Author Topic: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage  (Read 16497 times)

Re: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 01:14:39 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
These are two very low IQ players.  Green does nothing, and Lee blatantly passes to the wrong team at least once a game.

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 01:20:43 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Neither has a motor, especially green.

How bout i cut your chest open, stick crap in your heart and see how you have a motor after it, sound good????

Yes Jeff Green hasnt played to his contract atm, its 10 games into the season and the kid didnt play last year, give him time. Far out!

This excuse is getting real old real fast and its 12 games into the season not 10.

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 01:30:48 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
They are a bit disappointing.

I'm wondering if it's them or it's the roles that they play. I mean they weren't, and shouldn't be as BAD as this.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 01:57:48 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Awesome that someone mentioned Vin Baker and Lafrentz in this thread. Couldn't make me happier.

Haven't posted in a while, but I read Kane's perspective in another thread and here again, and I think he is spot on. I take more issue with Green than Lee, and never saw Lee as more than a filler...

but Green doesn't have a motor, and in my humble opinion, I don't think he has the chops to be a big-time player. The guy oozes basketball player... he looks the part, he has that Jesus Shuttlesworth aura about him, and when he is locked-in, he does something that turns heads.

Overall, I think the guy has an NBA body that will fit a 3/4 depending on the match up, he has the talent, and he has the bball IQ. He just doesn't have the drive, that X factor that, as someone else mentioned in another thread, a guy like Posey (not nearly as talented) does and will therefore have a way bigger impact on the game.

I thought this prior to the season, feel the same way now (perhaps even more so). I do believe it was an awful signing, and I hope the culture of our team can influence his attitude/personality a bit, but I think we have seen what we are going to get from Green. He will be super inconsistent, largely disappoint, and at times turn our heads. Never did like Ainge, and I think he definitely dropped the ball here. I wonder what Doc thinks of Green right now, and the vets as well...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
They are a bit disappointing.

I'm wondering if it's them or it's the roles that they play. I mean they weren't, and shouldn't be as BAD as this.

I'm thinking about the same thing. I'm not judging this team until Bradley comes back and see how he changes this team.

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 02:19:26 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Can't edit my post, but have to add that I do think the season is way to young to predict our standing come year's end... I still genuinely believe that we can be in the ECF again. But I also genuinely believe Green won't be 2x the factor of Wilcox, if we are to get there... and by the way he is being paid, he should be 4x. In other words, I wish I could slap him and see if it makes him choose to pee standing up for a change...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 02:27:55 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Stop complaining about them we're well aware of their performances thus far in the very beginning of this season.  You're just going to have to wait and see how they pan out or hope your ass off for a trade... otherwise stop posting the same crap.

Stop complaining? You act like everyone mutually agrees Green's bad. Like 70% of regular members here are Jeff Green apologists.... And you didn't expect these "I told you so" threads? This kid even admitted he thought JG was going to do well before the season started

get a life

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 03:00:31 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lee is shooting 46% and hasn't missed a free throw.  His defense is probably the best amongst our guards right now.  He can't make shots he isn't taking. 

Green is averaging 8 points, 3 rebounds on 44% shooting in 22 minutes.  That's fine. 

This roster doesn't make any sense.  We are paying starter minutes to a starter-caliber SF and asking him to come off the bench for 20 minutes a night as a big man.  Then we have (when Bradley comes back) 4 different shooting guards splitting what will amount to 52 minutes in the playoffs.  Meanwhile ... aside from KG, all our bigs are backups playing big minutes by default. 

Let's see how the team looks after the deadline before we freak out about Lee and Green not making more of their limited minutes.

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2012, 03:22:30 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

lol Courntey Lee doesn't stop running all game. Where do some of you get this stuff?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 03:26:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Lee is playing well, despite having had little time to sync with this team.

I don't know why people are surprised with Green ... he's just doing what he's always done, and he should never have been added to this roster.

I have a feeling he's not long for this Celtics world.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 04:13:24 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

How bout i cut your chest open, stick crap in your heart and see how you have a motor after it, sound good????

Yes Jeff Green hasnt played to his contract atm, its 10 games into the season and the kid didnt play last year, give him time. Far out!

This excuse is getting real old real fast and its 12 games into the season not 10.

Holy moly - only 70 games to go?!  ;)

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2012, 05:25:44 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Lee has been THE worst player on this team - it'snot even close!  Right now I would rather bench him and give that roster spot to Joseph or Melo so they can at least play some junk minutes (we have plenty of those this year, but in a bad way!).   

In what way is he playing well?

* He's been playing solid defense when he feels like it, and doing nothing on defense at others

* He's shooting worse than Rondo from three

* He's averaged 7 turnovers per 48 minutes in his last three games

* His 100% free throw shooting is irrelevant becuase he's only had two games this season (out of 12) in which he has actually ATTEMPTED  a free throw.

You guys are complaining about Jeff Green?? Compared to Lee he has been an All-Star.

Lee has had only 4 games out of 12 in which he has scored 5 points or more.

Green has only had a single game (vs Philly) in which he didn't score at least 5.

I'm giving Lee some time to work this out, but right now he is BY FAR the worst player on our active roster.

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2012, 05:28:36 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Holy moly - only 70 games to go?!  ;)

We're screwed.

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2012, 06:11:30 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Lee has been THE worst player on this team - it'snot even close!  Right now I would rather bench him and give that roster spot to Joseph or Melo so they can at least play some junk minutes (we have plenty of those this year, but in a bad way!).   

In what way is he playing well?

* He's been playing solid defense when he feels like it, and doing nothing on defense at others

* He's shooting worse than Rondo from three

* He's averaged 7 turnovers per 48 minutes in his last three games

* His 100% free throw shooting is irrelevant becuase he's only had two games this season (out of 12) in which he has actually ATTEMPTED  a free throw.

You guys are complaining about Jeff Green?? Compared to Lee he has been an All-Star.

Lee has had only 4 games out of 12 in which he has scored 5 points or more.

Green has only had a single game (vs Philly) in which he didn't score at least 5.

I'm giving Lee some time to work this out, but right now he is BY FAR the worst player on our active roster.
He moves better off the ball, has been shooting .466, (JG .427), not shooting tres as well, but has almost twice as many assists, and has not missed from the free-throw line. He's far more active and effective on defense than Jeff, and yet nowhere near as gifted athletically. Green is so physically talented, always has been, and yet his attitude has never been more than lukewarm. Lee is always bringing energy into the game, and I'd rather have a hustling guy who works his butt off like Courtney any day over an under-achiever like Green, who rests on his "abilities" and yet never makes the most of them.         
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2012, 06:41:31 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
i hope danny would try and make history by sending a 9mil player to the d-league and try playing joseph for a change. im getting tired of green's un-assertiveness.