Author Topic: How to over react  (Read 1933 times)

How to over react
« on: November 21, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Since many CStrong members are disturbed with our first month of the season and therefore overreact, I'll offer some brief guidelines on how to overreact, just in case for those that can't or simply, don't do it for whatever reason.

*If Celtics lose a game in November.
Pick a Celtics player that played poorly last game or two. Name a thread after him and throw in a negative context in the title.
Example: GH is washed up,  Big Al is overpaid (one of my personal favorites)
You will gain some comfort in attracting comments with a similar sentiment. That will help you to survive the day. If that player plays well the next game, then, who cares, everybody wins!

*If a random name comes up in trade rumors.
Regardless of that player's status and skill, just repeat the 1st step. Pick a Celtic that didn't have his best game last night and - Voila! you have a great trade proposal.
Example: Trade Idea: Jason Smith - (insert a Celtic you dislike)
You may pay some attention to the salaries, but if you are short on time don't.
Life is short, just go for it.

*If there are no names in trade rumors.
Pick a great player. Think AD or KAT. Aim high if you are already making things up.
Choose one of our higher paid players, add some picks and present the trade.
If anyone writes you back that the deal is impossible within the CBA structure, ignore him. Ask for Saltlover's opinion knowing that he is offline these days. If he didn't bury it, you are safe.

*If Danny doesn't do a deal by game 20.
Question his resolve and talent evaluation. We are not riding a 10 game streak and he is acting like it is normal. Trust me, there is no way you will stand alone in this one.
Remember that he missed out on E'twaun Moore (he even had him here!), Giannis, D. Green etc.

*If Brad didn't draw up the play to win the game from 2 feet.
Say that he has lost it, and bring our current record (9-8) as a crown proof of your thesis.
You have the facts, after all, others are just mentioning his previous body of work.
You know well that nothing comes out of dwelling in the past. Additional points for those who wrote about his inadequacy previous years. They knew he was a fraud all along.

I am sure I require more training in this overreacting activity, but I am diligent, and hopefully, I will get there by April.
Please do share your vast knowledge and experiences to help us all out during these crucial November times.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:36:42 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: How to over react
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 09:27:11 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I've been kind of lurking on this blog for about 8 years, and this my friend is the best thing I've ever read here. Perfectly summs up 8 years worth of reading in 1 post.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 09:40:19 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
multiple TP's     ;D 8)

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 10:16:49 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is amazing.  Thank you.  Great stuff.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 10:39:54 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
well done.  TP.

I would offer a minor tweak to the list:

When offering a trade, be sure to evaluate all players on the Celtics at well-below market value and all players on other rosters at well-above market value.  As is customary, when trying to acquire even the 15th man on a roster such as the Pheonix Suns, we can only acquire that player by offering our absolute best talent and lots of it, such as it is.  if our players were really valued around the league, they'd be playing somewhere else so we must drastically overpay for anyone we acquire in any trade no matter how meager their production.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
LOL I already said weeks ago that I'm giving this team 30 games to determine if they are legit or are just another playoff team. I think as it gets closer to the playoffs they will pick it up. They already know seeding means nothing so they may have a hard time staying motivated right now.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 11:31:49 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Apparently Paul Pierce disagrees -

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/paul-pierce-gives-honest-take-celtics-disappointing-start-season

To this point in the season - they SUCK and should be ashamed of themselves.  Do I blow it up?  Of course not.  But saying "stay the course" is not the answer.  This will be Brad's most challenging season because the expectations and the talent have never been higher or better.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 11:35:59 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
well done.  TP.

When offering a trade, be sure to evaluate all players on the Celtics at well-below market value and all players on other rosters at well-above market value.  As is customary, when trying to acquire even the 15th man on a roster such as the Pheonix Suns, we can only acquire that player by offering our absolute best talent and lots of it, such as it is.  if our players were really valued around the league, they'd be playing somewhere else so we must drastically overpay for anyone we acquire in any trade no matter how meager their production.

TP for important tweak.. :D

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 11:53:33 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
TP this is one of the funniest things I’ve read on this site  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Hvala vam. To je vrlo smiješno.  ;D tp.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 01:46:55 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
What can we do but laugh :D
Better play will come.

well done.  TP.

When offering a trade, be sure to evaluate all players on the Celtics at well-below market value and all players on other rosters at well-above market value.  As is customary, when trying to acquire even the 15th man on a roster such as the Phoenix Suns, we can only acquire that player by offering our absolute best talent and lots of it, such as it is.  if our players were really valued around the league, they'd be playing somewhere else so we must drastically overpay for anyone we acquire in any trade no matter how meager their production.

True, player's trade values are extremely volatile, depending purely on their last performance.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
What can we do but laugh :D
Better play will come.

well done.  TP.

When offering a trade, be sure to evaluate all players on the Celtics at well-below market value and all players on other rosters at well-above market value.  As is customary, when trying to acquire even the 15th man on a roster such as the Phoenix Suns, we can only acquire that player by offering our absolute best talent and lots of it, such as it is.  if our players were really valued around the league, they'd be playing somewhere else so we must drastically overpay for anyone we acquire in any trade no matter how meager their production.

True, player's trade values are extremely volatile, depending purely on their last performance.
well to be fair and sticking to the guidelines, their last performance can only be taken into account if they play poorly.  if they have a good game, that's obviously an aberration which should fool no one here and would certainly not fool any GMs around the league into thinking that said C's player would actually have talent or be good at any aspect of the game.   

to append onto the prior rule, it should be offered that if a player came from another team where they were considered a great or very good player but do not put up similar all-world numbers here it's obvious that the Celtics organization overrated said player and/or Brad cannot coach properly which has caused the player's production (and thus trade value) to diminish to the point where we must now pay handsomely to have the player taken off our hands.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 04:12:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I'm not sure anyone on Celtics Strong needs pointers on over reacting, myself included....

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 04:35:01 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
LOL I already said weeks ago that I'm giving this team 30 games to determine if they are legit or are just another playoff team. I think as it gets closer to the playoffs they will pick it up. They already know seeding means nothing so they may have a hard time staying motivated right now.

After watching last year’s edition, I’d really like to have home court if possible.

But first things first. Thy have to start playing better...

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 05:51:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
oh this come naturally for this blog ...LOL