to run, etc.).

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 11:15:22 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Can't figure out if I should be OK at quarterback in one of my leagues:

I'm in a league with my dad and a bunch of older guys I play softball with. They've been doing fantasy football before the internet, and cuz of it haven't really evolved with the rules. Here's how we do things:

SIX POINTS FOR ALL TD'S

QB: 250 yards before you score (10 points, ONE point per 10 yards after that. So ya, they can go off). 50 yards rushing (10 points, one point per 10 yards).

WR/RB: 60 yards before you score (6 points, one point per 10)

So I've got RG3 (as well as Eli and Vick)

RG3 in 15 games would've hit our bonus in some capacity 11 times. For reference Luck did it 8 times, Eli 6.

So he's consistent, but he's not killing the bonus when he hits it. He only hit the throwing bonus 4 times and maxed out a little over 320 yards (17 points). But guys like Luck who can throw for 400 yards might not be as consistent, but they're scoring big (400 yards is TWENTY FIVE points)

edit: Elsewise I'm stacked

Foster/Tate
Marshawn Lynch
AJ Green
Dwane Bowe
Zack Sudfeld (all top te's were gone, figured roll the dice on some upside)

Got Reggie Bush, and a bunch of pretty decent receivers like Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson on the bench.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:23:42 AM by StartOrien »

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 11:44:54 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Honestly SO, I got no idea.  Those rules are crazy, I have heard of them before, but just beyond my level of analysis haha.

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Can't figure out if I should be OK at quarterback in one of my leagues:

I'm in a league with my dad and a bunch of older guys I play softball with. They've been doing fantasy football before the internet, and cuz of it haven't really evolved with the rules. Here's how we do things:

SIX POINTS FOR ALL TD'S

QB: 250 yards before you score (10 points, ONE point per 10 yards after that. So ya, they can go off). 50 yards rushing (10 points, one point per 10 yards).

WR/RB: 60 yards before you score (6 points, one point per 10)

So I've got RG3 (as well as Eli and Vick)

RG3 in 15 games would've hit our bonus in some capacity 11 times. For reference Luck did it 8 times, Eli 6.

So he's consistent, but he's not killing the bonus when he hits it. He only hit the throwing bonus 4 times and maxed out a little over 320 yards (17 points). But guys like Luck who can throw for 400 yards might not be as consistent, but they're scoring big (400 yards is TWENTY FIVE points)

edit: Elsewise I'm stacked

Foster/Tate
Marshawn Lynch
AJ Green
Dwane Bowe
Zack Sudfeld (all top te's were gone, figured roll the dice on some upside)

Got Reggie Bush, and a bunch of pretty decent receivers like Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson on the bench.
Griffin pretty regularly hits the rushing bonus though and I think that is where he gets his points.  What you need is for him to hit both bonuses like he did in Week 7 last year 258 yards passing and 89 yards rushing (23 points right there without the TD's).  He does that a bit more often then you don't need to worry about the huge passing games from others as he will more than hold his own.

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Alright, I joined a Fantasy Football League, but I know nothing about pro football except for who Tom Brady and Gronk are. That's it. I'm in a 12 team standard CBS league. Can you guys take a look at my roster and let me know how good/bad it is, and what are the major weak points and strong points?

QB   Ryan, Matt
RB   Bush, Reggie

RB   Martin, Doug
WR   Austin, Tavon
WR   Gordon, Josh
WR   Thomas, Demaryius
TE   Witten, Jason
DST   Patriots
K   Gostkowski, Stephen

Bench (QB)  Roethlisberger, Ben
Bench (RB)    Ballard, Vick
Bench (RB)    Mathews, Ryan
Bench (WR) Randle, Rueben
Bench (TE)    Davis, Fred

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2013, 02:39:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Alright, I joined a Fantasy Football League, but I know nothing about pro football except for who Tom Brady and Gronk are. That's it. I'm in a 12 team standard CBS league. Can you guys take a look at my roster and let me know how good/bad it is, and what are the major weak points and strong points?

QB   Ryan, Matt
RB   Bush, Reggie

RB   Martin, Doug
WR   Austin, Tavon
WR   Gordon, Josh
WR   Thomas, Demaryius
TE   Witten, Jason
DST   Patriots
K   Gostkowski, Stephen

Bench (QB)  Roethlisberger, Ben
Bench (RB)    Ballard, Vick
Bench (RB)    Mathews, Ryan
Bench (WR) Randle, Rueben
Bench (TE)    Davis, Fred
pretty good squad overall.  Your bench is weak though and your WR's outside of Thomas could use some help.  You will also have the bye problem with your defense and kicker (i.e. same bye so you will either need to waive them or waive 2 bench players).