17 (37.8%)
No, you have crazy in your brains
3 (6.7%)
Maybe, too soon to tell
18 (40%)
Kelly looks like a mythical creature (e.g., unicorn)--he can't be real
7 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Is Kelly turning the corner?  (Read 6429 times)

Re: Is Kelly turning the corner?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 12:02:26 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's played great.  I've always liked Olynyk.  I'd still love to see what he could do with consistent starter minutes on a team.  His increased production usually has to do with increased minutes.

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2015, 03:21:34 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I was watching a very poor stream of the game tonight and had difficulty viewing some parts. But I wanted to ask if any one else walked away with the impression that we were running the offense through KO at several points in the game?

It looked to me that after he had hit some open shots, we (as a team, perhaps per mad scientist) were looking to get him in isolation after their switches. Any credence to that, from what you saw? It certainly looked like he was jockeying for position on several plays throughout the game and our guys showed patience to work it into him.

I ask because I have not seen that before, but would like to see it more often. He has been playing well of late, and has had good stretches, but he generally does it within the offense. He proved tonight that may have it in him to answer the call when needed, and man, he was doing it in so many different ways. I hope there is a concerted effort to get him more involved in coming games... we should ride this wave as far as it takes us.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:38:18 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2015, 03:32:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
KO + confidence = dangerous

we have like a younger Scola in our hands. That is a good player

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2015, 04:10:14 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Happy for him. If he happens to be the first prospect to emerge that would be very good for the team because of his unusual skill set. Here's to hoping he becomes our first blossom.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2015, 04:44:09 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I for one welcome our new foolish haired overlord.

He's doing all the right things at the moment, making good reads on offense and defending well.

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2015, 05:33:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
kelly was playing well before ankle injury last year,he was out for quite awhile came back and couldn't jump or drive or shoot-it severely effected his stats and overall game-
kelly couldn;t get to hoop or finish-
kelly played team basketball all summer-
came back a better player with more confidence

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 06:03:39 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
kelly was playing well before ankle injury last year,he was out for quite awhile came back and couldn't jump or drive or shoot-it severely effected his stats and overall game-
kelly couldn;t get to hoop or finish-
kelly played team basketball all summer-
came back a better player with more confidence
That explains his play after the injury, but how can you explain his play this year prior to the last 5 or 6 games?  He played aggressively in the preseason and seemed to carry that into the season very early on.  But then he was thoroughly disappointing throughout November.  Hope he can repeat last night's performance soon.

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 06:21:40 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i have seen kelly hip check a guy underneath to create space  and got a louped a pass by turner for score ,his dribbling skills have picked up and he has posted up and used a tommy hook
also saw him forearm a guy across chest and knock him back aggressively
to begin this season, kelly had to adjust again  to amr and lee-turner definately makes kelly better
i did post a topic " kelly experimenting" with his dribbling, navigating in the paint,post ups ,hook shotand going to hoop and dumping it off-
keep the turner kelly pairing--as the season progresses and defences relax it benefits kelly
he had a good dec last year

"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:28:19 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 07:17:26 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
He's played great.  I've always liked Olynyk.  I'd still love to see what he could do with consistent starter minutes on a team.  His increased production usually has to do with increased minutes.
Agree.  His size and skill set is bizarre (in a good way).  I love him as a bench center at this point but high post/low post running offense through him, like Duncan. 
We simply haven't had any big distance himself from our overpacked pack, only so many minutes

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2015, 08:27:17 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
KO + confidence = dangerous

we have like a younger Scola in our hands. That is a good player

I think so too. .    If he ever gets over the shyness on the court .   He needs to take the game more personal .   

When he gets in the game ,  play with force and make a statement ....." I the best guy on the court " , play with confidence . 

He kinda doesn't have that Kobe / Larry Bird killer instinct .  When I'm on the court my team is going to lead the game.

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
The Dirk comparisons always seemed way off to me. KO is such a different player, other than tall, white and a good shooter, there is nothing.

He has great feel in the paint, is much quicker with his fake and drive. I don't know who the best comparison is, but it's not Dirk
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.