Author Topic: Introduce your national team  (Read 2678 times)

Introduce your national team
« on: August 13, 2010, 02:42:33 PM »

Offline jolly_roger

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
It's only 2 weeks till the FIBA World Cup will start. The last roster cuts aren't far away anymore and after reading opinions of some "experts" I'd prefer to read about the teams from people who not only know about them but actually care for them. That's why I'd like the Celtics fans from all over the world to introduce their own team (to the community and to me since I have almost no idea about most teams, with the USA and Spain being the exceptions).

By the way, I hope someone can do that for the german national team instead if me because I don't even know all the players on our roster (man, do I miss having a TV). If not I'll do that after I had the chance to research some of the guys I never heard of.

Re: Introduce your national team
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Hay. My name is Davor and i'm from Croatia. Former superpower who was destroyed by death of Dražen Petrović as much as Celtics was destroyed with deaths of Bias and Lewis.
We have pretty solid team. Our greatest strenght is shooting and mobility of big men. I believe we can go the quaterfinals and then is all possible. US fans know former NBA player Roko Ukić, besides him there are streaky shooter Marko Popović, all-around forwards Marko Tomas and Bojan Bogdanović, 7-2 center (Utah draft pick) Ante Tomić (very skiled Gasol-like) and mobile bigs Nikola Lončar and Nikša Andrić. Our first game will be against USA, but our most important games would be against very solid teams of Brazil and Slovenia. I think USA, Spain, Greece and Argentina are four best teams, but Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia got talent to surprise someone, its like march madness, in one game everything is possible. Good luck to USA, win a gold...i would be sattisfied with bronze :)
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

Re: Introduce your national team
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:59:58 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The Greek roster is not final yet. Kazlauskas will cut 3 players after the game against USA

This summer Diamantidis has joined the team (so has Tsartsaris) and imho his presence makes the team much better. Spanoulis will be of course the go-to guy. Those two will start as guards. Behind them we are a little thin. Kalathes who will make the team is still learning so i don`t know if we count on him much. In a tournament in Cyprus was pretty good though. I wish Papaloukas had made up his mind sooner.

Our big men rotation is impressive if i may say so.
Bourousis - Schortsianitis - Fotsis - Tsartsaris (and possibly Vouyoukas and Mavrokefalidis)

I`m pretty confident about this team , we should reach the semis