Author Topic: 2015-2016 UEFA Champions League  (Read 38464 times)

Re: 2015-2016 UEFA Champions League
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2015, 06:57:55 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Luke Shaw seems to have broken his leg after a nasty challenge. It's bad to worse for United.

Double whammy for United.  Hate to see this happen to any player. 

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Luke Shaw seems to have broken his leg after a nasty challenge. It's bad to worse for United.

Watched the replay a few times when I had the chance. On slow mo, it seems like a good tackle by Hector Moreno (who ironically broke his leg in the same fashion), just unlucky that the leg got tangled. But the lead leg of Moreno seems to have gotten the ball.

Bad luck, United.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 03:32:28 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Watched the replay a few times when I had the chance. On slow mo, it seems like a good tackle by Hector Moreno (who ironically broke his leg in the same fashion), just unlucky that the leg got tangled. But the lead leg of Moreno seems to have gotten the ball.

Bad luck, United.

Haven't seen the play, not in any hurry to, but it sounds like the trailing leg may have got him at the end of the tackle.  If so, it wouldn't be the first time a player sustained this horrible injury in that particular manner.

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Dat Florenzi goal. Wow! That's about what, atleast 60 yards out?

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Arsenal has been disappointing.

The defending is poop, the set piece defending is poop. Everything but Ozil right now is poop.

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 01:34:04 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Arsenal has been disappointing.

The defending is poop, the set piece defending is poop. Everything but Ozil right now is poop.

Knowing Ôzil even that might not last :-P
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 01:52:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I thought Arsenal should've dropped Ozil and switched to 3 in midfield. I don't think they can play a 2 man midfield with Arteta as one of the 2. At the very least, I thought Ramsey should have played instead of Cazorla. At least Ramsey would have brought a bit more energy, running and defensive work. Cazorla and Arteta together was asking for trouble.

Giroud is having a rough start to the season. Letting his frustrations get the better of him and digging himself a deeper hole. Badly needs a goal or two to snap out of this funk. Was so close with those two early chances too ... things not going his way at the moment.

This loss might be a good thing for Arsenal heading into the weekend game against Chelsea. Arsenal (manager + players) seemed over confident about their chances with all the troubles Chelsea have been going through to start the season. I think this loss will do Arsenal some good. Keep their feet on the ground. Make them realize how much more work they need to do to be ready for Chelsea.

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 02:09:18 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I thought Arsenal should've dropped Ozil and switched to 3 in midfield. I don't think they can play a 2 man midfield with Arteta as one of the 2. At the very least, I thought Ramsey should have played instead of Cazorla. At least Ramsey would have brought a bit more energy, running and defensive work. Cazorla and Arteta together was asking for trouble.

Giroud is having a rough start to the season. Letting his frustrations get the better of him and digging himself a deeper hole. Badly needs a goal or two to snap out of this funk. Was so close with those two early chances too ... things not going his way at the moment.

This loss might be a good thing for Arsenal heading into the weekend game against Chelsea. Arsenal (manager + players) seemed over confident about their chances with all the troubles Chelsea have been going through to start the season. I think this loss will do Arsenal some good. Keep their feet on the ground. Make them realize how much more work they need to do to be ready for Chelsea.

You forgot to mention how poor Debuchy and Gibbs were. It could rust, but I don't think so. Bad defending all around.

Giroud was an idiot.

And the fact that Wenger didn't buy a competent CM to dispel Coquelin is now being exposed. Now it's looking like Coquelin has to play every game until the January window, atleast. No defensive presence on the midfield at all.

It was a poor performance all around, it's frustrating. Zagreb didn't do anything special, both goals were handed to them on a plate from bad defending.

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

You forgot to mention how poor Debuchy and Gibbs were. It could rust, but I don't think so. Bad defending all around.

Giroud was an idiot.

And the fact that Wenger didn't buy a competent CM to dispel Coquelin is now being exposed. Now it's looking like Coquelin has to play every game until the January window, atleast. No defensive presence on the midfield at all.

It was a poor performance all around, it's frustrating. Zagreb didn't do anything special, both goals were handed to them on a plate from bad defending.
I feel like it's been the same story but just with different names for the past 4 - 5 seasons for Arsenal.  I wish Wenger would retire so that we can hire Jurgen Klopp to manage the team.  I'd love to see him on the sidelines at the Emirates.

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 02:53:49 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Same thing every year with Arsenal. Drop points in the group stages to inferior teams. Dang themselves to a second place finish. Meet a Spanish/German giant. Eliminated.

At least now nearly every English team is an embarrassment in Europe. City and Man United don't look like they're going far either. Won't be long now until England loses their 4th CL spot.

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Same thing every year with Arsenal. Drop points in the group stages to inferior teams. Dang themselves to a second place finish. Meet a Spanish/German giant. Eliminated.

At least now nearly every English team is an embarrassment in Europe. City and Man United don't look like they're going far either. Won't be long now until England loses their 4th CL spot.

Yeah, but City lost to Juventus, and united, while a better team, lost to PSV. Both are far better teams than Dinamo Zagreb. And add to it that Zagreb didn't do anything better than Arsenal in that game. We got killed by sloppy defending. Inexcusable.

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2015, 04:35:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Man City were really disappointing against Juventus.

Yaya Toure and Fernandinho did a good job at the base of midfield but they were outnumbered 3-to-2 so they had to stay in position and were unable to get forward. Playing David Silva and Samir Nasri together put two slower attacking midfield. No Aguero so City lost explosive pace up front as well. Leaving Sterling as their only quick-footed attacker. Everybody else was playing in front of a set-up Juventus defense and in a crowded midfield. They couldn't get forward. Made themselves so easy to defend against. Juve swarmed Sterling every time he touched the ball.

I hate that Pelligrini has dropped Navas from the first 11. With De Bruyne on board, I expect this will happen more and more for City. That explosive pace on either side of the pitch has been so valuable for City in the league to start the season. Silly to go away from it.

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2015, 04:40:26 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Attempting to utilize Ramsay, Cazorla or Arteta in holding roles is nonsense.  This is why a second DM (beyond Coquelin) was an imperative in the transfer window, or ,er, it should have been. 

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2015, 04:43:44 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Man City were really disappointing against Juventus.

Yaya Toure and Fernandinho did a good job at the base of midfield but they were outnumbered 3-to-2 so they had to stay in position and were unable to get forward. Playing David Silva and Samir Nasri together put two slower attacking midfield. No Aguero so City lost explosive pace up front as well. Leaving Sterling as their only quick-footed attacker. Everybody else was playing in front of a set-up Juventus defense and in a crowded midfield. They couldn't get forward. Made themselves so easy to defend against. Juve swarmed Sterling every time he touched the ball.

I hate that Pelligrini has dropped Navas from the first 11. With De Bruyne on board, I expect this will happen more and more for City. That explosive pace on either side of the pitch has been so valuable for City in the league to start the season. Silly to go away from it.

Fantastic post - agree 100% and I'm a City fan.  Well played, Who!  With Sterling on the left and Navas on the right, we have the correct balance between attacking and defending, pace and solidity. 

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2015, 04:44:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Terrible defending and blunder goalkeeping. Arsenal dropped points again.

Don't think they advance this year unless they beat Bayern Munich.

Edit: Wow, next two games is home/away vs Bayern Munich. Yep, we are done.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:53:37 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »